Thread: What's the problem with Harris County, Texas?

What's the problem with Harris County, Texas?

I was just looking through some of the DR inmates in Texas and most all of the ones that have been there longest are all from Harris County. Whats the deal there and why does Harris County seem unable to schedule execution dates?

Senior Member Member nmiller855's Avatar
    Our DA is a joke. She is wishy washy at best. I currently have been waiting on a murder trial for a family member for almost 2 years. The prosecutor in our case has been noncommunicative almost the entire time. The trial is currently set for the end of May but it was reset over & over & may be again. We had all scheduled vacation for the last trial date we were given & found out about a week before that it wasn't going to happen. At this time, witnesses haven't been interviewed & subpoenas haven't been issued making us think maybe it will be rescheduled or only half-assed tried.
    I wish our case had taken place in one of the neighboring counties that were only about a mile away so the trial would have already taken place.
    There will be a big push to unseat her when she's up for reelection due to so many unsatisfied people in our county.
    I'm for lining them up & executing one a day until the line is empty & start filling it again but carrying out the sentences within 5 years. I'm tired of my tax dollars going to support these low lifes that should have been dead many years ago.

Junior Member Stranger
    Miller if you check the trail court sets date not the DA here in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by westernrvman View Post
    Miller if you check the trail court sets date not the DA here in Texas
    The DA still has to ask for execution dates. Trial court judges can't just set them sua sponte.

Junior Member Stranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    The DA still has to ask for execution dates. Trial court judges can't just set them sua sponte.
    Moh thank you for your response. I called and talked to the Chief of the county court of appeals (Collin). The DA is one of a few who may notify the trail court also TCCA and himself if need be. Also the judge may sat a date if he is aware all appeals are used up but that could open a whole can of worms. He can not say about Harris county but we have 4 or5 down there and all are on appeals of some sort or other on one he had to pull the date cause he asked for DNA testing. Again thank you I made these calls for my own knowledge and to pass on to you..
    Last edited by westernrvman; 05-07-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Thread Information