Thread: Men in Sweden warned to beware of testicle-eating fish

Men in Sweden warned to beware of testicle-eating fish

I checked Snopes, and they don't have this listed as fact or fiction.

It sounds like the plot to a low-budget horror movie but the discovery of a 21cm fish off Sweden's southern coast should unsettle any man thinking of going for a swim there.

Experts have warned men to keep their swimwear on if swimming in the Øresund channel between Denmark and Sweden after a fisherman discovered a pacu fish - dubbed the “ball cutter” for its habit of attacking male genitalia.

The National History Museum in Denmark has warned that there may be more of the sharp-toothed fish out there.

The pacu, a relative of the piranha that is commonly found around the Amazon, can grow to up to 90cm and weigh in at a staggering 25kg. Fishermen in South America attacked by the pacu have reportedly bled to death after losing their testicles in the fish's vicious teeth.

This is the first time a pacu has been caught in Europe, according to the museum.

“The pacu is not normally dangerous to people but it has quite a serious bite, there have been incidents in other countries, such as Papua New Guinea, where some men have had their testicles bitten off,” said Henrik Carl, a fish expert at the Danish museum, speaking to The Local, an English-language newspaper in Sweden.

“They bite because they're hungry, and testicles sit nicely in their mouth,” he told the paper.

Carl was keen to tell swimmers not to worry too much. “You're more likely to drown than get your nuts bitten off,” he said.

The fish are found in most rivers in the Amazon and Orinoco basins in South America and have also been spotted in Papua New Guinea, where they are believed to have been introduced in order to boost fish stocks.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-29489930.html
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

I was seriously trying to research this and came across this gem. I'm still laughing!

Lesbian Atheists Invent Pacu, Release Testicle Eating Fish In Lake Yeager Illinois

The men of Illinois should be very afraid. A miliant group of lesbian atheists have used genetics to create a breed of fish called the Pacu. The name of the fish is an anagram that stands for Penis Amputating Castrations Underwater. The pacu fish is actually a specialized genetic weapon.

The pacu river beast was first discovered not far from a genetics research facility in South America. The host of television show River Monsters, Jeremy Wade, went to investigate horror stories from local fishermen, who claimed a fish ‘with the mouth of a human hooker’ were killing male villagers by brutally malling of their genitals.

Females were never attacked, only males. And the episode of River Monsters found the the stories were entirely true. There was speculation that the pacu fish, not native to the area, was geneticall engineered and trained to bite off the reproductive units of men. The horrifying story follows:

After airing and terrifying everyone, the story was quickly forgotten by local media and international authorities who were called in to see if the animal was created as part of an organized crime against humanity. Were lesbian scientists creating animals to destroy men?

The question is now answered, as the Lake Yeager findings show that it has been stocked with thousands of these beasts. And they are spreading.

New reports show that 49 cases of bitten testicles and penis has occurred in American lakes since July 8th. The quick turnaround proves what everyone should fear most: phallic eating fish have been released in American waters.

Even more terrifying is the powerful genetic makeup of this fish. In addition to being able to survive in fresh lake water or salt water, these fish can survive in perfectly chlorinated pools, in sewer systems and even on land for shorts amount of time. The fish truly does seem to be weaponized and bred to bring horror to men.

It is important to remember that the pacu can survive in a swimming pool. So now lesbians who live in your neighborhood can hear when you plan a summer party and wait for you and your buddies to chum up the water with ‘food’ for their pacus, then quickly toss them into your pool and laugh with delight as you and your friends have your mansacks mutilated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pacu.jpeg 
Views:	2511 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	587

Source: http://christwire.org/2012/07/lesbia...ager-illinois/

A much more reliable source: National Geographic

Pacu: Freshwater Species of the Week

A few years ago I went snorkeling in a pair of crystal-clear streams in southwestern Brazil, in the Pantanal region. I got a close look at a toothy caiman (related to an alligator) and many species of fish, some brightly colored.

Plying the cool, clear waters of the Olho d’Agua (“eyes of water”) and Rio da Prata (“silver river”) were lots of pacu, which are prized by local indigenous people and fishermen for their meat. In fact, after my dip I enjoyed a dinner of fried pacu.

My guide told me that pacus are vegetarians, though they are related to piranhas, and do bare some resemblance, though pacus tend to be larger and can reach up to 55 pounds. Pacus also have teeth that bare a striking resemblance to human beings, as the above photo from the National Geographic Channel show Hooked demonstrates.

My guide mentioned that pacus dine on aquatic plants, snails, and nuts, which is why they have strong teeth…but he did not mention that some say they can inflict painful bites on people. While snorkeling, I marveled at the size of the pacus but didn’t fear them, instead keeping an eye out for caiman and anaconda. (No, they don’t have candiru in that part of Brazil. I asked.)

Pacus and piranahs both belong to the Characiformes order, like tetras. The name pacu is typically applied to a group of nine genera that share similar characteristics in body, diet, and behavior.

Source: http://newswatch.nationalgeographic....s-of-the-week/

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I checked Snopes, and they don't have this listed as fact or fiction.
    It's true.
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

Thread Information