Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooman Ashkan Panah - California Death Row

Hooman Ashkan Panah - California Death Row

Hooman Ashkan Panah

Summary of Offense:

On the morning of Saturday, November 20, 1993, Ashkan Panah was asleep in his bedroom on the second level of an apartment unit in Woodland Hills. His mother, Mehri Monfared, also was in the apartment, preparing to leave for an appointment. Sometime that morning, Lori Parker, then separated from her husband, Edward, dropped off her daughter, Nicole, and her son Casey, at their father’s apartment — which was located across a courtyard from Ashkan Panah’s apartment. Sometime around 11:00 a.m., Monfared left the apartment. At about the same time, Nicole asked her father for a glove and softball. A short time later, as he was walking between his apartment and the laundry room, Mr. Parker saw his daughter throwing the ball against an elevator. He told his daughter to be back to the apartment by noon. That was the last time he saw his daughter.

Panah was sentenced to death in Los Angeles County on March 6, 1995.

On October 21, 2005, Panah filed a habeas petition in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cal...v07606/179243/

BATMAMA63
    I'm assuming he's still alive? His biological daughter is my friend, and she wonders.

According to a roster from mid-July he was. Since then we have received no news about his death so it seems he´s still alive.

CWP47
    He showed up to his girlfriends house the next morning with slashed wrists and then tried to OD on sleeping pills saying he "did something bad" and "you will see on the news about the little girl that lives in my complex."
    Then he tried an insanity plea after he was found guilty.
    After that he blamed the courts and law enforcement for discrimination and abuse.
    Oh and did I mention her body was found in his closet, stuffed in a suitcase, with clear indications of rape, oral and anal sodomy, and brutal strangulation?
    and did i mention his mother and aunt covered for him when the police searched the house?
    its a horrible story that affects people 20 years after it happened. My sympathy to the families of both the victim and the killer.

Are you somehow related to this case CWP47?
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

CWP47
    I just read the "facts of the case" and felt they didnt do true justice to the brutality and horror of the actual crime. If you people did your homework as well, you would have read all the news articles too. There are several of them on the LA times website.
    This man kidnapped, sodomized, raped, and murdered an 8 yr old girl. She died very painfully in several different ways. He was convicted in a court of law. I dont understand why there would be people out there advocating for this man. It's surprising even a few people can sympathize with him.

As to the question of my relation to this case. Nicole went to the same school i did. Just one year earlier. didnt know her or the family personally.
    So yes, you could say my opinion is somewhat slanted. But that doesnt mean I'm wrong.

If you people did your homework as well, you would have read all the news articles too.
    With over 700 inmates on California's death row and a page on EVERY other death row inmate in the United States...SORRY the summary of offense on the ONE case you know about isn't up to your standards!
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

CWP47
    I was not attacking you personally Heidi, and I would appreciate it if you didn't lead with the "I must be ignorant" case. It was a simple addition to the "facts" of this one case. Why is it that almost all the other inmates pages have full accounts of their crimes, while this man does not? The only answer I can think of is that someone is trying to protect him from unnecessary violence and harassment. It didnt work though because he was stabbed in FEB of 2012 by another inmate. He's still alive though.
    Whoever the original thread starter was did not state any "facts" or even "offenses" in the "summary of offense." I was simply trying to expand on the facts of why this man is on death row in the first place. Now if you were that person who started the thread, feel free to take my criticism personally...

I am about to violate our own rules by using insulting and mildly salty language, but I feel as though I really must. You, sir, are being a jerk. This website is, hands down, the best death-penalty information resource available on the internet (far better than the so-called Death Penalty Information Center). It includes information on thousands of condemned inmates, their crimes, their progress through the judicial system and their victims. It is the most exhaustive resource on the subject you'll find anywhere. However, nobody here is getting paid to do this. So, things will sometimes be left out and some mistakes will occur. Indeed, we welcome corrections and continually seek to improve, update and expand the information here. Yet, it must be said your churlish attitude is distinctly unhelpful and I daresay ungrateful.

Oh, by the way, you're this close to getting bounced off of this site.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information