Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Kansas...

Junior Member Stranger Blue Umbrella's Avatar

Greetings from Kansas...

What a fascinating board this is! I've been reading for several weeks and just began posting today. I am a 41-year-old lifelong resident of Kansas who has unfortunately been on the wrong side of the law in the past. While I never spent time in prison, I did a number of mostly small stretches in various county jails. It FINALLY hit me a few years ago what a horrendous example I was setting for my children. From that point forward, I began the long process to redemption, not just as a father, but as a person. It is understandably difficult to regain the trust of people when you have given them years of reasons to never believe you. I realized the only way to let people know I have changed is through my actions. It's an agonizingly slow process, but I'm slowly changing minds, even if it's just one at a time.

Since I've "gone clean", I have become a staunch advocate of victims rights. I consider myself a supporter of the death penalty, but because of my faith, I fully admit that I sometimes struggle with that. I sometimes feel that I should never support the killing of another human being, but I do (under certain circumstances). I justify it to myself by looking at it through the eyes of the victim(s) and their families and by looking at the horrific crime(s) that got them the death sentence. At any rate, while I do support CP, there are several cases of people on death row in the U.S. in which I do not believe the death penalty is justified. I can already see some possible future debates with some of these!

Obviously a lot of time and hard work has gone into this site, and it is almost endlessly fascinating. I hope to be an effective contributor on some level, and I look forward to engaging in discussion with all of you.

All the best,
    -Blue
    “Realists do not fear the results of their study.” -Fyodor Dostoevsky

Welcome to the site Blue.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Passed away.
    Welcome Blue Umbrella!

Well, at least in Kansas all of those on DR really deserve it.

The only one I have reservations about is Justin Thurber. As for the others on DR in Kansas, I couldn't agree more with you. Unfortunately, nothing even seems to be on the horizon in terms of executing any of these guys.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Welcome to the site Blue.
    Thank you. I can already tell this site is going to be hazardous to my sleep...

Passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Umbrella View Post
    The only one I have reservations about is Justin Thurber. As for the others on DR in Kansas, I couldn't agree more with you. Unfortunately, nothing even seems to be on the horizon in terms of executing any of these guys.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!
    Well, I am from Sumner County and followed that case pretty closely. If you have any concerns about it feel free to air them in his thread.

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...hlight=thurber

And nope, as far as I know they still have not answered the Carr Brothers 300 some-odd-page appeal.

Edit to add. Jonathan's appeal was around 359 pages. Sigh.

Welcome to the site Blue. Many thanks for your interesting introduction and my very best wishes for you on your way.

I´m sure it´ll be interesting when yuo´ll share your views.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

Welcome to the site Blue. It is pretty amazing, all the work that goes into it. I wish you well in your journey.

The Cowley College student was abducted, raped and strangled, her body found several days after her disappearance in a wildlife area near Arkansas City, where Thurber lives.

jodi-sanderholm12.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffects; 07-03-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Welcome to the site! Out of curiosity, what's your reservations about the Thurber case?

Welcome to the site Blue. Glad Kansas is a DP state again.

When will those 2 who committed the Witchita Massacre get their just due?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information