Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Indonesia

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_con View Post
    Sounds like racism against Europeans to me
    And we should be surprised why?

Senior Member Member
    I'm not a big fan of political correctness, but being upset at peoples who literally fought wars so they could keep several generations of your own people addicted doesn't sound like racism to me: it sounds like a long memory.

Indonesia is so busy executing people for non-violent drug crimes, they forgot about Very Idham Henyansyah
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

They haven't executed anyone in four years.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

2015 I believe that last executions by firing squad. We had X-Night Chat here on that very night.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Frenchman facing death in Indonesia for molesting hundreds of kids

A French retiree could face the death penalty in Indonesia on charges that he molested over 300 children and beat those who refused to have sex with him, authorities said Thursday.

Police said they nabbed Francois Camille Abello, 65, last month at a hotel in Indonesia's capital Jakarta, where they found two underaged girls in his room.

Abello could face life in prison or even execution by firing squad if he is convicted on a raft of charges under Indonesia's child protection laws, including accusations that he filmed the illicit encounters.

Police said they had found videos on Abello's laptop computer that showed him engaging in illegal sex acts with hundreds of children aged between 10 and 17.

The pensioner had entered the Southeast Asian nation on a tourist visa several times over the past five years, according to police.

"He would approach children and lure them by offering them work as models," Jakarta police chief Nana Sudjana told reporters Thursday.

"The ones who agreed to have sex with him would get paid between 250,000 and one million rupiah ($17-70). Those who didn't want to have sex would be beaten, slapped and kicked by the suspect," he added.

Police said they believed Abello had been molesting Indonesian children for years and that there may be more victims.

As many as 70,000 children are victims of sexual exploitation annually in Indonesia, according to global anti-trafficking network ECPAT International.

American fugitive Russ Medlin, wanted at home in connection with a $700 million cryptocurrency scam, was arrested in Jakarta last month on allegations he paid underaged girls to have sex with him. -- Agence France-Presse

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...of-kids/story/
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Frenchman Accused of Molesting Children in Indonesia Kills Himself

A 65 year-old retired Frenchman accused of molesting hundreds of street children in Indonesia has died in a suspected suicide, Jakarta police report.

Francois Camille Abello, 65, was found unresponsive in his cell at a detention centre in Jakarta. According to the BBC, the Frenchman was pronounced dead on Sunday night.

The Frenchman was arrested last month at a Jakarta hotel. Police said he was in a room with two underage girls.

Videos were found on Mr Abello’s computer that showed him engaging in illegal acts with more than 300 children aged between 10 and 17.

Umar Shahab, an official at the National Police Hospital in Jakarta, said that Abello had sustained a neck fracture that blocked his oxygen supply.

Police reported that guards at the detention centre had been questioned. Furthermore his cell was examined as part of an investigation into the death.

According to police, Mr Abello was believed to have targeted street children. Luring them with offers of money to photograph them in his hotel room before making sexual advances. Those who refused were beaten, the police said.

He was facing life in prison, chemical castration, or possibly execution, if convicted.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thail...kills-himself/
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Chinese drug trafficker on death row in Indonesia escapes from prison through sewers

Reuters

A Chinese drug trafficker under a death sentence escaped from jail on the outskirts of Indonesia’s capital Jakarta by tunnelling through the sewage system, police said on Monday.

Cai Changpan, 37, who was convicted of methamphetamine smuggling, dug a hole from his cell at the prison in the Tangerang area into waste pipes and on to a road outside, Jakarta police spokesman Yusri Yunus told reporters.

According to a cell mate, he had planned the September 14 escape for five to six months using tools from a construction project in the prison kitchen, Yunus said.

Indonesia Directorate General of Prisons spokeswoman Rika Aprianti told media the trafficker, who also uses the name Cai Ji Fan, had timed his escape to the changing of the guards.

According to Indonesian news website detik.com, he was sentenced to death in 2017 for trafficking 135kg (298lb) of crystal methamphetamine.

A police investigation found 70kg (154lb) of meth hidden in chicken coop cleaner equipment.

Cai had previously broken out of a Jakarta police detention centre in 2017 by breaking a hole in a bathroom wall. No lawyer or representative for Cai was immediately reachable for comment.

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south...escapes-prison
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Very “Shawshank Redemption”!

New Indonesian Attorney General insists on resumption of executions after an unofficial moratorium

Attorney General Sanitiar Burhanuddin believes the death penalty applies to all whose death sentences are at the end of the line. The end of the line means one thing, knowing that a firing squad will take position at some point to execute prisoners strapped to a wooden post with a target placed over the heart. The prisoners are told hours before their imminent execution.

Prisoners on death row named Mary Jane Veloso and Lindsay Sandiford are expecting their upcoming executions.

AG Burhanuddin is insistent that executions will occur without incident. Joko Widodo, the Indonesian President, agrees with Burhanuddin to resume executions. No execution date has been set for those on death row. It has been five years since four individuals faced a firing squad. Four others were reprieved throughout the execution.

(Source: smh.com.au)
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread Information