Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Similarities between the mythical Jesus and Hercules..absolutely amazing!

AdamSmith
    It's his thread, most honorable TPG. Ergo you may want to let him say his thing.

Better here, than spread around elsewhere in the forum.

TKE is troubled by religion in general, and by death row inmates claiming they have found Jesus in particular, therefore petitioning for clemency.

That is relevant in a distant sense.

Whereas most of the rest of us are either secure in our religions or else ignore religion completely, TKE is troubled.

He is in a sort of purgatory. He won't escape from this without some kind of dialogue therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by tpg View Post
    This whole thread is about to go bye bye, check your PM TKE! This is not the place to argue this bullshit.
    What happened to freedom of speech?? I am not using any profanity nor insulting any member.

Adam, I am an evidence based person so I only believe what can be proven.

Stfu

When I paid all cost to start this site, one of my biggest pet peeves on another site was all THE GOD TALK! I am over it. I let you have this thread TKE, but bottom line I do not care about anyone's personal feelings about a divine being. And it has no place on MY SITE!!

THIS IS A PRO-DEATH PENALTY WEB SITE!
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKindExecutioner View Post
    What happened to freedom of speech?? I am not using any profanity nor insulting any member.

Adam, I am an evidence based person so I only believe what can be proven.
    Check your freedom of speech doctrine. That only applies against the government in certain circumstances. You are on a privately owned website, asshole. WE make the rules here.

I AM QUEEN! We really don't have to name call!
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Thanks Heidi and Happy Thanksgiving/Happy Holidays!

So everyone can contribute to this thread again because it is the only thread on religion.

Its interesting the comparison of Jesus and Hercules. If you actually look at a lot of religions, the under lying theme is the same. My opinion is the bible and all religious beliefs are written by men, and as a women I am not going to follow anything that is oppressive towards women, which all religion is to a certain extent. Religion is the cause of more wars and mass murder then even race.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

First of all, I want to thank Queen Heidi for letting us have this one thread on religion. Helen, you bring up great points and keep in mind the dying/resurrection myth has been done in several gods before Jesus!

The Myth of the Historical Jesus

Despite the widespread belief in Jesus the fact remains that there is no historical Jesus. In order to understand what is meant by an "historical Jesus," consider King Midas in Greek mythology. The story that King Midas turned everything he touched into gold is clearly nonsense, yet despite this we know that there was a real King Midas. Archaeologists have excavated his tomb and found his skeletal remains. The Greeks who told the story of Midas and his golden touch clearly intended people to identify him with the real Midas. So although the story of the golden touch is fictional, the story is about a person whose existence is known as a fact--the "historical Midas." In the case of Jesus, however, there is no single person whose existence is known as a fact and who is also intended to be the subject of the Jesus stories, i.e. there is no historical Jesus.

When confronted by a Christian missionary, one should immediately point out that*the very existence of Jesus has not been proven. When missionaries argue they usually appeal to emotions rather than to reason and they will attempt to make you feel embarrassed about denying the historicity of Jesus. The usual response is something like "Isn't denying the existence of Jesus just as silly as denying the existence of Julius Caesar or Queen Elizabeth?" A popular variation of this response used especially against Jews is "Isn't denying the existence of Jesus like denying the Holocaust?" One should then point out that there are ample historical sources confirming the existence of Julius Caesar, Queen Elizabeth or whoever else is named, while there is no corresponding evidence for Jesus.

http://www.christianity-revealed.com...icaljesus.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information