Thread: Brandon Scott Lavergne Sentenced to 2 Life Terms in 1999 and 2012 Slayings of Lisa Pate and Mickey Shunick’

deathpenalty4

Brandon Scott Lavergne Sentenced to 2 Life Terms in 1999 and 2012 Slayings of Lisa Pate and Mickey Shunick’

Missing Mickey Shunick? Abduction ... Murder?

It is day 14 or 15 in the search for this girl. Is she dead or is someone keeping her captive? Was this done by a serial killer who likes blondes that are short and barely weigh anything? Need Answers
    Last edited by deathpenalty4; 06-01-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Incorect Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by deathpenalty4 View Post
    It is day 14 or 15 in the search for this girl. Is she dead or is someone keeping her captive? Was this done by a serial killer who likes blondes that are short and barely weigh anything? Need Answers
    I don't know deathpenalty4. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just looked and here is an article on Mickey Shunick.

Mickey Shunick and Lauren Spierer Cases Share Striking Similarities

AP

The disappearances of students Mickey Shunick and Lauren Spierer share a number of eerie similarities. Both women are petite, blonde college students who disappeared almost exactly a year apart after a night out with friends.

But while the parallels between the cases have fueled speculation as to whether they could be connected, authorities said they have no indications at the moment that the comparisons are more than coincidental.

Shunick, 22, disappeared while bicycling home from a friend's house early at around 2 a.m. on May 19 in Lafayette, La. She is a student at the University of Louisiana. Shunick is described as 5 feet 1 inch tall and 115 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes.

Spierer, 21, vanished on June 3, 2011, after a night out with friends in Bloomington, Ind. The petite blonde Indiana University student is 4 feet 11 inches and weighs less than 100 pounds. She also has blonde hair and blue eyes.

A white truck seen in surveillance footage from both cases initially seemed to pull the cases closer.

A white truck was spotted on surveillance tape in the area where Spierer disappeared on the night she was last seen. While footage initially seemed to show the truck circling the block, it was later determined that a time discrepancy between tapes had shown the same footage twice. Authorities did not believe the truck was related to Spierer's disappearance.

In Shunick's case, authorities are searching for three vehicles that were in the area where she was last spotted. A Lafayette woman told ABC News' Lafayette affiliate KATC that she was approached two months ago by the vehicle while riding her bike and the driver, a middle-aged white man, offered her a ride and then asked her to have sex with him for money.

"We were in touch with investigators up there [in Indiana] and we do understand there are some similarities," Cpl. Paul Mouton of the Lafayette Police Department told ABCNews.com today. "Right now, we don't believe there are connections between the two, but we're not ruling anything out in our aspect of the investigation."

The Bloomington Police Department said that, from their perspective, "there is nothing to discuss."

"Any speculation about a 'connection' has been manufactured by the media and not by us," Capt. Joe Qualters of the Bloomington Police Department told ABCNews.com in an email.

Qualters said the Bloomington police simply made an "inquiry" about Shunick's case because it seemed the "appropriate thing to do." Sunday will mark one year since Spierer disappeared. Police have not named any suspects or persons of interest.

The search for Shunick continued today with police following up on "hundreds" of tips and private search group Texas EquuSearch conducting a grid search of the city and surrounding areas. EquuSearch also participated in the search for Spierer.

A break in the Shunick case same Sunday morning when her bicycle was found by two fishermen under a bridge, more than 27 miles from where she left her friend's home.

The discovery came two days after investigators said they found surveillance video showing Shunick on a bicycle the night she disappeared, and they are trying to track down information about a white pickup truck seen on the same video as well as two other cars seen in the area.

"I think a lot of different things could have happened--someone made a mistake, hit her, picked her up or something and then they freaked out and have her somewhere," Shunick's sister Charlene Shunick told KATC. Charlene Shunick said she is "really excited" about the recovery of the bike because it means her sister is "still somewhere out there."

"We didn't get the bad feeling in the pit of our stomachs like, 'Oh my God, this is terrible,'" she said. "It was more like, 'Oh my God, finally we found something of Mickey's.' And we realized that someone definitely took her and this was planned out...whoever has her is thinking about these things."

Shunick's father Tom Shunick told KATC his new life is dedicated to finding his daughter.

"Everyday life ended nine or 10 days ago," he said. "Now all we do is we get up every day and hope to hear a phone call about something...I'm helpless."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shun...2#.T8kEI8WOzQI
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

If you don't mind me asking deathpenalty4, do you have a special interest in this case?

deathpenalty4
    I do ... I live in the same city... The girl and i have mutual friends...i would like answers if anyone is familiar with these type of cases.... Ignorance in louisiana leads me to belie
    Ve that no justice will be done for her. Texas equasearch has left the state bcz of no new leads ...police are ending the tip lines also...... Just feel lost for her!

Have some faith, generally justice prevails. Mickey's case has caught national attention.

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    August 17, 2012

Brandon Lavergne pleads guilty to murdering Michaela "Mickey" Shunick and Lisa Pate

CBS/AP

LAFAYETTE, La. - Brandon Scott Lavergne has pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder in the slayings of two Louisiana women, Michaela "Mickey" Shunick of Lafayette, and Lisa Pate of Youngsville.

According to CBS affiliate KLFY, the 33-year-old Lavergne pleaded guilty in court Friday as part of a plea deal that will allow him to avoid the death penalty and instead serve life in prison.

A grand jury indicted Lavergne July 18 on two counts of first-degree murder in Shunick's disappearance and in the July 1999 death of Lisa Pate of Youngsville. Pate's body was found in Acadia Parish.

Shunick's body was found Aug. 7 buried near some grave sites in a small cemetery off La. Highway 10 in the Evangeline Parish near Mamou.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brandon...and-lisa-pate/

October 25, 2018

Convicted murder Brandon Scott Lavergne disciplined often in jail

By KATC News

Brandon Scott Lavergne, the man who admitted to killing two Lafayette women, was placed on lockdown earlier this month after an attempted escape from Angola.

To read that story, click here.

KATC Investigates obtained Lavergne’s discipline records from Angola that show this isn’t the first time he’s been disciplined. He’s accused of repeatedly trying to contact three different families, including at least one of the victim’s family members after being told not to. After being warned, he reportedly tried to go around the system and sent letters to his own family members to give to the people he wasn’t supposed to contact; one time he sent a letter and signed a fake offender’s name on the envelope.

In August, Lavergne was moved to a different camp at Angola after a guard found a cell phone hidden in a book with the pages cut out, a report indicates.

In December 2012, he was sent to Camp J – a notorious facility at Angola were inmates were placed in solitary confinement – for having a make-shift key that was made from of a battery.

Lavergne is serving two life sentences for Mickey Shunick’s murder and the 1999 murder of Lisa Pate, another Lafayette woman. Acting as his own attorney, he has filed dozens of writs, trying to get his sentences overturned. They’ve all been rejected; the most recent rejection came from the state Supreme Court earlier this month.

https://www.katc.com/news/around-aca...often-in-jail/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information