AUDIO: Police interview with Joshua Young

We're learning new details about the teenager who was murdered behind Liberty High School.

Joshua Young and his father Joshua Gouker are charged with Trey Zwicker's death. The police interview with Young was just released, along with transcripts from other police interviews.

For the first time, we're hearing from Young. In a police interview Young says he remembers his father Gouker with a gun back in May or June of 2011. Young says, "It was a silver gun. It wasn't a revolver. It was a pistol. It had the clip and when he cocked it, it slided back. You could cock it with your hand."

In a recent interview with WDRB News, Gouker claims he's the only one responsible for his step-son's death. But he won't say what weapon he used. Gouker says, "I'm not going to say right now. They don't have it."

But when Gouker was interviewed by police after Zwicker's murder, he told a different story. Gouker says Young told him he and Zwicker went to go smoke and after Zwicker put away his cell phone to check the time, Young hit him at least 15 times with a wooden baseball bat.

Click HERE to listen to the police interview.

Gouker says Young hit Zwicker fast and the teen went down and was shaking. He says Young continued to hit him because he said he hated his step-brother.

But Gouker is now coming to the defense of his son saying, "Josh is not a violent kid. He's not going to beat something to death with a bat."

Gouker says he was struggling with the fact his wife aborted their baby and was upset with Zwicker for stealing marijuana from him.

Young tells police they would all smoke together. He says, "It started off with my first home visit Christmas Eve. Then, ever time I visited him we smoked and then when I moved in, it was every day."

Young and Gouker are expected in court Friday morning to get ready for their trials.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19534888/n...f-trey-zwicker