Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenneth Wayne Thompson - Arizona

The DR inmates have jobs some I'm assuming they must be mixed in with other higher security inmates.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Arizona death row inmates used to be in 24/7 solitary but they got more privileges after they sued the state
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

At least someone on AZ death row was finally killed
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

I wonder if this will end up sending Arizona death row inmates back into 24-hour solitary confinement.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Arizona court upholds convictions, sentences of slain death-row inmate

The Arizona Supreme Court on Jan. 19 upheld the convictions and sentences of a death row inmate who himself was killed in his prison cell last month.

Criminal prosecutions normally stop upon a defendant’s death, but the state high court said it issued its decision on an appeal for Kenneth Wayne Thompson II even after his death "because resolution of many issues in this case would assist parties and courts in future cases."

Thompson, 38, was found dead at the Eyman prison complex in Florence last month.

Thompson, who lived in the Ozarks region of Missouri, was convicted in 2019 of using a hatchet and a knife to kill his sister-in-law, Penelope Edwards, and her boyfriend, Troy Dunn, in Yavapai County in 2012. He then poured acid on the bodies and set their house on fire.

Issues in his appeal included the basis for a search of his vehicle, how prospective jurors were questioned and constitutionality of Arizona’s first-degree felony murder law, which the justices upheld in their decision.

Thompson was convicted of 1st-degree premeditated murder and felony murder in both killings. He also was convicted of burglary and arson.

(source: Fox News)
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

It appears that he was murdered by DR inmates Pete Vanwinkle and Tracy Allen Hampton who both on have 1st Degree Murder logged on their infraction's sheets for 12/29/2021 which is the exact day that this murder occurred. They were both working in the building where Thompson was killed as well and removed off the detail the day of the murder. And both were reclassified to Close as for security risk meaning they can't be housed with any other inmates nor interact with any unsupervised.

Their verdict in this was guilty for both by their security officers so I assume at this point they are both being held in segregation until a decision will be made as to whether or not the state is going for death for both of them.

Both of these two inmates are members of the Aryan Brotherhood. Pretty much guaranteed this was gang related.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information