Thread: Edward Castro - Florida Execution - December 7, 2000

Senior Member CnCP Addict Stro07's Avatar

Edward Castro - Florida Execution - December 7, 2000

Facts of Crime: Castro was convicted and sentenced to death for the January 14, 1987 choking and stabbing death of 56-year-old Austin Carter Scott, who was lured to Castro's room in Ocala by the promise of Old Milwaukee beer. Castro told authorities he began choking Scott before pulling a knife from his sock. "I remember looking at his face, and it was purple. I told him, "Hey man, you've lost. Dig it?' That's when I started stabbing him.' In all, Castro stabbed Scott eight times in the chest. Scott also had three defensive wounds on his arms. The medical examiner said the thrusts penetrated Scott's lungs and his chest cavity filled with blood. He died within minutes. When Castro, still covered with the victim's blood, was later arrested in Columbia County, he confessed to the slaying and led officials to Scott's body.

Victim: Austin Carter Scott

Time of Death: 6:15 p.m.

Manner of execution: Lethal Injection

Last Meal: T-bone steak, fried shrimp, fried potatoes, fried onion rings, fried tomatoes, ice cream and Coca-Cola

Final Statement: "Tell my mother I love her, and I'd like to take the opportunity to apologize to the families of the victims. Thanks to everybody who's shown me love. That's it."

Thanks very much, Stro07, for posting all of these Florida executions.

Senior Member CnCP Addict Stro07's Avatar
    Always a pleasure.

Thread Information