Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman FOUND NOT GUILTY in 2012 FL Slaying of Trayvon Martin

Online auction halted for gun used to kill Trayvon Martin

SANFORD, Fla. — An online auction appears to have been halted for the pistol that former Florida neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman used to kill unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

The weapon was removed from the GunBroker.com website Thursday, minutes after the auction was to begin. It was not immediately clear why the website took down the listing.

Zimmerman had told Orlando, Florida, TV station WOFL that the pistol was returned to him by the U.S. Justice Department, which took it after he was acquitted in Martin’s 2012 shooting death.

The auction for the 9 mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol was to begin at 11 a.m. EDT Thursday and end 24 hours later. The website operators did not immediately respond to phone and email messages seeking comment.

The auction listing also said a portion of the proceeds would go toward fighting what Zimmerman calls violence by the Black Lives Matter movement against law enforcement officers, combatting anti-gun rhetoric of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and ending the career of state attorney Angela Corey, who led Zimmerman’s prosecution.

The listing ended with a Latin phrase that translates as “if you want peace, prepare for war.”

Zimmerman, now 32, has said he was defending himself when he shot and killed Martin, 17, in a gated community near Orlando. Martin, who lived in Miami with his mother, was visiting his father at the time.

Zimmerman, who identifies as Hispanic, was acquitted in Martin’s February 2012 shooting death. The case sparked protests and a national debate about race relations. The Justice Department later decided not to bring a civil rights case against Zimmerman.

Since then, Zimmerman has been charged with assault based on complaints from two girlfriends. Both women later refused to press charges and Zimmerman wasn’t prosecuted. His estranged wife, Shellie Zimmerman, also accused him of smashing her iPad during an argument days after she filed divorce papers. No charges were filed because of lack of evidence. They were divorced in January.

David S. Weinstein, a former state and federal prosecutor, said it appeared Zimmerman is within his rights to sell the gun through the GunBroker website. Although only licensed firearms dealers are permitted to sell guns across state lines, the auction site says it transfers weapons from sellers to buyers through licensed dealers.

“I can’t think of any legal reason why he can’t sell the gun,” Weinstein said.

Martin’s parents both declined to address Zimmerman’s actions in statements made through representatives.

Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said through an attorney that she would rather focus on her work with the Trayvon Martin Foundation than respond to “Zimmerman’s actions.”

Daryl Parks, whose firm represented the Martin family during the trial, is now chairman of Fulton’s foundation. He says Fulton is pushing for policies that protect youth and address gun violence.

Fulton also founded the Circle of Mothers conference, a three-day event to help mothers who have “lost children or family members” to gun violence. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will be the keynote speaker at the event in Fort Lauderdale starting May 20.

In the auction listing, Zimmerman also rationalized selling the gun because of strong interest from collectors including “The Smithsonian Museum in Washington DC.”

Smithsonian spokesman John Gibbons denied any interest.

“The Smithsonian has never expressed an interest in collecting this firearm and has no intention of collecting or displaying this firearm,” Gibbons said.

http://wfla.com/2016/05/12/george-zi...ampaign=buffer
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN RELISTS TRAYVON MARTIN DEATH GUN

George Zimmerman has relisted the gun used to kill Trayvon Martin ... less than 2 hours after it was yanked from its original auction site.

The Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm just went up at unitedgungroup.com -- the listing and starting bid of $5,000 remains the same.

A spokesperson for unitedgungroup.com says he got in touch with Zimmerman through a mutual friend once the initial listing was removed. He tells us unitedgungroup.com's stance on the controversial item is if it's legal, they have no objections and it "comes down to a moral decision for George to do what he wants with his property."

http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/12/george...tion-relisted/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ted75601 View Post
    Travon was a "wanna be" thug. George was/is an idiot. No "wanna be" for George. Good chance "wanna be" gangsters will end up dead - no surprise there. George continues to be an idiot - as some famous person said "can't fix stupid". End of story until George does something else stupid.
    the fact he tried to auction the gun proves you 100% spot on!

George Zimmerman found a place to auction the gun. Now getting trolled? Note bidder name & amount

https://twitter.com/EvanMillward

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Edited:

Status of George Zimmerman auction of Trayvon Martin gun unclear

SANFORD, Fla. - Plans by George Zimmerman to sell the gun used to shoot and kill Trayvon Marin appeared to be in limbo early Friday, reports CBS Orlando, Florida affiliate WKMG-TV.

Thursday night, a second auction website used to list the gun deleted a tweet saying it would remove the auction from the site.

WKMG found bidding for the gun topping $200,000 early Friday. CBS News found it to be exponentially higher than that, but names given for bidders were all but certainly fake, and times listed for the bids were for hours later than when CBS News was on the site. CBS News could not verify the authenticity of anything on the page.

The gun was set to be auctioned starting Thursday at 11 a.m. on GunBroker.com, but by 11:18 a.m., the website said the listing for Zimmerman's Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm weapon had been removed. GunBroker.com released a statement on its website Thursday afternoon that addressed the listing.

"Listings on the GunBroker.com web site are user-generated, exactly like social media posts. Mr. Zimmerman never contacted anyone at GunBroker.com prior to or after the listing was created and no one at GunBroker.com has any relationship with

Zimmerman," GunBroker.com wrote on its website. "Our site rules state that we reserve the right to reject listings at our sole discretion, and have done so with the Zimmerman listing. We want no part in the listing on our web site or in any of the publicity it is receiving."

At around 2:30 p.m. Thursday, UnitedGunGroup.com listed the same gun for auction, with the same starting bid price at $5,000, posted by someone with the username George Zimmerman. The site, which calls itself a "social market place for the firearms community, then apparently went down a few minutes later.

Thursday night, UnitedGunGroup.com posted this statement:

"As an organization, we stand by the rule of law and, while no laws have been broken, we do not feel like it is in the best interest of the organization to continue to host this sale on our platform," company officials said in a press release. "Our mission is to esteem the Second Amendment and provide a safe and secure platform for firearms enthusiasts and law-abiding citizens; our association with Mr. Zimmerman does not help us achieve that objective."

That online posting was later deleted. Todd Underwood, the founder of the group, later sent an email to CNN saying an official response would be released at 10 a.m. Friday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/status-o...n-gun-unclear/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Related

Prison inmate who beat, killed his cellmate sentenced to death

By Emma Kennedy
    The Pensacola News Journal

A Santa Rosa Correctional Institution inmate who viciously beat and killed his cellmate in an apparent racial attack was sentenced to death Monday.

Shawn Rogers, 37, will be placed on death row for the murder and kidnapping of Ricky Dean Martin in 2012.

Rogers, who is a black man, and Martin, a white man, shared a cell in the prison. When word of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin's death made it to the prison, Rogers carried out the racially motivated attack on Ricky Dean Martin that left him tied at the hands and feet, bruised, cut and in a coma that eventually killed him.

The court heard during Rogers' trial that blood was smeared on the cell's walls, and Rogers covered Martin's body with a prayer rug before guards arrived. Martin's face was covered with a pair of bloody boxer shorts.

A civil lawsuit filed by Martin's family against the prison further claims Martin had filed grievances in the days before his death, saying he feared for his life and wanted to be moved from Rogers' cell.

The same suit claims Rogers also raped Martin, though that claim was not presented by the state in Rogers' criminal case.

Circuit Judge John Simon read a portion of Rogers' sentencing document during court Monday, finding that the court agrees with the 12-person jury's unanimous death recommendation.

"Mindful that a human life is at stake ... the aggravating factors far outweigh the mitigating factors," Simon said during sentencing, adding that not only did Rogers murder Martin, but he humiliated him in the process.

Rogers remained stoic as Simon read the document, not making any gestures or saying anything to his attorney, Kenneth Brooks. Rogers will join 349 other Florida prisoners on death row.

Neither Brooks nor prosecutor Jack Schlechter made any motions or arguments before Simon handed down the sentence. Both sides were allowed to present mitigating and aggravating factors in the case at a separate hearing in November, during which Simon heard about Rogers' troubled past, with one doctor having called his upbringing a "perfect storm" for trouble.

At that same hearing, prosecutors pointed out Rogers had been functional to represent himself at trial, and was capable of premeditation because he voiced to others he would carry out an attack on a white person in the wake of Trayvon Martin's death.

In addition to the death sentence for the murder charge, Simon sentenced Rogers to life in prison for the kidnapping to inflict terror charge.

Simon told Rogers he is entitled to an appeals process and per state law his death sentence will be automatically reviewed by the Supreme Court.

The civil lawsuit is still ongoing in Federal Court.

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/...ath/960970001/

George Zimmerman charged with threatening private investigator

By CBS News

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. -- George Zimmerman, the Florida man acquitted in the death of Trayvon Martin, has been charged with misdemeanor stalking after allegedly threatening and harassing a private investigator last year, according to Seminole County officials.

He's accused of stalking the private investigator, Dennis Warren, in December 2017. According to a Seminole County Sheriff's report, Warren was hired by production company Cinemart Productions, which was producing a documentary about Martin's 2012 death, to track down people to participate in the documentary.

Warren said he left a voicemail for Zimmerman in September 2017 asking him to participate. He told police that was his only attempt to contact Zimmerman.

Warren and the documentary's producer both said they received threatening messages from Zimmerman, who was apparently upset because his family members had been contacted, according to the police report. Zimmerman allegedly texted the producer, "Help Mrs. Warren out and give him a heads up, I'm going to find him. And I'm bringing hell with me."

According to the report, Zimmerman also allegedly texted, "Dennis is a [expletive] who bothered my uncle in his home….local or former law enforcement officer he's well on his way to the inside of a gator as well. 10-4?"

Warren said Zimmerman began contacting him on Dec. 17, saying he received 21 phone calls, 38 text messages, and seven voicemails in a span of just over two hours. One of the voicemails allegedly said, "Answer your phone, [expletive]" and "I'll see you before you realize it."

Warren contacted the sheriff's office and said he was concerned for his safety, along with his family's.

When a deputy advised Warren to respond and ask Zimmerman to stop the communication or Warren would involve law enforcement, Zimmerman allegedly refused and continued the texts. Zimmerman allegedly texted a link to an article in which he was quoted as saying, "I know how to handle people who [expletive] with me, I have since February 2012" and "Anyone who [expletive] with my parents will be fed to an alligator."

The warrant says that Zimmerman yelled profanities at a Seminole County sergeant who called him on Jan. 3, berated her and said, "You have been involved with me since that Martin kid." Zimmerman then called the agency, according to the police report, and asked for further communication to be through his lawyer.

The affidavit said police found Zimmerman knew about Warren and his family's whereabouts and that "coupled with the direct references to do personal harm," Warren was afraid for his safety.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office submitted their report on the case to the state attorney's office on March 14, reports CBS affiliate WKMG.

Zimmerman was served with a summons on May 3 and was scheduled for an arraignment May 30.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-...-investigator/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Legend CharlesMartel's Avatar
    George Zimmerman, unemployed, $2.5M in debt, gets public defender in latest legal battle

By WFTV.com

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. - A judge in Seminole County, Florida, has granted George Zimmerman a public defender to represent him in his latest legal battle.

Zimmerman told the judge that he’s indigent, unemployed and has $2.5 million in debt and liabilities, according to court documents.

Zimmerman is facing a misdemeanor stalking charge that was filed by the Seminole County State Attorney’s Office earlier this month.

A sheriff's report said an investigator, Dennis Warren, contacted Zimmerman in September on behalf of Michael Gasparro, who is making a documentary on Trayvon Martin. The series is being produced by rapper Jay-Z.

Zimmerman allegedly told Gasparro, "Help Dennis out and give him a heads up. I'm going to find him. And I'm bringing hell with me."

He allegedly texted Gasparro and said, "Dennis is a (expletive) who bothered my uncle in his home. Local or former law officer, he's well on his way to the inside of a gator as well. 10-4?"

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said the indigent applications are rarely scrutinized by the court because they are done under oath.

“As long as you can show your liabilities outweigh your assets, you are maybe entitled to a public defender and you are maybe entitled to the cost of defense,” Sheaffer said.

Zimmerman is scheduled to be in court May 30.

Zimmerman was acquitted in 2013 of the 2012 shooting death of Martin, an unarmed teenager.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending-...ttle/755436978
    In the Shadow of Your Wings
    1 A Prayer of David. Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!

George Zimmerman gets 1 year probation after no contest plea

By Mike Schneider
    Associated Press

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — A Florida judge agreed to let former neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman serve probation for a year after his attorney entered a no contest plea Tuesday to resolve a misdemeanor charge of stalking a private investigator associated with a documentary on the black teenager Zimmerman killed.

Seminole County Judge Mark Herr admonished Zimmerman to understand that “words matter.” Under a no contest plea, a defendant doesn’t admit guilt, and a conviction is withheld if the conditions of the plea are met. Zimmerman wasn’t at the courthouse during the hearing.

“Please counsel him,” the judge told his attorney, Zahra Umansky. “Words do matter.”

The private investigator, Dennis Warren, said after the hearing that Zimmerman didn’t get the sentence he deserved but believed “we got the best we could.” He said he had hoped the case would have been handled as a felony rather than a misdemeanor.

The private investigator said he didn’t think Zimmerman could get through a year without violating his probation.

“He can’t stay away from trouble. He’s toxic,” Warren said.

Zimmerman was accused of sending threatening messages to Warren. The private investigator was hired by a documentary filmmaker who was working on a series on Trayvon Martin, the black teen who was fatally shot by Zimmerman in 2012.

Zimmerman, who identifies as Hispanic, was acquitted of all charges in the case, which raised questions about race and Florida’s “stand your ground” self-defense law. That law allows people to use force without retreating if they feel threatened. Critics say the law allows black men to be victimized by gun violence

The documentary was produced by rapper Jay-Z.

Reading a victim impact statement in court, Warren said Zimmerman made scores of harassing emails and telephone calls, threatening the private investigator and his family starting last December. The threats included details about his life that few people knew, such as where he was traveling and on what airline, said Warren, who got extra security for his house.

“The threats were for me to immediately stop what I was doing or he was going to harm me,” said Warren, who added he believed Zimmerman still had “a propensity for violence.”

When Warren started describing how he felt mistreated by Zimmerman’s attorney during a deposition, the judge stopped him after Umansky objected.

“I feel your pain, Mr. Warren ... Let’s keep it to Mr. Zimmerman, not counsel,” Herr said. “He is going to be watched and hopefully, it will never happen again. Hopefully.”

Under the terms of Tuesday’s agreement, Zimmerman has to report for probation by Thursday and can do it by telephone. He can have no contact with Warren and his wife for a decade.

Since Zimmerman’s 2013 acquittal in Martin’s fatal shooting, Zimmerman has had several run-ins with the law, including two cases of domestic aggravated assault that were later dropped.

The judge expressed hope that Zimmerman would avoid making future appearances at the Seminole County Courthouse.

“We would like to not have to see his name for a while,” Herr said.

https://apnews.com/2f82f61b65bc420fbd489e502e59eeec

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

George Zimmerman suing family of Trayvon Martin and others for $100 million: report

By Aris Folley
    The Hill

George Zimmerman, who rose to infamy after he fatally shot an unarmed Trayvon Martin in 2012 and was acquitted of the black teen’s death the following year, is filing a lawsuit against Martin’s family and others seeking millions in damages, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

According to the local paper, Larry Klayman, who is representing Zimmerman, confirmed the suit was filed in Polk County, Fla., on Wednesday. In the lawsuit, which seeks an excess of $100 million, Zimmerman reportedly takes aim specifically at Rachel Jeantel, a friend of Martin who was a witness in the trial that followed his death, calling her an “imposter and fake witness.”

His team claims in the suit that after Zimmerman fatally shot Martin in Sanford, Fla., in 2012, local police shut the case after determining Zimmerman killed Martin in self-defense the following the month.

However, the lawsuit reportedly alleges that the case was picked up again when Benjamin Crump, an attorney that represented Martin’s family, brought Jeantel onto the case as a witness “and provided false statements to incriminate Zimmerman based on coaching from others.”

Crump's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

Zimmerman’s lawyers reportedly claimed in the suit that Jeantel lied about being Martin’s girlfriend and being on the phone with him prior to his altercation with Zimmerman that led to his death. They also alleged that she “lied about her identity,” according to the paper.

"Defendant Jeantel lied repeatedly about having a relationship with Trayvon, about being on the phone with Trayvon in the days and minutes up to his death, and lied about everything she claimed to have heard over the phone in the hours and minutes prior to Trayvon’s death,” the lawyers reportedly said in the suit. “Defendant Jeantel also lied about her identity, falsely claiming her nickname to be 'Diamond Eugene.’ "

Zimmerman’s team is also reportedly suing Crump for defamation over his book, “Open Season: Legalized Genocide of Colored People,” as well as the publisher of the book, HarperCollins Publishers. In the suit, his lawyers reportedly claim the book’s title “creates the false implication that Plaintiff Zimmerman participated and participates in the genocide of colored people.”

The Hill’s request for comment to HarperCollins Publishers and Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin, were not immediately returned.

In the lawsuit, Zimmerman’s team also reportedly claimed that after the charges he suffered “great mental anguish, resulting in Zimmerman requiring professional treatment by psychologists for anxiety, depression, insomnia, and weight gain. Zimmerman was formally diagnosed with depression as well as PTSD and PTSS which he suffers from and remains in treatment for to this day.”

Zimmerman, 36, was a neighborhood watch leader in Sanford when he fatally shot Martin, who was 17, in 2012. Zimmerman has long maintained that he shot Martin, an unarmed black young man, in self-defense. However, at the time, Zimmerman had been instructed by a police dispatcher to not follow him.

Martin's death sparked a wave of protests across the nation over the treatment of black people in the country, and Zimmerman's acquittal in the shooting helped serve as a catalyst for the Black Lives Matter movement.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...and-others-for

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast

Thread Information