Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thomas Ford McCoy - Florida

In today's orders, the United States Supreme Court declined to review McCoy's petition for certiorari.

Lower Ct: Supreme Court of Florida
    Case Nos.: (SC12-676)
    Decision Date: December 19, 2013
    Rehearing Denied: February 27, 2014
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Man sentenced to death again in murder case

By WMBB News

OKALOOSA COUNTY (WMBB) — A man previously convicted and sentenced to death in 2009 who then had his sentence vacated is now, once again, sentenced to death.

Thomas McCoy pled guilty to first-degree murder in the death of Curtis Brown. The 2009 death penalty sentence was not unanimous.

Curtis Brown was a service technician employed by Coca-Cola and was lured by the defendant to Northwest Florida State College for a service call. Upon responding, the defendant shot Brown six times.

Back in 2016, The Florida Supreme Court deemed it unconstitutional for a person to be sentenced to death if the jury was not unanimous. However, the court has since reversed that decision.

That decision led Judge Kelvin Wells to reverse his previous decision on the death penalty.

https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/cri...n-murder-case/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    This guy was re-sentenced to death in 2020, and now again re-re-sentenced to life not even two years later. Capital punishment is quite messed up in Florida, and that's unbelievable, given how conservative Florida is.

You can blame Timothy Hurst, SCOTUS and the FSC for the mess.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    He was sentenced to death by a non-unanimous jury, and this death sentence was vacated because of Hurst. Then, he was re-sentenced to death in 2020 by a unanimous jury. Why now again back to life? What happened?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information