Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Michael Kell - Utah Death Row

xco
    Quote Originally Posted by iMxth3xbossx5000 View Post
    I just watched a whole documentary on Troy Kell and I can honestly say this man is extremely intelligent. Even for a High School dropout, hearing him talking and the manner in which he articulates things, he is a very, very smart man. After seeing this documentary, I've come to hold respect for Kell
    Wow, you said you watched the documentary, so you know that Kell was previously convicted in NV for what became to be known as the show and tell murder, but what you don't know is that while in NV kell conned a female CO to bring bullets into him, he was making a zip gun and was planning to shoot as many officers as he could, due to good work by the prison staff the bullets were found before Kell had the oppertunity to use them, after serving time in Dis seg he was let back out into gen pop, where he and two others beat an officer almost to death, that officer went through 3 years of rehab he tried to return to work but couldn't bring himself to return, he transferrred to another department within the state. All three inmates were sent to other states because of their fear that the staff would retaliate. Just because a man is articulate does not mean he deserves respect, most con artists are very articulate.

None more so articulate then Troy Kell. I believe he is remorseful for his crime. He openly spoke about the crime itself and the original murder which landed him in prison in the first place. I have alot of respect for Troy. He's obviously one very intelligent individual, just watch the documentary.

xco
    I have seen the documentary, and maybe I'm biased because I had to help mop a fellow Corrections officer's blood off a corridor floor, I've had interaction with Kell when the camera's wern't rolling, trust me when he's not playing for the media he's not that fascinating.

Honestly, I just can't put it into words. After watching the full documentary, I've just come to see a different side to Troy Kell then the so-called monster he's being made out to look like. And I'm not even close to being an opponent of the death penalty. I've just come to respect the man a whole lot more after watching the documentary.

Now I thought yu said you were a C.O at Ely State Prison. How could you have had interaction with Troy Kell?

xco
    He started out in Nevada, until him and his buddies attacked an officer at Ely State Prison, then they were transferred to differnet States, Kell went to Utah and the other two went to California because they feared the staff would retaliate, Kell went to a differnt state than the other two because it was determined that he was the ring leader and no state would take the three together.

So you've openly communicated with Troy Kell before?

xco
    Maybe I should clarify, that Ely State prison is the maximum custody prison in the State of Nevada

Yes, when he lived at the Ely State prison, I did have several interactions with him, when he was in lock down for the bullets I was assigned to his unit, and I transferred to the yard just a couple of weeks before he attacked the officer, he was on my yard labor crew.

Jan
    The whole documentary

nikkirei
    Quote Originally Posted by xco View Post
    Wow, you said you watched the documentary, so you know that Kell was previously convicted in NV for what became to be known as the show and tell murder, but what you don't know is that while in NV kell conned a female CO to bring bullets into him, he was making a zip gun and was planning to shoot as many officers as he could, due to good work by the prison staff the bullets were found before Kell had the oppertunity to use them, after serving time in Dis seg he was let back out into gen pop, where he and two others beat an officer almost to death, that officer went through 3 years of rehab he tried to return to work but couldn't bring himself to return, he transferrred to another department within the state. All three inmates were sent to other states because of their fear that the staff would retaliate. Just because a man is articulate does not mean he deserves respect, most con artists are very articulate.
    First of all some of your information may be accurate but let me just set a couple of things straight!!! First of all in regards to the .22 caliber bullets found in Troy Kell's cell. Wasn't at all due to the so called good work by the prison staff but by a PRISON SNITCH telling prison staff where to find them... I'm just saying... Troy remained in D-Seg never got back out to the yard was actually moved to unit 4A which was right next door...
    As far as the fight with the officers Troy was never even there so don't add his name it was inmates James, Anderson, Carper and Hogue and it began in the corridor with inmate James slamming a CO with an elbow, Yes the officer was severely beaten however Troy Kell was locked up in unit 3 at the time of the attack and that is not where the beating occurred..... I also Might add that it was six whole months until Troy was sent to Utah in a prisoner exchange program The other inmates listed above were also sent out to different instritutions however none as a result of the correction officer incident....
    Last edited by nikkirei; 02-26-2016 at 08:50 PM.

oazis
    Hello Nikki,

it's good to see someone who really knows Troy!

Could you share some information what's going on with him? How is he? Can he still survive somehow in those circumstances? Is he still fighting for his case?
    I really would appreciate if you could share something. Thank you!

Regarding Troy, I am not a fan and I am not a hater. I don't want to neither judge him nor say that he is innocent... and I obviously don't know him, therfore I can't really form a correct opinion. But based on what I've seen or read, for me he seems to be a guy who made some very bad decisions that cost him a lot, but somehow he doesn't seem to be a bad person for me. I hope I'm not mistaken.

And do you know what happened to Bill Merritt??
    It's a bit strange that he is rarely mentioned in the video, but I wonder how much influence he might have had in the original crime.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information