Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mexico Looking To Overturn Death Sentences Of Mexicans On US Death Row

Banned
    As far as I know, the only Mexican national on death row in the USA with a viable and reasonable claim of innocence is Cesar Roberto Fierro. The Skeptical Juror, notably, has written much about his case, as have many others.

References:

http://www.skepticaljuror.com/2011/1...-analysis.html

http://www.skepticaljuror.com/2011/1...death-row.html

stopexecutions.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/cesar-fierro-innocent-man-still-on-texas-death-row-gone-stark-raving-mad.html

www.cesarfierro.info/summary.htm

www.workers.org/2010/us/innocence_1028/ (article entitled 'Innocence Almost Impossible To Prove')

There are also many other references to Mr. Fierro's innocence if you look on Google or Yahoo.

Crime and Capital Punishment does not support innocence CLAIMS. The next time a user posts such claims that are not backed by actual court documents the poster will be banned from Crime and Capital Punishment indefinitely!
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Here´s the summary of a source you could/should trust.... (by request I´ll send you the whole text)

None of Fierros' issues on appeal provides grounds for reversing the denial of his petition for writ of habeas corpus. His conviction for murder in the course of committing robbery was constitutional. He has not established that his confession was coerced. There was sufficient evidence of the probability of future violence, and the admission of lay opinions regarding the probability of future violence was not unconstitutional. Finally, Fierro's claim that the jury was not permitted to consider all mitigating evidence is procedurally barred. Accordingly, the denial of the petition for writ of habeas corpus is

(Source: United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit. Aug. 14, 1989)
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

Banned
    I do not trust the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (especially the judges hailing from Texas that sit on it even though the court's headquarters is in New Orleans,Louisiana) as in my opinion it is notoriously biased (more so even than for instance the 11th Circuit or 4th Circuit) in favour of the death penalty,and also finality regarding appeals, sometimes at the expense of real justice.

The real problem in establishing innocence claims here,in my opinion, is the federal Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996,which limits habeas appeal too much.

The real problem with AEDPA is, inmates and certain federal appeals courts are guilty of “using federal habeas corpus review as a vehicle to second-guess the reasonable decisions of state courts.”

That is a direct quote from the United States Supreme Court.

In my opinion, it is proper the 4th, 5th, and 11th Circuit Courts of Appeal consistently rule within the guidelines of AEDPA.

I guess their lawful rulings put a damper your anti-death penalty agenda!

Banned
    Maybe, but a lawful ruling is not always a fair/just/reasonable/morally right ruling; please remeber this.

Quote Originally Posted by couldheshebeinnocent? View Post
    Maybe, but a lawful ruling is not always a fair/just/reasonable/morally right ruling; please remeber this.
    That by far is the most imbecilic statement you have posted on this site!

Perhaps we need another poll.....? As I can think of several other he/she'its worse statements. : P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    That by far is the most imbecilic statement you have posted on this site!
    No,Heidi,it is not,because a lawful ruling applies just statutory law to reasons for said ruling. But a few laws in the USA are regarded internationally as unfair and unjust. Please remove that insulting comment towards my opinion of the situation a.s.a.p.

Banned
    bambam02118, polls regarding CNCP opinion of site members are legally null and void and are therefore just a waste of time. We therefore do not need any more polls about site members!
    Last edited by PITA; 06-11-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Rephrasing of statement was needed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information