Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unabomber Ted Kaczynski

He was tried in California so I’m guessing the judge was an anti.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

'Unabomber' Ted Kaczynski transferred to federal medical facility

Kaczynski, 79, was moved to FMC Butner medical center in North Carolina

By Associated Press

The man known as the "Unabomber" has been transferred to a federal prison medical facility in North Carolina after spending the past two decades in a federal Supermax prison in Colorado for a series of bombings targeting scientists.

Theodore Kaczynski, 79, was moved to the U.S. Bureau of Prison's FMC Butner medical center in eastern North Carolina on Dec. 14, according to bureau spokesperson Donald Murphy. Murphy declined to disclose any details of Kaczynski's medical condition or the reason for his transfer.

Kaczynski is serving life without the possibility of parole following his 1996 arrest at the primitive cabin where Kaczynski was living in western Montana. He pleaded guilty to setting 16 explosions that killed three people and injured 23 others in various parts of the country between 1978 and 1995.

The Federal Medical Center Butner, in North Carolina’s Granville County just northeast of Durham, offers medical services for prisoners including oncology, surgery, neurodiagnostics and dialysis, according to the Bureau of Prisons. It opened an advanced care unit and a hospice unit in 2010.

FMC Butner has 771 inmates, according to the prison bureau, and has been home to some notable offenders. They include John Hinckley Jr., who was evaluated there after shooting President Ronald Reagan, and Bernard Madoff, the infamous architect of a massive Ponzi scheme who died at the North Carolina facility earlier this year.

The deadly homemade bombs that Kaczynski sent by mail — including an altitude-triggered explosion that went off as planned on an American Airlines flight — changed the way Americans sent packages and boarded airplanes.

The Harvard-trained mathematician had railed against the effects of advanced technology and led authorities on the nation’s longest and costliest manhunt. The FBI dubbed him the Unabomber because his early targets seemed to be universities and airlines.

He forced The Washington Post in September 1995 to publish his anti-technology manifesto, "Industrial Society and Its Future." The treatise led his brother David to recognize his writing and turn him in to the FBI.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ted-kaczy...dical-facility
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    I translated for the Italian public "Industrial Society and its Future" for a Florence publishing house, and the book will be available in Italian bookstores in just a few weeks (professionally, I am a cinematographic critic, but I started this secondary activity as a translator during the pandemics, and I like it very much; actually, Kaczynski's book is my first professional translation). Quite a coincidence.
    Last edited by Mastro Titta; 12-23-2021 at 04:25 PM.

It is a work every critical thinker should read.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Yeah, I agree. Right now, I'm translating "Becoming a Barbarian" by Jack Donovan for the same publishing house; interesting, and on many points of view agreeable, but I enjoyed far more Kaczynski's manifesto.

One of Kaczynski’s friends posted a letter Ted wrote him on Twitter. According to Kaczynski, he has terminal cancer and only two years left to live.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    A snapshot of the letter Bobsicles mentions:

Unabomber Ted Kaczynski found dead in prison cell

He was arrested in 1996 after a nearly 20-year bombing spree.

By Luke Barr and Meredith Deliso
    ABC News

Ted Kaczynski, known as the Unabomber, was found dead in his prison cell Saturday morning, according to a Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesperson. He was 81.

Kaczynski was previously in a maximum security facility in Colorado but was moved to a medical facility in North Carolina in December 2021 due to poor health.

Kaczynski, who went nearly 20 years without being captured, was considered America's most prolific bomber. His 16 bombs killed three people and injured two dozen others, the FBI said, until his arrest in 1996.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/unabomber-...ry?id=99984583

This is the cover of the Italian edition of "Industrial Society and its Future", which happened to be my first professional translation. Possibly, the translation I hold dearest. Simply mind-opening.

Kaczynski - Il Manifesto di Unabomber.jpg

While I don't approve of his actions, his writings were undeniably cogent.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information