Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Dzhokhar Anzorovich Tsarnaev - Federal Death Row

If it gets reinstated, I bet Sotomayer will dissent.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Any guesses on the Boston Bomber? I want cert to be granted on that case. I want his death sentence to stand. Courts please prove me wrong and grant cert and reinstate that death sentence. I know the odds aren’t there but still. Reinstate that death sentence. That man deserves the ultimate punishment. They can get Whatley off death row so as long as they reinstate his sentence.
    So far, I haven’t seen the Biden DOJ file a brief changing the position, like they have in some cases like California v Texas.

That aside, I have a feeling they will take it.

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Distributed for conference February 26, 2021.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....ic/20-443.html
    Last edited by Julius; 02-27-2021 at 05:24 AM.

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    Garland said at his hearing that his position has evolved since the Oklahoma City Bombing, something I’m sure he would’ve done on SCOTUS too.

Well there goes federal death row. I thought at least Garland would’ve been better for the DP there were other more liberal choices Biden could’ve picked but I guess the end result was the same.

Garland is saying at the moment that he’s had a great pause on the death penalty. This dude has made a big turnaround from Oklahoma to say the least. This sort of parallels DeWine. It’s funny how both of them look alike and once supported it. DeWine crafted Ohio’s death penalty law and now he’s against the death penalty. Same thing happened with Garland, he put the most notorious person at the time on Federal DR now he himself is against it.
    Last edited by Neil; 02-22-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Well that's what happens when the Overton Window shifts without opposition. American politics lacks a true right wing and it's beginning to show.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

There hasn't been a right wing since Lincoln started the war. It's only ever shifted left.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

We don't need to go back THAT far...
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

We have to go back to when a "conserative" actually conserved something.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

This too is also a result of a very incompetent President. Trump stirred so much energy against the conservative movement and himself as evident by the 2018 midterms and that energy from 2018, which was mainly directed at him, led to his defeat in 2020.

That was my first thought back in 2018 after we had a disastrous midterm then. Then in 2020, I thought he would win re-election because he wasn’t on the ballot then. It turns out it was the former.
    Last edited by Neil; 02-22-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread Information