Thread: Billy George Hughes, Jr. - Texas Execution - January 24, 2000

Cards

Billy George Hughes, Jr. - Texas Execution - January 24, 2000

Officer Mark Frederick

Summary of Offense: Convicted of the murder of Trooper Mark Frederick as he was pulled over on Interstate 10 for driving a stolen car, and using a stolen credit card to check into the Days Inn Motel in Houston. When arrested several weapons were found in his car: a fully l.30 caliber carbine; a loaded sawed-off, short barrel twelve gauge shotgun; a.300 Magnum rifle; .38 caliber shotgun ammunition; a 9 mm. handgun with 13-14 rounds was found on him. He was arrested by Texas Ranger Ray Scholton.

Victim: Mark Frederick

Time of Death: Approximately 6:15 p.m.

Execution Method: Lethal injection

Last Meal: Two chicken-fried steaks with white gravy, french fries, four pieces of white bread, peaches and two Cokes

Last Statement: "Yes, I do. I want to tell you all how much I love you all, how much I appreciate everything. I love you all and my family. I treasure every moment that I have had. I want the guys to know out there not to give up, not to give in, that I hope someday the madness in the system, something will come about, something will be resolved. I would gladly trade the last 24 years if it would bring back Mark Fredericks. Give him back his life, give back my father his life, and my mother her health. All I ask is that I have one day and all the memories of you and my family and all the things that have happened. They are executing an innocent man because things did not happen as they say they happen and there's. The truth will come out someday. I am not the same person as I was 24 years ago. Who would have thought it would have taken 24 years to get to this moment? Don't give up, don't give in. If I am paying my debt to society, I am due a rebate and a refund, but I love you all and you all watch out for Mom and you all keep up, keep going. Thank you, Warden."
    Last edited by Cards; 05-27-2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Adding last meal

Thread Information