Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Nikko Allen Jenkins - Nebraska Death Row

Helen, post the link to ding bats Facebook page.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    In related news, the national ACLU took up Jenkins' cert petition and it's drawn a few amicus briefs in support. They're trying to make it into a Ring/Hurst issue despite the fact that he waived his right to allow a jury to find aggravators.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Helen, post the link to ding bats Facebook page.
    Here they are. The second one is the most recent.

https://www.facebook.com/dawn.arguello.7

https://www.facebook.com/dawn.arguello.5
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Distributed for conference April 17, 2020.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....ic/19-514.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Supreme Court declines to hear Nikko Jenkins' death penalty appeal

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is passing for now on deciding whether juries must find all facts necessary to impose a death sentence or whether judges can play a role, an issue Nebraska and Missouri death row inmates had asked the court to take up.

The high court on Monday declined to hear appeals brought by Nikko Jenkins and Craig Wood. The court, as is usual, didn't comment in turning away the cases.

Wood is on death row in Missouri after being convicted of kidnapping, raping and killing 10-year-old Hailey Owens in 2014. The jury that convicted Wood couldn’t decide whether to sentence him to death or life in prison without parole. That left the decision up to the judge who oversaw Wood’s trial.

Jenkins is on death row in Nebraska after killing four people in Omaha shortly after his 2013 release from prison, where he had served 10 years for two carjackings. Jenkins pleaded no contest to the killings and a three-judge panel was appointed to sentence him. Jenkins waived his right to have a jury assess aggravating circumstances and the panel sentenced him to death.

https://eu.news-leader.com/story/new...al/5166561002/
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information