Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns

Passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post

Some of the northern American states can be a bit dodgy about foreigners just showing up and wanting to sling some lead but in general you won't run into any problems in Texas or New Mexico.
    Looking through various internet posts and knowing which states are more "gun-friendly" this is the feeling I get also. Hell, in Vegas foreigners are very welcome to the range where they can shoot full-auto machine guns and .50 cals. In New York they want you to purchase a "hunting license" or pay a "membership fee" before a foreigner can shoot at a range.

Michael, if an international call is too much, let me know and I will call Red's myself and double check for ya!

Senior Member CnCP Legend JimKay's Avatar
    Feds: New York City shoots straight on pricey $340 gun permit

A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the city’s $340 permit fee for residential handgun licenses is constitutional, even though the same permit costs $3 to $10 in other parts of the state.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan agreed with a 2012 lower court ruling.

It sided with the city against a 2011 lawsuit by the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, the Second Amendment Foundation and individual gun owners.

The appeals court found the $340 fee for a three-year license is legal because the city uses the money to fund its in-depth background checks on gun owners.

“Imposing fees on the exercise of constitutional rights is permissible when the fees are designed to defray . . . the administrative costs of regulating the protected activity," the court said.

The city applauded the appeals court decision.

“The court properly recognized that the city’s licensing process is designed to promote public safety and prevent gun violence,” said city lawyer Susan Paulson.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1394674

Passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimKay View Post
    Feds: New York City shoots straight on pricey $340 gun permit

A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the city’s $340 permit fee for residential handgun licenses is constitutional, even though the same permit costs $3 to $10 in other parts of the state.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan agreed with a 2012 lower court ruling.

It sided with the city against a 2011 lawsuit by the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, the Second Amendment Foundation and individual gun owners.

The appeals court found the $340 fee for a three-year license is legal because the city uses the money to fund its in-depth background checks on gun owners.

“Imposing fees on the exercise of constitutional rights is permissible when the fees are designed to defray . . . the administrative costs of regulating the protected activity," the court said.

The city applauded the appeals court decision.

“The court properly recognized that the city’s licensing process is designed to promote public safety and prevent gun violence,” said city lawyer Susan Paulson.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1394674
    LOL, and I am surmising that is even IF you are approved for a CCW in NYC? It is $32.50 in Kansas for 4 years. (does not include class costs, usually about $100 bucks) that is LOL again

http://www.ag.ks.gov/public-safety/concealedcarry

Brother TPG, that's for a "residential handgun license." That allows you to keep a handgun (registered with NYPD) in your residence. You can take it to a NYC range in a case, for practice, but you can't carry "concealed" in the sense you and I understand it. Shotguns and rifles require a separate license, which require a separate fingerprint fee.

How do I apply for a handgun license?

Applicants must personally appear and submit a signed application to the License Division when applying. Fees may be paid by credit card or with two money orders. The application fee is $340.00. Effective March 19, 2012, the fingerprint fee is $91.50. If you are paying with money orders, the money orders should be made payable to the “New York City Police Department.”
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pe...q.shtml#TheTop

http://newyorkcityguns.com/getting-a...andgun-permit/

Obviously, New York City only wants rich people to be able to defend their homes!

Note in the second article, the "NYC compliant" issue. I didn't follow up on that but I know one requirement is a trigger pull you wouldn't believe. I bought a new Glock 21 (.45 ACP) when I lived in Connecticut about 1995. It came with the "NYC" trigger spring, an added piece of spring steel that made the trigger pull something on the order of 12 lb! Fortunately, Glock supplied instructions on prying it out.

A 12 lb squeeze on a Glock? Bet you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that...
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

A 12 lb squeeze on a Glock? Bet you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that...
    I'm not sure of the weight, but it was more than the total of my trigger-weight set. I could get off one good shot with concentration, but you sure couldn't double-tap. Glocks don't have great trigger pulls to begin with but that was ridiculous.

I know how some of you boys love your guns, so this is now a thread dedicated to firearms.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

My understanding of Germany's gun laws isn't perfect but I don't see any compelling reason why you could not legally shoot those sorts of firearms.
    Nah, it´s not as easy. As far as I know it´s not so easy to use a shooting range as a guest. Also it seems that there are only air guns for rent available.

And even if you can't, Switzerland, Austria and the Czech Republic are all just across the border.
    I´m sorry, but I won´t travel to these states. I want to visit the US. There are no Red Lobsters, Applebees, Macy´s, Premium Outlets, XL-SUVs... in these countries.

Some of the northern American states can be a bit dodgy about foreigners just showing up and wanting to sling some lead but in general you won't run into any problems in Texas or New Mexico.
    My wifes wears no burqa and my beard is seldom longer older than two days (even in holiday). The ultimate proof of being harmless is the rest of the pulled pork and ribs in/in face and hands.

Quote Originally Posted by tpg View Post
    Michael, if an international call is too much, let me know and I will call Red's myself and double check for ya!
    Many thanks for your kind offer. I´ll call them and ask for an email-adress. I hope we can exchange some mails and I´ll have all the infos/a reservation in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I know how some of you boys love your guns, so this is now a thread dedicated to firearms.
    This was my thread. They´ve stolen it. I want to see them banned instead changing the title...
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by JimKay View Post
    I'm not sure of the weight, but it was more than the total of my trigger-weight set. I could get off one good shot with concentration, but you sure couldn't double-tap. Glocks don't have great trigger pulls to begin with but that was ridiculous.
    It is indeed ridiculous. I wouldn't want to shoot a longgun with that trigger pull, never mind combat tupperware.

It's almost as insane as NYS's new gun law passed in the wake of Sandy Hook which limits handguns to magazines with a 7-round capacity. And only after it passed did anybody notice that they hadn't included a police and military exemption...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Nah, it´s not as easy. As far as I know it´s not so easy to use a shooting range as a guest. Also it seems that there are only air guns for rent available.
    Seriously, only airguns? That sucks. Even British gun laws aren't that daft.

Why don't you apply for club membership and then try to get a Waffengesetz (or whatever it's called)?

I´m sorry, but I won´t travel to these states. I want to visit the US. There are no Red Lobsters, Applebees, Macy´s, Premium Outlets, XL-SUVs... in these countries.
    They do have McDonalds though.

My wifes wears no burqa and my beard is seldom longer older than two days (even in holiday).
    If you ever go to New York or Chicago or Boston just tell them you're from the IRA. They'll let you shoot any gun you want!
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

Airguns shouldn´t be a huge problem. To use other guns you need a license. And I want to become a club member. I just want to shot several guns/rifles, take some pictures and then move on. Visiting art-museums is not a typical thing we do during holidays.

I prefer Wendys, Five Guys and our special favorite Carl´s Jr/Green Burrito in the US. Also im looking forward to eat a taco at Chipotle.

Unfortunately we can´t try the IRA-thing. We´re protestant and we´re not red-haired.

Oh, btw - it´s called Waffenschein.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information