Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Isiah Otis Wilmont McCoy - Delaware

Fiery outbursts get death row exoneree dragged out of Honolulu courtroom

By Lynn Kawan
    Hawaii News Now

Former death row inmate Isaiah McCoy had to be dragged out of court Thursday afternoon by a sheriff’s deputy during his bail revocation hearing.

McCoy was arrested Monday at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport after trying to get through security without proper identification.

McCoy was out on bail awaiting trial for second-degree robbery. He is accused of holding up two people in Waikiki this summer.

During the Thursday hearing, McCoy heatedly argued that he wasn’t trying to flee the state. He said he notified his bail bondsman ahead of time that he was heading to the mainland for 10 days.

The bail bondsman took the stand and admitted that he received a text from McCoy indicating his flight plans, but the bail bondsman didn’t advise him against it.

State law requires those on bail to notify the court.

Circuit Court Judge Todd Eddins gave McCoy several warnings after he raised his voice during proceedings and made questionable statements.

Eddins said he would allow McCoy more time to gather more evidence before ruling, but McCoy was not satisfied with that because it meant he’d be held without bail until the next hearing.

“Dude, make your ruling and I’m going to fight it," McCoy yelled at the judge.

"I’m not new to this! I’m a revolutionary!”

McCoy beat a murder conviction on the mainland, exonerating him from Delaware’s death row. He also beat human trafficking charges last year in Hawaii federal court.

The judge warned McCoy several times about his outbursts. The final one came when he claimed racism.

“Remove Mr. McCoy," the judge told a deputy sheriff, who had to pull McCoy to the waiting area where he continued to yell through the door.

"Power to the people,” he said and then yelled, “You’re a racist, you’re a racist.”

His trial is scheduled for next month. He’ll remain in OCCC until then.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/1...out-courtroom/
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Well this should be entertaining. He has chosen to represent himself in his upcoming robbery trial.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/...0dbb8e9f6c6e20
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This scumbag keeps getting lucky. Not only does he get away with murder he escapes charges of forcing women into sexual slavery.

Cases like this makes me wish we had the sharia court system.
    Whether he got away with or was falsely convicted of the murder that put him on DR is between him and God, at this point. What I wanna know is, why does he keep doing this? I don’t generally like to assume, but it’s pretty clear to me (based on his pre-DR convictions) he was about that life before he was accused and convicted of murder and and all that is whatever, it’s the past, at this point. What strikes me is that, whether he did it or not, he seems to have learned nothing from his time on DR, on where that kinda life can and did land him. I mean, he literally almost paid with his life, you’d think that would be a wake-up call, right? But apparently not for Isiah McCoy. It’s so strange. Most people who choose to live that kinda life are very young when they start out and many don’t feel like they have better options to make better money and maybe that was the case for McCoy when he was younger, but it didn’t have to be now. After his exoneration, he coulda easily made a life/career out of speaking engagements on his false conviction or wrote a book about his experience and time on death row, something. I’ve read he’s a good public speaker, well-spoken and engaging. But it’s like doing the wrong thing is the only way of life he knows.
    Last edited by Opinions; 11-11-2020 at 05:47 AM.

This is a nice photo of him being arrested in Sept. 19'

"I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    This is a nice photo of him being arrested in Sept. 19'
    This is me when I’m napping
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Ex-Delaware death row inmate found guilty of Hawaii robbery

HONOLULU (AP) — A jury in Hawaii convicted a former death row inmate from Delaware of robbery, more than two years after U.S. prosecutors dropped sex trafficking charges against him.

The jury found Isaiah McCoy, 31, guilty Monday of second-degree robbery in a 2019 robbery in Waikiki. McCoy and an accomplice beat a man and stole his watch outside a bar, Honolulu prosecutors said

“This verdict sends a strong message that crimes like the one committed by McCoy will not be tolerated in Honolulu,” Prosecuting Attorney Steve Alm said. He added that his office will seek the maximum 10-year prison term when McCoy is sentenced in July.

McCoy walked out of Honolulu's federal courthouse a free man in 2018 after U.S. prosecutors dropped a 10-count sex trafficking indictment against him because a federal agent admitted that he had withheld evidence and lied. McCoy represented himself in the case.

McCoy was convicted and sentenced to death in 2012. But Delaware’s Supreme Court ordered a new trial, citing errors by the judge and prosecutor at trial. A judge found him not guilty at a retrial.

Less than a year after his release from death row, he was arrested and charged with sex trafficking. Prosecutors alleged he forced, threatened and coerced young women into prostitution in Hawaii.

While awaiting trial, McCoy told The Associated Press at the Honolulu Federal Detention Center that he moved to Hawaii after he was invited to speak at a criminal justice reform rally.

A federal judge last year dismissed most claims in McCoy's lawsuit that claimed he was wrongfully and maliciously investigated, prosecuted and incarcerated for the murder of 30-year-old James Mumford.

https://www.westport-news.com/news/a...f-16150953.php
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Ex-death row inmate who beat prostitution charges is again the suspect in a sex crime

Hawaii News Now

A former death row inmate who later beat federal prostitution and trafficking charges is once again being accused of a sex crime.

This time, he’s accused of an assault behind bars.

Law enforcement sources confirm Isaiah McCoy is suspected of raping another inmate at Halawa Correctional Facility over the weekend. The alleged sex assault happened Sunday morning.

HNN was told evidence was collected by investigators.

Sources say the victim was in his cell when the accused gangster is said to have walked in with two other men who then left. That’s when McCoy allegedly attacked the inmate.

“I can’t imagine the fear that people feel,” said Kat Brady, coordinator of Community Alliance on Prisons. She’s questioning why McCoy would be housed with other prisoners.

“Common sense would say you separate predators from the general population,” she said.

The former death row inmate moved to Hawaii in 2017 after a judge overturned his murder conviction. That same year McCoy was arrested again during an HPD raid in connection with a murder in Waikiki.

In 2018, he was busted for allegedly running a prostitution ring, but he beat those charges after a judge ruled federal authorities withheld evidence. McCoy was also linked to a pair of robberies, including the one that sent him to prison. He is currently serving a 10-year sentence.

Prison officials wouldn’t confirm McCoy is the suspect but said a Prison Rape Elimination Claim was filed by an inmate who said he had been assaulted.

A spokesperson added “an alleged perpetrator was removed from the housing unit and placed in segregation” and that the alleged victim was “immediately taken to a sex abuse treatment center for evaluation.”

Brady said authorities need to act swiftly to address the case.

“This is so traumatic and so violent that there needs to be some aftercare not just for the person who was assaulted but to everyone else who lives in that situation,” she said.

A criminal complaint was filed with Honolulu police. Prison officials confirm an internal investigation is also underway.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/0...ect-sex-crime/
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information