Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Edward Snowden -- Stateless Citizen

I'm delighted to see it still has not dawned on you that my point was grammatical, as against mathematical, in nature. I realise mathematicians are in the main socially inept and like to communicate by mathematical propositions to lend the appearance that they operate on a higher plane of functioning to the exclusion of mere mortals outwith the mathematical sphere. It won't work with me. Your mathematics, that said, is unimpeachably accurate and I do not dispute it - even if this is the first time I have ever seen anyone use a set to (re)define an ordinary English word. But my basic point all along was that "paramount" is a superlative adjective. You cannot avoid that by retreating to your arithmetical hinterland.
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

m!<god
    JT, I understood your criticism as grammatical - that my words were a tautology was an incorrect assumption because i never violated the meaning of the word or demoted it's supremacy. I was advocating that E Snowden be pushed towards the paramount slice of all the issues on Obama's plate. If you don't agree that the supremacy of a word can be transferred as a quality to an auxiliary argument then use your own black-white literary devices. I would hardly be offended by that or your condescending style, but THE issue most grating for me was your misquote of me: I never said X should BE more paramount, which you are correct, would be error. I said X should HAVE more paramount importance.

As far as being a mathematician, I can make no claim whether their size outdoes yours because i am not one.

JT, all animosity aside and respectfully, I used the instrument of predicate logic, which is routinely used to evaluate the truth of a statement. Any argument can be evaluated based on their predicate forms and when the predicate is represented symbolically it can be evaluated computationally. Although math helps, it is not a discipline below you. As someone who enjoys the power of debate you might find a text on predicate logic stimulating and empowering.

Predicate logic is more apart of all of our lives than most can appreciate. We're increasingly depending on systems to understand the things that we say and do - and in a free country such systems should be usable by all. You could argue on one hand that black and white usage of language would be clearer to an artificially intelligent system, but, it is not. Understanding the quality of and evaluating the truth of language is more efficient in reducing errors. Case in point, yesterday my phone misunderstood me and thought i said reason when i said raisin. Not artificially smart, google spun back erroneous results. I wasn't searching for 'what to do my dog ate a box of reasons.'

In the world of zero's and one's the numerically lesser comprehended and often begrudgingly studied discipline of predicate logic is divine, and the NSA wouldn't function without it.

Quote Originally Posted by m! View Post
    JT, all animosity aside and respectfully, I used the instrument of predicate logic, which is routinely used to evaluate the truth of a statement. Any argument can be evaluated based on their predicate forms and when the predicate is represented symbolically it can be evaluated computationally. Although math helps, it is not a discipline below you. As someone who enjoys the power of debate you might find a text on predicate logic stimulating and empowering.
    I'd happily receive any reading suggestions you may have.

Other than that, I give up. We're clearly not going to make any headway with this course of debate (if there is even a course to this argument).
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

Snowden leaves Moscow airport

NSA leaker Edward Snowden's application for political asylum has been approved and he has left a Moscow airport, Russian lawyer Anatoly Kucherena told CNN on Thursday.

Snowden has legal status in Russia for one year, Kucherena said, but the attorney would not disclose Snowden's location, citing security reasons.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/national/s...#ixzz2aidPBSKZ
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Ex-CIA director wants Snowden ‘hanged by the neck’ as tougher security measures proposed

A former CIA director says leaker Edward Snowden should be convicted of treason and given the death penalty in the wake of the terrorist attack on Paris.

“It’s still a capital crime, and I would give him the death sentence, and I would prefer to see him hanged by the neck until he’s dead, rather than merely electrocuted,” James Woolsey told CNN’s Brooke Baldwin on Thursday.

Woolsey said Snowden, who divulged classified information in 2013, is partly responsible for the terrorist attack in France last week that left at least 120 dead and hundreds injured.

“I think the blood of a lot of these French young people is on his hands,” he said.

Woolsey, who served as the head of the CIA from 1993 to 1995, said the Snowden leak was “substantial.”

“They turned loose not only material about some procedural aspects of something, they turned loose, for example, some substantial material about the Mexican intelligence service and law enforcement working together against human trafficking,” he said.

Woolsey wondered if Snowden were "pro-pimp."

Current CIA Director John Brennan has recently echoed his predecessor’s sentiments, arguing that Snowden's disclosures make it harder for intelligence officials to track terror plots.

“I think any unauthorized disclosures made by individuals that have dishonored the oath of office, that they have raised their hand and attested to, undermines this nation’s security,” Brennan said about Snowden at the Overseas Security Advisory Council’s annual meeting on Wednesday.

Snowden fled the country after stealing classified information and disclosing the extent of U.S. surveillance programs. He currently resides in Russia, where he has been granted temporary asylum.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...nged-for-paris

Trump Considering A Pardon of Edward Snowden Before Leaving Office

According to Florida Congressman Matt Gaetz, he and other lawmakers are urging President Donald Trump to pardon whistleblower Edward Snowden before leaving office, and it is something that he is seriously considering.

In a previous press conference, Trump said that he was seriously looking into the case, which he noted is very controversial, with both Democrats and Republicans split on the issue.

Some people think he’s a hero, and others think he is a villain, and there are people with both perspectives in each political party.

Earlier this year, a federal appeals court ruled that the NSA’s controversial spying program was illegal in the first place.

This is the same program that Edward Snowden blew the whistle on in 2013. The landmark ruling even added that the spying program may have been unconstitutional.

The court’s ruling was written by Judge Marsha Berzon, who decided that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA, didn’t allow for the bulk collection of phone users’ call records, as the US government claimed at the time.

“The metadata collection exceeded the scope of Congress’s authorization,” she wrote in her ruling.

The main problem is that FISA did not allow for bulk collection, only targeted collection of known suspects. The law “required the government to make a showing of relevance to a particular authorized investigation before collecting the records,” according to Berzon.

Judge Berzon went on to say that there is no evidence that the spying program actually did anything to prevent a single case of terrorism, and that US officials misled the public about the program’s effectiveness.

The NSA claims that they have since canceled the spying programs in question, but many privacy advocates suspect that they are still engaged in very similar activities, if not more invasive spying now that the technology has advanced.

Snowden is still facing criminal charges under the Espionage Act. He is currently living in exile in Russia, where he got stuck and remained while attempting to evade US authorities after the now-infamous leak.

Last year, Snowden published an eye-opening memoir about his time in the intelligence community and his decision to tell the world about the massive surveillance state that had been created by the United States government. The book, called “Permanent Record,” quickly rose to the top of the charts as soon as it was released, but as expected, the United States government was not very happy that it was being published.

On the day that the book was released, the US government filed a lawsuit against Snowden, claiming that he violated non-disclosure agreements that he signed with both the CIA and NSA when he was employed with the agencies.

The information contained in the book must not be too sensitive at this point, because the lawsuit is not seeking to block publication of the book, but is looking to intercept all of the money that is made from the sales.

https://anewspost.com/trump-consider...eaving-office/
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Yes. Please pardon Snowden and Assange, Mr. Trump.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    I do care about Snowden or Assange but it would be funny if he just decided to go funny burning down the house and does anything and everything to make the talking heads on cable news meltdown.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information