Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Scott Execution Warrant Discussion

Governor Scott Execution Warrant Discussion

No Governor for Florida will sign off on an astronomical amount of death warrants for death row inmates because the executions will only be stayed by the Florida Supreme Court for further review before the sentences are finalized and carried out. Two death warrants at a time until both executions are carried out seems to have worked well in the past under previous Governors. The pace in which Governor Scott is moving right now seems to be working fine, although there would be no harm in signing off on a 2nd warrant doing two at a time (making this 2 executions per month).. That would be 24 executions per year but we know that will never happen.. The FSC is very hesitant about just letting executions proceed in Florida. Numerous times they have stayed past executions just to review meritless claims

How about signing two warrants, see if that works and, if so, then sign three warrants, see if that works, and so on?

How would you choose who gets executed first? Would it be by length of time on death row, age of the inmate, age of the victim's survivors, brutality of the crime or number of victims?

The fairest way would be chronological order of exhausted appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    How would you choose who gets executed first? Would it be by length of time on death row, age of the inmate, age of the victim's survivors, brutality of the crime or number of victims?
    If I were Governor of Florida, I would factor in everything before coming to my decision. There is no one particular factor that should make a Governor sign off on a death warrant. They should take everything into concern. I think length of time on death row/number of victims (and if any were children) and the brutality of the crime all should be the most important factors a Governor should look at before coming to a decision. In this instance, if I were Governor I would tell you right now Norman Parker and Thomas Knight would be the top 2 candidates for a death warrant. Knight has been on death row since the 70's and Parker since 1981.. Knight killed a correctional officer while already serving a death sentence for the killings of multiple victims.. Parker is a 3 time convicted killer himself.

Wouldn't it be something if Gov. Scott signs a new execution warrant 2 weeks after every execution?

Just curious what the delay might be for Florida in scheduling their next overdue execution? Any ideas on why, when & who etc ?

DaveP told me Gov. Scott was touring the state.

I am thinking one of these guys. Keep in mind there are over 50 inmates to choose from.

Curtis Beasley - Particularly heinous

Eddie Davis - Child Killer

Olen Gorby - Particularly heinous
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Probably won't be Gorby as he has an appeal pending with the Florida Supreme court. I reckon a date being set for Charles Foster who got denied back 5 years ago and has been on the row over 35 years, is not out the question

Best
    JLR

Sireci was denied by the 11th circuit not to long ago. Looks like Charles Foster, Guy Gamble and John Marquard are the only 3 I see who have gone 2-3 years without any court filings and new motions. It's traditionally said that the Governor looks at inmates with no court challenges before deciding on who to sign a warrant for and whos appeals have been exhausted.

I wish more then anything Governor Scott would just sign a warrant off on John Ferguson or Thomas Knight. Quite possibly 2 of the most dangerous inmates on death row.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information