Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Federal District Courts

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Mitch isn’t going to waste time on them those nominations where dem picks who were nominated as part of deals. For example trump got his pick in NM but was going to nominate a dem in NV. Did the same thing in New England he got one pick in ME but let the dems have a pick in RI. These things happen

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Confirmed today by the US Senate: Katherine Crytzer, for the Eastern District of Tennessee, and Joseph Dawson III, for the District of South Carolina.

Confirmed today by the US Senate: Charles Atchley Jr., for the Eastern District of Tennessee.

Confirmed yesterday by the US Senate: Fernando Aenlle-Rocha, for the Central District of California.

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    Will incoming Judiciary Chair Durbin abolish blue slips for District Court seats?

Well John was right about R's being able to play the judge shopping nationwide injunction game like the D's. Trump judge Drew Tipton has blocked the 100 day moratorium on ICE deportations ordered by Biden.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

It’s a good thing that happened. Biden has been on a left wing binge since he’s been in office. I want every executive order he signed in the past week revoked that man is trying to steer us on a very liberal path.

Judge shopping is something both sides do. Remember the plaintiffs (Texas) only has to win one lawsuit, while the respondents (Biden Admin) needs to win all of them.

On another note, there’s been an unsurprising flood of retirements in the last couple of days.

Do people really trust Sinema and Manchin on keeping their word on the filibuster? I would’ve kept it as gridlocked as possible if I were McConnell if the filibuster is gone there will be no federal death penalty according to Shep.

Neil I have a feeling they’ll break. Also, will Durbin nuke blue slips for district court seats?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information