Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has built a reputation on being an outspoken jurist who isn't afraid to quickly attack any dissenters.

Just take a look at an interview Nino did last week with Charlie Rose(emphasis ours).

He and Rose were discussing Scalia's newest book, an all-encompassing guide about how to interpret the laws based only on what they meant when they were adopted, free of any modern interpretations.

When asked about the book, Scalia said the tome "says what a judge or a lawyer interpreting a text ought to do."

"As you see it?" Rose asked. "There's difference on this.You recognize that?"

"I do, I do," a chuckling Scalia said. "But I also recognize that there is right and wrong."

The rest of the interview focused on Scalia defending his views that even though the world has changed dramatically since the Constitution was written, we should still interpret it the way the Founders originally intended.

That logic applies to evolving views on issues like gay marriage and the death penalty debate, which Scalia has previously called "laughable."

Scalia noted that "society's mores have changed, and what used to be thought not to be cruel and unusual now is thought to be cruel and unusual," he said, referring to the death penalty.

But issuing court decisions that reflect modern ideals on issues like the death penalty is "not applying the text that the people ratified," Scalia said.

Unfortunately we can't embed the interview, but it available on Rose's website.

The interview is nearly an hour long, but the classic Scalia outburst starts at the 3:20 mark.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/justi...#ixzz2DpsKUrM1