Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Robert Dixon Sentenced in 2007 NC Slaying of Sara Dixon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Robert Dixon Sentenced in 2007 NC Slaying of Sara Dixon

Prosecutor to seek death penalty in Sara Dixon murder case

By Keren Rivas / TImes-News

GRAHAM — Prosecutors will seek the death penalty against three men accused of killing a 68-year-old retired bank employee in her home in November 2007.

During two brief hearings Monday, Alamance County District Attorney Rob Johnson announced his office plans to pursue the maximum penalty for Robert “Dennis” Dixon, Matthew Devon Fields and Thomas Clay Friday for their role in the killing of Sara Jones Bright Dixon.

The men, who were arrested roughly 1 1/2 years after the woman was found dead in her 2049 McCray Road home, have all been charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and first-degree burglary. Fields and Friday also were charged with possession of a firearm by a felon. Robert Dixon, who is the stepson of Sara Dixon, faces an additional charge of solicitation to commit a felony.

Authorities believe Robert Dixon, 45, paid someone to have his stepmother killed. According to court documents, they also believe 21-year-old Fields allegedly broke into Sara Dixon’s home at between midnight and 2 a.m. Nov. 29, 2007 with the intent to commit first-degree murder.

In the documents, Friday, 36, a friend of Dennis Dixon, told detectives that Fields allegedly shot Sara Dixon that night with a Makarov 9 mm handgun. Friday also allegedly told them that he paid Fields with cash and transferred possession of his daughter’s “pocket bike” as partial payment for killing Dixon.

In order for the case to be deemed capital, the state has to prove that at least one of 11 aggravating circumstances exists. These include that the offense was especially heinous, atrocious and cruel; was committed during the commission of a felony or was a murder for hire.

Johnson did not tell the court Monday which aggravating circumstance he was planning to prosecute the men on but said the case presented at least one.

“In my mind, there is clearly one and possibly two” aggravating circumstances, he said.

Johnson said there is still evidence the Alamance County Sheriff’s Department and the State Bureau of Investigation are working on. Once he gets all the evidence, he added, he will have a clearer idea of how to proceed.

In the meantime, Senior Resident Superior Court Judge J.B. Allen ordered the appointment of additional defense attorneys in the case. By law, a person who qualifies for a court-appointed attorney and faces a capital offense has to have two defense attorneys.

All three men, who are currently being held without bond, qualified for court-appointed counsel. Only Dennis Dixon was represented by two attorneys during Monday’s proceedings.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/seek-27764-graham-briefheader.html

Men accused of murder face civil suit

Three men involved in a capital murder trial — accused of killing a 68-year-old woman inside her home in 2007 — also face a civil suit alleging wrongful death and seeking punitive damages.

As of Wednesday there was no trial date set for the criminal case against Robert “Dennis” Dixon, Matthew Devon Fields and Thomas Clay Friday in the homicide of Sara Jones Bright Dixon, who was shot to death in her McCray Road Home on Nov. 30, 2007.

Law enforcement charged Robert Dixon, 46 — Sara Dixon’s stepson — with hiring Fields, 22, and Friday, 37, to break into the home and kill her. They are all charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and first-degree burglary. Fields and Friday are also charged with possession of a firearm by a felon. Robert Dixon faces an additional charge of solicitation to commit a felony.

The district attorney’s office is pursuing the death penalty for each of them.

James Michael Neese, the executor of Sara Dixon’s estate, filed the civil suit claiming wrongful death and seeking punitive damages on Sept. 25, 2009, through Gibsonville attorney Daniel Bullard.

The suit claims the men planned and caused her death and that the estate is “entitled to recover of defendants … a lump sum sufficient to compensate the estate for the present monetary value of the decedent … (and) the net income she would have earned during normal life expectancy” and compensation for funeral and medical expenses and pain and suffering.

Robert Dixon, Fields and Friday answered the suit on Oct. 13, 2008, denying the claims and asking that the civil trial be held following the murder trial.

In May, following the death of Sara Dixon’s husband, Neese requested a temporary restraining order be placed on Robert Dixon or his representatives from controlling the family’s property and on May 20 requested a constructive trust placed on the land.

Superior Court Judge J.B. Allen Jr. placed a restraining order and injunction on the transfer of the family’s property on May 21.

The injunction was extended by Superior Court Judge Paul Gessner on June 3.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/mur...rial-face.html

Prosecutor: Murder motivated by hatred and greed

In the opening day of testimony in a capital murder trial, defense attorneys said they intend to show that a co-defendant acted on his own when he murdered a 68-year-old woman in 2007.

Robert “Dennis” Dixon, 49, is accused of hiring two men — Thomas Clay Friday, 40, and Matthew Devon Fields, 25 — to kill his stepmother, Sara Dixon, in 2007. His trial began Tuesday. Dennis Dixon could face the death penalty if found guilty of hiring them to carry out the murder on Nov. 28, 2007.

Friday, who pleaded guilty to first-degree murder last year, is now at the center of both the state’s and defense’s cases.

Friday took the stand Tuesday as the state’s first witness, describing how Dennis Dixon agreed to pay $10,000 to have Sara Dixon “taken out of the equation.” Friday said Dennis Dixon was upset she was selling family land to pay for his father’s healthcare.

But the defense intends to show that Friday acted without Dennis Dixon’s knowledge or consent when he recruited Fields to break into Sara Dixon’s home on Nov. 28, 2007, shoot and kill her.

“Friday killed Sara Dixon with the hope he was going to get something in the future from Dennis Dixon, because he thought he would get some reward from Dennis,” defense attorney Stephen Freedman said during opening statements.

Friday was on the stand for more than four hours Tuesday and will continue being cross-examined by defense attorneys when the trial resumes at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/top...greed-1.197042
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Jury hears evidence for, against death penalty

Witnesses for both sides in the trial of Robert Dennis Dixon testified tearfully Monday as the state and defense made cases for the death penalty or life imprisonment.

Dennis Dixon, 49, was found guilty Friday of plotting the murder of his stepmother, 68-year-old Sara Dixon, in November 2007. The trial entered the sentencing phase Monday. The state is seeking the death penalty for Dennis Dixon. His attorneys are arguing for a life sentence.

It will be up to the jury to decide his punishment.

Both the state and defense rested Monday afternoon. Attorneys will meet with Superior Court Judge W. Osmond Smith III on Tuesday to discuss jury instructions on sentencing. The jury will hear arguments for and against the death penalty beginning at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Sara Dixon’s son and grandson, James Michael “Mike” Neese and James Michael “Jamie” Neese Jr., were the only witnesses called to testify for the state. They described her as loving and devoted to her family and godchildren. They said she was fun-loving, and especially loved NASCAR and Richard Petty, and that she was always supportive of them.

Losing his mother has been “pure hell,” Mike Neese said.

“She made sure I knew I was a loved child,” said Mike Neese, Dixon’s only son. “She was one of my best friends, if not my best friend. She was someone I always knew was there for me. I miss that.”

After Sara Dixon was killed, the family found dozens of cards sent to her that she’d saved over the years. Each was dated in her handwriting, sometimes with special occasions noted on the envelope. Several of those cards were introduced into evidence, as were photographs of her with family — at Mike Neese’s 2007 wedding, with Jamie Neese as a toddler, and with her great-granddaughter at the 2006 Burlington Christmas parade.

The defense called a handful of witnesses, including longtime friends and two Alamance County jailers who described Dennis Dixon as a model inmate.

Capt. Garland Vincent said the Alamance County jail would be a better place if all the inmates were like Dennis Dixon, who shared food and books with other inmates and was respectful and courteous. Though he’s been in jail more than four years, Dennis Dixon hasn’t ever been written up for a violation — which Vincent and former deputy Archie Kenyon said is unusual.

“He treated me like a human being. That’s unusual sometimes for inmates to treat an officer that way, but he did,” Vincent said. “I think he’d be a good asset (to the prison system) because he’s always helping people.”

The Dennis Dixon whom other defense witnesses described was the opposite of a calculating killer.

Seth Baker, the son of Dennis Dixon’s ex-girlfriend, lived with him between 2003 and 2009. He was about 8 years old when his mother met and moved in with Dennis Dixon, along with his two siblings. He told the jury that Dennis Dixon was his best friend while growing up. Baker said Dennis Dixon took him to games, helped him with homework and took care of him.

“I love him. I miss him. I’m always thinking about him,” Baker said.

Longtime friends Chuck Piper and Richard Longest said Dennis Dixon is outgoing and thoughtful, even while incarcerated never complaining and always asking about their concerns. Longest said Dennis Dixon is like a brother.

“No matter what happens, he has always been my friend, and he will always be my friend,” Piper said.

Dennis Dixon was convicted Friday of first-degree murder, first-degree burglary and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder. The jury found him guilty of hiring Thomas Clay Friday, 40, and Matthew Devon Fields, 25, to kill Sara Dixon after a prolonged estate dispute in 2007.

Sara Dixon was found shot to death Nov. 30, 2007, in her home at 2033 McCray Road.

Her death put the family’s property in the hands of brothers Dennis and Alan Dixon.

Read more

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/top....236718?page=3

Dixon pleads not guilty to role in stepmother's murder

A man accused of hiring two hit men to kill his 68-year-old stepmother in 2007 pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of first-degree murder and other associated crimes.

Robert “Dennis” Dixon, 47, of McCray Road, faces the death penalty if convicted. In addition to first-degree murder, he is charged with felony conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and solicitation to commit first-degree murder.

Alamance County deputies charged him with hiring Matthew Devon Fields, 22, and Thomas Clay Friday, 37, to kill Sara Jones Bright Dixon between April and November 2007.

There is no date yet set for Dennis Dixon’s trial. During an arraignment hearing Wednesday afternoon, defense attorney Terry W. Alford of Spring Hope and prosecutors agreed to continue to exchange information about the case in pretrial discovery.

Sara Dixon, a retired bank employee, was found shot to death inside her home at 2049 McCray Road home on Nov. 30, 2007. No arrests were made in the investigation for nearly 18 months until July 2009.

Both Fields and Friday face the death penalty on first-degree murder charges and are also charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and possession of a firearm by a felon.

Investigators say they believe Dennis Dixon had Sara Dixon killed because he didn’t want her to inherit his father, Cardwell Dixon’s, assets if the man died. During an April 2009 interview, James Blaylock told detectives he overheard Dennis Dixon talking about his alleged motive.

According to court documents, investigators believe Fields allegedly broke into Sara Dixon’s home between midnight and 2 a.m. Nov. 29, 2007 with the intent to commit first-degree murder. In the documents, Friday, a friend of Dennis Dixon, allegedly told detectives that Fields shot Sara Dixon that night with a Makarov 9 mm handgun. Friday also allegedly told them that he paid Fields with cash and transferred possession of his daughter’s “pocket bike” as partial payment for killing Dixon.

A civil suit claiming wrongful death has also been filed against each of the men.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/ste...am-guilty.html

Witness says he overheard plot to kill Sara Dixon

A witness testified Thursday that he heard two defendants in a capital murder case talk about killing Sara Dixon in the months leading up to her November 2007 murder.

James “Jamie” Blaylock said he was with Robert Dennis Dixon, 49, and Thomas Clay Friday, 40, in early July 2007 when Sara Dixon and sales of the Dixon family estate came up in conversation. Dennis Dixon cursed and called Sara Dixon lewd names several times, Blaylock said.

“(Dennis) went on to say: I’d give someone $5K to smoke her …,” Blaylock testified. “And (Friday) said: You tell the wrong (expletive) that and they’ll take you up on it.”

Dennis Dixon is on trial, charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and first-degree burglary. He could face the death penalty if found guilty of his stepmother’s murder. Friday pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against Dennis Dixon and co-defendant Matthew Devon Fields, 25, in exchange for a life sentence.

The state believed Dennis Dixon hired Friday and Fields to kill Sara Dixon because she put his father in a nursing home and family property was being sold to pay bills there. Dennis Dixon’s defense argues that Friday acted on his own when he allegedly recruited Fields to break-in Sara Dixon’s home and shoot her.

Blaylock said he’s known Dennis Dixon since they were teenagers and met Friday about a decade ago while racing at Ace Speedway. Blaylock and Friday often worked on cars together. The day he overheard their conversation, they were installing an engine lift at Dennis Dixon’s property, 2049 McCray Road.

Blaylock didn’t come forward with the information until almost 17 months after Sara Dixon’s body was found in her bed at 2033 McCray Road in Burlington. Blaylock explained he feared for his life if he went to law enforcement and thought they would solve the case on their own.

A heart attack in 2008 led him to become a born-again Christian.

“I got saved at Ace Speedway ... After that, my heart hurt, my head hurt: I got to tell someone what I know,” Blaylock testified.

He called Alamance County Sheriff Terry Johnson and told what he knew on April 22, 2009.

Blaylock was paid $1,500 by the sheriff’s department and $1,250 by Alamance County CrimeStoppers for the information.

Because he was paid, defense attorney Stephen Freedman motioned to have Blaylock’s testimony ruled inadmissible. Superior Court Judge Osmond Smith denied that motion.

Blaylock also testified about Friday showing him a “small, foreign, throw-away gun” believed to be the weapon used to kill Sara Dixon. That gun has never been recovered. Friday believes a friend threw it in University Lake in Chapel Hill.

Also on Thursday, Jurors spent hours poring over Dennis Dixon’s extensive notes documenting Sara Dixon’s whereabouts on nearly every day of 2005. Dennis Dixon kept those notes on a calendar, mainly describing whether or not Sara Dixon visited his father, Cardwell Dixon, while he was in a nursing home. According to the calendar, Sara Dixon often went days or even weeks without visiting her husband at Alamance Healthcare.

Dennis Dixon also wrote about interactions and arguments with Sara Dixon, on one occasion writing “SHE IS MENTAL” after a decision she made regarding Cardwell Dixon’s care and condition.

The calendar was seized from Dennis Dixon’s cubicle at LabCorp by State Bureau of Investigation agent Gerald Thomas on Dec. 2, 2007 — four days after Sara Dixon was killed.

Under cross-examination, Thomas said little usable physical evidence was recovered from Sara Dixon’s home during the Nov. 30, 2007, search. Thomas also said it appeared that he and investigators failed to collect or catalogue a piece of tinsel found on the exterior doors that were kicked in during the break-in.

Impressions from two pairs of shoes left in the carpet, tracking from those doors to Sara Dixon’s bedroom, weren’t able to be preserved for evidence, Thomas said.

Thomas said it was possible a third party could have entered the home between Nov. 28 and Dec. 30, 2007, and covered Sara Dixon’s body with a blanket but not left extra impressions in the carpet.

The trial resumes at 9:30 a.m. Friday in the Alamance County Historic Courthouse.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/top....201812?page=2

AdamSmith
    Money-Revenge-Sex ... this murder was about the Money. This happens a lot.

In terms of ***********, the LEO instructors at the firearms classes I take have taught us that if a gang wants to get into your residence and take your stuff, they can, it's just a matter of having the right tools with them.

So you need a safe room that you can barricade yourself into, where you hopefully have a shotgun and a pistol that you can defend yourself with, while you call 9-1-1 for help.

Unfortunately few people are prepared as well as that.

The location of the victim's home was rural North Carolina. It would have taken the sheriffs a long time to get there for a 9-1-1 call. Thus the safe room, the shotgun, and the pistol become more critical to surviving an attack like this one.

I always think about *********** whenever I hear of a crime like this one.

I have a safe room, I have a shotgun that I can quickly load, and I have a pistol that is always loaded.
    Last edited by AdamSmith; 11-19-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Man gets life sentence for Alamance County murder

ALAMANCE COUNTY, N.C. — A jury recommended a life sentence without the possibility of parole Thursday for a man convicted of shooting and killing his 68-year-old stepmother.
    Alamance County District Attorney Pat Nadolski said that Robert Dixon was found guilty Friday of first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and first-degree burglary.
    Nadolski said Dixon received life without parole and two consecutive sentences for the conspiracy and burglary convictions.
    Authorities said Sara Dixon was found fatally shot at her home at 2033 McCray Road on Nov. 30, 2007.

http://myfox8.com/2013/11/21/man-get...county-murder/

Jurors in Alamance County murder trial hear details of 2007 homicide

Matthew Devon Fields

McClatchy Regional News

GRAHAM — Wednesday was a long day for jurors in a murder trial. who watched more than five hours of video interviews with a co-defendant in the case.

At one point — after watching that co-defendant, Thomas Clay Friday, spend more than 20 minutes picking his nails alone in a room between interviews — they asked the court to fast-forward through the dead time. The court agreed.

Those jurors will soon be asked to deliberate the case of Matthew Devon Fields, 26, the accused trigger-man in a murder-for-hire plot against 68-year-old Sara Dixon. Dixon was found shot to death in her home Nov. 30, 2007.

Fields claims Friday, 41, tied a gun to his hand and forced him into Dixon’s home the night of Nov. 27, 2007. Fields testified that Friday grabbed his hand at Dixon’s bedside and pulled the trigger twice during a scuffle.

Friday was called to the witness stand by Fields’ defense team Tuesday. He’s answered only a handful of questions since then. Instead, jurors have watched about eight hours of video interviews between Friday and Alamance County Sheriff’s Office investigators in July 2009, when he, Robert Dennis Dixon and Fields were charged with first-degree murder.

Friday pleaded guilty and is serving a life sentence. Dennis Dixon was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison in November. Fields is the final defendant in the case to stand trial.

IN VIDEO INTERVIEWS, Friday’s version of the murder evolved over the course of two days of interrogation. He initially said he wasn’t involved. Eventually, he tells investigators — including Chief Deputy Tim Britt and Sheriff Terry Johnson — that Dennis Dixon hired him and paid him around $3,500 of the $10,000 agreed on for the murder, and that he hired Fields to carry the plot out.

Fields, Friday told investigators, handled most of the dirty work at the scene: He kicked in Sara Dixon’s back door, he stormed into her bedroom, and he pulled the trigger at her bedside. Friday said he was at the foot of her bed when Fields fired the first shot and was out of the room when the second shot went off.

In a brief period of testimony Wednesday afternoon, Friday began reviewing his version of what happened.

Dennis Dixon wanted his stepmother dead because she’d placed his father in a nursing home after a stroke. Medical bills had piled up, forcing a third-party estate administrator to begin selling pieces of Cardwell Dixon’s property. Dennis Dixon wanted Friday to find someone to kill Sara Dixon for $10,000, Friday said.

WHEN THE VIDEOS ended Wednesday and questioning began, Friday wasn’t completely forthcoming. He refused to elaborate on why he decided to hire someone else to carry out the plan, theoretically cutting himself out of most of the $10,000. He said he promised Fields $8,000 and would keep $2,000 for himself.

“It was just my preference. You can ask me all day, but that’s just it. It was my preference,” Friday said.

Defense attorney Michael Driver then asked whether Friday chose Fields for particular reasons. Friday said he didn’t choose Fields because he is small, easily influenced or not very intelligent — all arguments Fields’ defense has made.

Friday testified that Fields is “rather intelligent” and “street-wise.”

At one point, he invoked his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself.

“How many people did you approach to carry out this murder?” Driver asked.

“I don’t feel I should have to answer that. … That could lead to a whole separate charge. I’m not going to sit here and put myself in a whole new possibility of charges,” Friday said.

Driver introduced Friday’s plea agreement, which required truthful testimony for the state in exchange for a life sentence, and asked Friday to read a portion of it.

“I’m not here to read. I’m here to answer questions,” Friday said. “You can read it, and I’ll tell you whether it’s accurate.”

Driver read it to the court.

http://www.news-record.com/news/juro...7a43b2370.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

One of three co-defendants in 2007 murder pleads guilty

Taking the witness stand after pleading guilty Thursday to the 2007 first-degree murder of a retired banker, one of three defendants in the case coolly described how easy it was to hire someone to kill Sara Dixon.

For a cut of the $10,000 offered by Robert Dennis Dixon, 47 -- Sara Dixon's stepson -- Thomas Clay Friday simply asked around.

"(Robert Dennis Dixon) said he wanted her taken care of. Eliminated," Friday, 39, said from the witness stand. "I contacted a few people seeing if they'd be willing to do it and I ran across somebody who was."

That person was Matthew Devon Fields, 23, the third co-defendant in the murder case, Friday said.

The night of Nov. 28, 2007, Friday and Fields drove to Sara Dixon's home at 2049 McCray Road, kicked in her door and Fields crept into her bedroom and shot her twice in the head, Friday testified. Friday never entered Sara Dixon's bedroom or had contact with her body, but remained in other parts of the home, he said, overturning furniture and scattering items inside to give the appearance of a robbery.

That, also, was Robert Dennis Dixon's wish, Friday testified.

Friday will be sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole in exchange for the plea. The state was seeking the death penalty against him. Robert Dennis Dixon and Matthew Fields still face capital punishment. Friday could be called to testify against them in their trials.

Friday entered into the fairly complicated plea agreement Thursday after Superior Court Judge Osmond Smith ruled statements Friday made about the murder to investigators on July 7 and July 8, 2009, could be admitted into evidence. Friday also led investigators on a tour of the crime scene on July 8. Hearings about those statements were held last week.

The plea allows Friday to appeal Smith's ruling on the statements. If the N.C. Court of Appeals were to overturn that ruling, Friday would be tried for first-degree murder and again face the death penalty. Also, statements he made in court on Thursday and any statements he might make in testimony against Fields and Robert Dennis Dixon during their trials won't be able to be used against him should he face trial.

Alamance County Assistant District Attorney Sean Boone said the trials of Robert Dennis Dixon and Fields have yet to be scheduled.

Friday, Fields and Robert Dennis Dixon were charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder in July 2009. Dixon is also charged with solicitation to commit a felony and is accused of hiring Friday and Fields to commit the murder. Fields is also charged with possession of a firearm by a felon.

DURING THE PLEA hearing, Friday said he understood the charges against him, had satisfactory legal counsel by defense attorneys Todd Smith and Thomas Johnson Jr., and admitted taking part in Dixon's murder.

"I didn't actually do the killing, no. I was involved in it," he told the judge Thursday.

Boone read a factual summary of the case, alleging that Robert Dennis Dixon began planning to have his stepmother killed in the spring of 2007. The family was having economic trouble after his father, Harvell Dixon, had to be placed in a fulltime nursing facility due to health issues.

Bills were mounting up and Sara Dixon was forced to sell pieces of Harvell Dixon's 41-acre estate, including two rental houses, to pay them. In November 2007, the family's attorney overseeing the estate advised them to sell the remainder of the property where Robert Dennis Dixon also lived.

Robert Dennis Dixon allegedly wanted Sara Dixon to care for his father at home and save money, Boone said.

He began dropping hints that he wanted Sara Dixon murdered in April 2007, and continued making comments to Friday throughout the year.

Friday testified that he and Robert Dennis Dixon knew each other through an engine repair business.

In November 2007, when Robert Dennis Dixon learned the family estate would be sold, he approached Friday again, offering $10,000, Friday said. Friday was to get about $2,000 of that to hire someone to kill Sara Dixon. Robert Dennis Dixon drew a map of the inside of Sara Dixon's home and instructed Friday how to carry out the murder, Friday said.

The night of Nov. 28, 2007, Friday and Fields parked Friday's truck away from Sara Dixon's house. When they returned to make their getaway, they discovered that the truck had broken down. Friday went next door to Robert Dennis Dixon's house, said it was "taken care of" and asked for a ride to Friday's Gibsonville residence to pick up a Chevrolet Suburban and trailer to pull the truck away.

The three men had left the scene by 1 a.m. Nov. 29, 2007, Boone said.

Sara Dixon's body was discovered Nov. 30, 2007. Robert Dennis Dixon allegedly paid Friday $2,000 in cash on Dec. 1 and another $1,500 about a week later, Friday said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,2117392.story

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information