Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Unsub - new guy on the block

Quote Originally Posted by RobertH View Post
    Unsub, We have been discussing the DP in the US. But no-one ever looks at other countries such as Iran, Iraq, or other middle eastern countries where you can be executed not only for murder, rape, drug trafficking, but also being homosexual or being a member of the opposing political party. Your viewpoints?
    Without a doubt the us system is infinitely better than those . I can bring myself to understand to U.S. position on most cases (not all, i will never understand why Willingham was executed). In all honesty i think the Japan system might be slightly better but hardly worth mentioning. The Kenya system is probably the best i know ( A offender has to be executed within 3 years of sentencing else it becomes lwop) ( we are talking about dp systems so still not to hot about them ). But the rest of em are all horrible and demeaning to justice.

Edit: I actually i think i mentioned the way the dp will eventually end in the us. Within 20 years scotus will rule the decade long wait between sentencing and execution cruel and unusual punishment. Ill bet a bottle of good whiskey on that if any wants to take that bet! Kennedy is really close to it already i think. If Obama gets his second term and either Scalia or Kennedy drops dead it will be the end of the dp. ( I dont think this would be the right way to achieve my goal tbh. I prefer actual lawmakers make the changes )
    Last edited by Unsub; 04-18-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

Source: Debra Jean Milke - Arizona Death Row

She murdered her own child for 5,000 bucks. Rehabilitate that!
    I zoomed in on this line: She indicated that it would be better to have her son die than grow up like her husband. But this could be the thughugger in me that cant believe a mother would actually kill her own child and not be crazy . If she really did it for 5k bucks she prolly shouldnt be let back among the people. But i would at least let a shrink have a looksee.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsub View Post
    will rule the decade long wait between sentencing and execution cruel and unusual punishment.

I agree with this only this section of your statement, I do believe that the wait does amount to cruel and unusual punishment. But it is the court system that drags it out so long. I think it should the appeals should be completed in a more timely manner. If it they were, I think the DP would be a bigger deterrent, as is now, a person knows that it will take about 20 years before he gets to the execution chamber.

Senior Member Frequent Poster PATRICK5's Avatar
    Oh, please! The defense goal is to drag the appeals out as long as possible so I don't see how anyone can claim it is cruel. It's like the guy who murders his parents and demands mercy from the court because he is an orphan.
    Last edited by PATRICK5; 04-23-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Obama ate my dad

Junior Member Stranger allenlevi's Avatar
    It's a bit like being a fan from a sports team. The quality or state of having existence.

I saw a BBC documentary on youtube about the Science of executions. They came up with Nitrogen gas. Cheap as hell and completely painless. This method has been known for years. Does anyone know why this isnt investigated as possible execution technique?

Edit: Youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R18yDjc2lKE - In my opinion fairly neutral, so could be with anti undertones
    Last edited by Unsub; 04-30-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Added link

LI is painless and so is firing squad. Hanging, too. Not that the Constitution guarantees a painless execution. Most people will experience pain when they die. Yet, thuglovers are only concerned that their thugs have a painless death.

Nitrogen is just a ruse to delay executions since every little change in the procedure creates at minimum 10-15 years of litigation. I'm sick of hearing about it.
    Obama ate my dad

The fact that is is painless is obviously a big point for me. But it has benifits for the Pro side too. Nitrogen is readily available and very cheap. Lets say for arguments sake that the drugs run out. You give the prisoner the choice between Firing Squad and Nitrogen gas. The prisoner will go for nitrogen everytime. No need for litigation!

Oh, stop it. Your comment that it is a "big point for [you]" is BS since you are against CP. There is no benefit to switching and drugs are not going to run out.
    Obama ate my dad

You are always very hostile. Makes me sad.
    The CP will be around for awhile longer, nothing i can do about it. If people are going to be executed i can at the very least advocate a way where they will not experience any pain at all.
    I didnt say the drugs will run out, i say it is a possibilty. And as i understand it a real one. There are of course benefits for switching, if only to take away another argument for the anti's. Also no more searching for vains on druggies.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information