Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman FOUND NOT GUILTY in 2012 FL Slaying of Trayvon Martin

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    Actually in order for the facts to be made totally public, charges have to be made, otherwise if no charges were brought up, the information does not have to be made public....And to also be clear, i am not looking for Zimmerman to be found guilty of anything, all i want is the truth, because of what the media has done to this tragedy.....There are no winners here, Zimmerman's life will never be the same, and Trayvon life cannot be brought back....Lets just get the truth, so things like this can be avoided as best they can be.......

Passed away.
    Nope, not in Florida. The case documents would have eventually been made public, though not in the time frame demanded by Trayvon's supporters. Sunshine Laws.

If there is no trial, anything that is not presented does not have to be shared to the public, his ex-lawyers even stated that in their presser....They only have to release what has been presented......Anything that is not presented for all intense and purposes does not exist..... Now with charges, it is up to both sides to share their evidence, which can, and eventually be made public....

Senior Member Frequent Poster PATRICK5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKindExecutioner View Post
    Dude, you are delusional! An armed 28 year shooting and murdering an unarmed 17 year old need to be thoroughly and properly investigated and now it will be!

BREAKING NEWS on CNN: Zimmerman will be charged! That's a victory for justice and those on here who felt he should be charged!
    Dude, you haven't convicted him yet though I am sure you would like to lynch him without benefit for trial! No justice. Just politics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKindExecutioner View Post
    Dude, you are delusional! An armed 28 year shooting and murdering an unarmed 17 year old need to be thoroughly and properly investigated and now it will be!

BREAKING NEWS on CNN: Zimmerman will be charged! That's a victory for justice and those on here who felt he should be charged!
    Murdering? Sounds like you've already made up your mind. Sorry Folks, just jumping in, I haven't read any of this. I would probably just find it tedious. Just like the non-stop media coverage of this event.

I can perhaps seeing an "involuntary manslaughter" charge. However, if true, as reported, Zimmerman returned to his truck after 911 said "don't follow him" and choirboy followed him and said "you got a problem?", "No.", "You do now." and choirboy punches him in the face and bashes his head onto the sidewalk, I say no charges.

I say let the truth come out in court if charges are filed. The problem is, when following the law seems to be so driven by media coverage and politics.

That is why i am glad that it will have to be decided in the court room, if he is charged, so the truth can be decided in the court of law, and not by the media......If he is innocent of any wrong doing then so be it, if not so be it, but if it is decided by the courts and not the media, then everyone can debate the decision based on the courts decision, and not the media's kangaroo court......

2nd degree murder charge... Let's move on.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Senior Member Frequent Poster PATRICK5's Avatar
    I have seen bad prosecutions before, but never to this level. In her fawning over Crumb and the sweet sweet parents of Martin (puke) she may have shot her self in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    2nd degree murder charge... Let's move on.
    Personally from where i sit, i could see involuntary man slaughter, loss of gun license and 5 years probation.....but that is just going off the what i have read and heard so far......Oh yeah i forgot....Martins family will of course suit him.....

Quote Originally Posted by tpg View Post
    So, just so I am following you, for a shooting to be "thoroughly and properly" investigated, charges have to be issued against a defendant? I have thought all along that manslaughter might be a reasonable charge in this case...but it is despicable how the media has handled it.

BTW, I should not have to tell you this, but there is a clear legal difference between the term "murder" and "manslaughter".
    Even attys have said charges need to be brought when you have a murder like this then it is up to a judge/jury to determine if it is justifiable homicide or not. Now thankfully that will happen.

I could even see a case for 1st degree murder since the law says pre-meditation can occur in a split second! But in Florida you can get up to life for 2nd degree murder.

Don't forget that a 17 year old kid was killed here who will never get to experience adulthood!

Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread Information