Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: David Neal Cox, Sr. - Mississippi Execution - November 17, 2021

They’re still in a lawsuit over them Ryan.

This date was probably set in order to get the lawsuit moving since Cox isn't in it. The inmates will sue to prevent this from occurring. Just an admin date really.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    He wants to be executed thats why he got a date.

Last time we had a double execution was May 16, 2019 with Michael Samra and Donnie Johnson
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

I just read that the MDOC has confirmed that they have the drugs to execute Cox
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

The litigation over the drugs hasn’t even been solved yet as evident by Wilso’s Post in early August this is the 6th state this year thats pandering with their pathetic “restart” attempt.

Vultures can't even let this man die in peace

Man set to be executed wants attorneys to stop appealing to save his life

JACKSON • A Pontotoc County man set to be executed next month said his former attorneys are acting without his permission, and he wants them sanctioned.

Last week, the Mississippi Supreme Court set the execution of David Neal Cox, 50, for Nov. 17 at 6 p.m. In the same order, the high court allowed Cox to waive all future appeals but dismissed his request to fire his attorneys.

Cox said the next day the state-appointed Capital Post-Conviction Counsels (CPCC) Humphreys McGee, Treasure Tyson and Krissy Noble contacted him and said they were continuing his appeals.

In a handwritten letter, Cox said the three attorneys were going to appeal his case to the U.S. Supreme Court against his will and try to reverse the Mississippi Supreme Court's Oct. 21 order.

"If post-conviction files anything, I want them all disbarred from ever again practicing law in any state or country — foreign or domestic," Cox wrote.

According to Cox, the attorneys also told him they planned to file suit against the method of execution, lethal injection, in a bid to stop the execution.

"I told all of post-conviction counsels that if they try and file any further filings on my behalf, I'll do my damnest to have them all disbarred," Cox wrote. "They told me they do not have to do what I say."

Mississippi Supreme Court Chief Justice Michael Randolph does not agree with that assessment. In the Oct. 21 order, Randolph allowed the CPCC to remain but with limited authority and powers.

"CPCC shall remain in an advisory role," Randolph wrote. "CPCC lacks standing to proceed on Cox's behalf and pursue further hearing in contravention of Cox's decision."

The state has not executed anyone in almost a decade. Gary Carl Simmons Jr. died by lethal injection June 20, 2012 for the murder and dismemberment of Jeffery Wolfe over a drug debt.

Cox, who has been on Mississippi's death row for the last nine years, petitioned the state earlier this year to waive all future appeals and ask the state to execute him.

In April, Third Circuit Court Judge Kent Smith ruled that Cox was "competent to terminate litigation and waive all appeals" and that his request was "knowingly and voluntarily given." The supreme court affirmed the decision last week and set the execution date.

In 2012, Cox pleaded guilty to capital murder for the May 2010 fatal shooting of his wife, Kim Kirk Cox, and was sentenced to death. Cox also received another 185 years for seven other felonies, ranging from kidnapping to sexual assault to shooting into an occupied dwelling.

https://www.djournal.com/news/crime-...6c6e7e443.html
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    One of the main things I got out of ethics in law school is that the client controls the objectives of his representation. If they think he is incompetent, they should apply for a court to appoint a guardian ad litem on his behalf. Otherwise, what they're doing is flagrantly unethical and sanctionable.

Unfortunately, courts seem to be terrified to sanction criminal defense lawyers and capital defense lawyers especially for professional misconduct unrelated to client funds.

Sadly it's common for volunteers' attorneys to try and interfere. They should let him die in peace, and find a willing cash cow.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information