Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Phillip Barnes - Florida Execution - August 3, 2023

ExtraCrispy
    Quote Originally Posted by watsonjessica View Post
    The only reason why I feel so strongly about this, 3 years ago I was brutally beaten & raped, ended up on life support and thank the lord I pulled thru, but I sustained frontal lobe damage and now suffer from Gran-Mal seizures and I’ll have this ailment for the rest of my life, not to mention the emotional and physical scars.
    It's terrible there's people out there will do that to someone else. Thank the doctors and nurses you pulled thru, and "god" for letting it happen, and your current state.

bugsea54
    I am against capitol punishment. After watching James Barnes on death row, I can't believe that anyone thinks society didnt let him and his twin sister fall through the cracks when they were children. Barnes twin sister talks about abuse at her house when she was little, and reoccuring nightmares, which screams to me of abuse. Barnes and his sister went to a juvenile detention center in their teens. At that time why didn't they get the help they needed? That is the problem, society knew they were abused knew they were troubled teens, of course they become adults with criminal problems, that is a no brainer. When are we as a society going to start fixing problems before they get out of hand. Society is to blame when family's don't get help they need, society is the problem when children are abused and don't get the help they need. Society wants to take a blind eye to the real problem, It is us the ones that are fortunate and have the resources to help people and children when they need it and we drop the ball. We are all to blame for all Barnes and his sisters criminal acts.

If I were murdered I wouldnīt care about the socialization of my murder. I could forgive him if he were completely insane.

Your points against the DP are a smack in the face of all the thousands of kids who had terrible childhoods. Itīs curious but the majority knows that killing is wrong. Most become good members of society, some struggle, but only a small percentage commits heinous crimes. I think it could be about the same percentage as people who had a "normal" childhood. Most times itīs a kind of tactic to blame the childhood.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

Oh for Pete's sake! Barnes is on death row as a result of his own actions. It isn't because he was whooped as a child, it isn't because he partied as a teenager. He made a conscious decision to take lives repeatedly, and now justice will be served with the ending of his existence. He has proven given the chance he will kill anyone who, in his mind, crosses him.

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    Every time i get paid and see how much taxes gets taken out, i feel like the government let me down, but that is not a excuse to kill people....ha ha...seriously, anyone who kills someone in a state that has the DP, knows that if they choose that path, then the DP is a very real punishment...Any other crime you can make might be forgiveable, but taking a life is something you can't take back or change, and you have to pay the price one way or another, and the DP is one of the prices one might have to pay........Feel bad for his upbringing, but can't excuse his actions....

SoupDragon
    Some folk need to quit making excuses for cold blooded murderers.

andy50220
    I have always opposed the death sentence, and other interviews with people on death row have always reinforced this view, however watching the interview with James Barnes was enough to make me question my own opposition to the death sentence.

I watched the interview a couple of days ago and my feeling then was that they couldn't execute him fast enough, and that in cases like his the death sentence is indeed justified. However, looking at the interview again today I think I was wrong and that he's clearly a psychopath.

Perhaps he has already been evaluated by a doctor and determined to be sane, but the treatment he got as a kid was probably enough to tip him over the edge.

Now I can't decide if the death sentence is justified or not, If I had to choose I'd say it's still wrong, but for the first time I have had serious doubts about my opposition to death sentence.

This crime leaves not much room for controversy. He planned the crime well and not like an insane person. He tried to cover his part in the crime. This shows that he knew that his actions are "wrong". For me itīs enough to see him on DR.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

JAMES PHILLIP BARNES v THE STATE OF FLORIDA

In an opinion dated June 27, 2013, the Florida Supreme Court AFFIRMED the district court's denial of Barnes' postconviction relief petition filed under Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.851.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

JAMES PHILLIP BARNES v STATE OF FLORIDA REVISED OPINION

SC12-875 REHEARING ORDER

In light of the revised opinion, the Appellant’s Motion for Rehearing was denied.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information