Thread: Anthony Braden Bryan - Florida Execution - February 24, 2000

Senior Member CnCP Addict Stro07's Avatar

Anthony Braden Bryan - Florida Execution - February 24, 2000

Facts of Crime: Bryan and Sharon Cooper were on the run for robbing a bank when the boat they were hiding out on broke down in Pascagoula on August 12, 1983. George Wilson, who worked part-time as a night watchman, lent Bryan some tools, but Bryan could not fix it and abducted Wilson. Bryan placed George in the back of his car. Bryan and Cooper then drove him to Santa Rosa County in Florida's Panhandle where the three stayed in a motel. Leaving the motel, Bryan drove George to a secluded spot in the woods. He marched George, with his hands tied, at gunpoint to a spot beside a creek. Bryan knocked George over the head with the shotgun and as he fell into the creek, Bryan shot him in the face. While awaiting trial, he escaped but was recaptured 15 months later. At trial Cooper was the state's chief witness.

Victim: George Wilson

Time of Death: 7:11 a.m.

Manner of execution: Lethal Injection

Last Meal: Dolphin fish with teriyaki sauce, brown rice with onions, chef salad with thousand island dressing, asparagus, apple pie with vanilla ice cream, Coca-Cola and whole milk

Final Statement: "I confess Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and I have put my faith in Him. I believe in the resurrection," he said. "I would like to thank those who stood by me the 13 years I was on death row. ... No matter what you do in life, God can make a difference. He has made a difference in mine. You can always be redeemed. I thank you."
    Last edited by Stro07; 05-26-2014 at 07:21 AM.

Thread Information