Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Does Rob Anders Still Think Nelson Mandela Was A Terrorist? It Seems So

It appears Rob Anders still believes Nelson Mandela was a terrorist.

The outspoken Conservative MP was the sole parliamentarian to vote against making Mandela an honorary citizen in 2001, preventing the motion from passing unanimously.

Anders, a Canadian Alliance MP at the time, infamously labeled the anti-apartheid leader and former South African president "a terrorist and a Communist."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/12...anada-politics

Is Canada A Safe Haven For Terrorist?

Is Canada a safe haven for terrorists?
    Two terrorist groups were blacklisted in November 2013 as a threat to Canadian security and safety
    Terrorist from 50 different organizations enter Canada as refugees
    Heidi, Canada is not a haven for terrorism. Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) actively works with governments to protect not only our country, but other countries including the US. I would also like to add that Canada not only has the best immigration system in the world, based on a point system, it also has less than 10% of immigration for refugees and family members of new Canadians, the rest come based on financial means, education, English speaking ability and whether or not they have a job to go to.

Canada also have strict hate crimes laws, unlike the US which hides behind its right to free speech in the guise of blatant racism and hatred of anything that isn't white, Christian and heterosexual.

I would also point out that it was a Canadian General in charge of the NATO attacks in Libya, Canada has way more sanctions against Iran then the US and when the Iranian's speak at the UN, Canada leaves the room, also Canada ordered all Iranian diplomats out of Canada and while the American's were celebrating their victory in Iraq and lobbing the heads of statues of Saddam Hussein, Canada was alone fighting al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

As for Rob Anders, he was a member of the Canadian Alliance, AKA, Canada's version of the "Tea Party", which no longer exists because ultra conservatism...let's just say its not Canada' cup of tea.

This is why Canada has laws to protect all people regardless of their race. Link below is about a psycho who went to the US and the US won't extradite to Canada because they don't recognize hate speech as a crime.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3804562.html

Senior Member CnCP Legend JimKay's Avatar
    I was going to quit this thread, but this is too good to pass up.

What Would You Have Done? Nelson Mandela and American Conservatives

By Newt Gingrich

Yesterday I issued a heartfelt and personal statement about the passing of President Nelson Mandela. I said that his family and his country would be in my prayers and Callista’s prayers.

I was surprised by the hostility and vehemence of some of the people who reacted to me saying a kind word about a unique historic figure.

So let me say to those conservatives who don’t want to honor Nelson Mandela, what would you have done?

Mandela was faced with a vicious apartheid regime that eliminated all rights for blacks and gave them no hope for the future. This was a regime which used secret police, prisons and military force to crush all efforts at seeking freedom by blacks.

What would you have done faced with that crushing government?

What would you do here in America if you had that kind of oppression?

Some of the people who are most opposed to oppression from Washington attack Mandela when he was opposed to oppression in his own country.

After years of preaching non-violence, using the political system, making his case as a defendant in court, Mandela resorted to violence against a government that was ruthless and violent in its suppression of free speech.

As Americans we celebrate the farmers at Lexington and Concord who used force to oppose British tyranny. We praise George Washington for spending eight years in the field fighting the British Army’s dictatorial assault on our freedom.

Patrick Henry said, “Give me liberty or give me death.”

Thomas Jefferson wrote and the Continental Congress adopted that “all men are created equal, and they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

Doesn’t this apply to Nelson Mandela and his people?

Some conservatives say, ah, but he was a communist.

Actually Mandela was raised in a Methodist school, was a devout Christian, turned to communism in desperation only after South Africa was taken over by an extraordinarily racist government determined to eliminate all rights for blacks.

I would ask of his critics: where were some of these conservatives as allies against tyranny? Where were the masses of conservatives opposing Apartheid? In a desperate struggle against an overpowering government, you accept the allies you have just as Washington was grateful for a French monarchy helping him defeat the British.

Finally, if you had been imprisoned for 27 years, 18 of them in a cell eight foot by seven foot, how do you think you would have emerged? Would you have been angry? Would you have been bitter?

Nelson Mandela emerged from 27 years in prison as an astonishingly wise, patient, and compassionate person.

He called for reconciliation among the races. He invited his prison guard to sit in the front row at his inauguration as President. In effect he said to the entire country, “If I can forgive the man who imprisoned me, surely you can forgive your neighbors.”

Far from behaving like a communist, President Mandela reassured businesses that they could invest in South Africa and grow in South Africa. He had learned that jobs come from job creators.

I was very privileged to be able to meet with President Mandela and present the Congressional Medal of Freedom. As much as any person in our lifetime he had earned our respect and our recognition.

Before you criticize him, ask yourself, what would you have done in his circumstances?

Here is my statement from yesterday on President Nelson Mandela:

President Nelson Mandela was one of the greatest leaders of our lifetime.

He emerged from 27 long years in prison with a wisdom, a compassion, and a commitment to help other people that was astonishing. His life was a triumph of the human spirit.

When he visited the Congress I was deeply impressed with the charisma and the calmness with which he could dominate a room. It was as if the rest of us grew smaller and he grew stronger and more dominant the longer the meeting continued.

His thoughtful disciplined but friendly and warm personality made him a leader who could define the right policies and the right behaviors.

Nelson Mandela was truly the father of an integrated, democratic South Africa.

He will be an inspiration for generations to come and an historic leader worth studying for as long as people want to learn about greatness in serving others.

Callista and I extend our condolences and our prayers to the Mandela family and to the people of South Africa.

http://www.gingrichproductions.com/2...conservatives/

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TEX) has spoken in favor of Mandela as well, and will be attending Mandela's memorial service tomorrow.

Mandela was faced with a vicious apartheid regime that eliminated all rights for blacks and gave them no hope for the future. This was a regime which used secret police, prisons and military force to crush all efforts at seeking freedom by blacks.
    So Mandela became a communist why? The communist party didn't use secret police, prisons and military force to crush all efforts at seeking freedom by ALL?

And Sasha, I for one will sleep well tonight knowing Canada is insuring the safety of the United States. I've even taken into consideration that within a 12 mile radius of my home are Norfolk Naval Base, the world's largest naval station, Naval Air Station Oceana, the only Master Jet Base on the east coast, and Naval Special Warfare Development Group, home of SEAL Team Six, you may have heard of them, they killed Osama.

Allons-Y Canada!

After all you two have posted, my mind is still set. Mandela was a terrorist!
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

So Mandela became a communist why? The communist party didn't use secret police, prisons and military force to crush all efforts at seeking freedom by ALL?

And Sasha, I for one will sleep well tonight knowing Canada is insuring the safety of the United States. I've even taken into consideration that within a 12 mile radius of my home are Norfolk Naval Base, the world's largest naval station, Naval Air Station Oceana, the only Master Jet Base on the east coast, and Naval Special Warfare Development Group, home of SEAL Team Six, you may have heard of them, they killed Osama.

Allons-Y Canada!

I think you don't get that were on the same side regardless how we view Mandela. I appreciate everyday that I live next door to the US and I think that as long as democratic countries work together and share information on terrorists networks we can only benefit each other. Don't think for a minute that there aren't things I would like to change about Canada e.g., no death penalty, lenient laws for sex offenders etc...A lot of the terrorism arrests in Canada as of late involved the US providing info. on suspected terrorist plots and Canada is leading the way in providing information to other countries about on line pedophiles. This is how we fight threats to our citizens, by working together against known threats and working for common goals.

As a side note I hate!!! that Canada ended up with Omar Ahmed Khadr in our jail system and now suing the Canadian government for $60 million...he should rot in Gitmo, or better yet been executed for killing an American soldier.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/11/27/o...or-60-million/

Senior Member CnCP Legend JimKay's Avatar
    But he succeeded! He got rid of apartheid. Heidi, you're gonna have to stop using dollar bills and quarters, because they contain images of a traitor who led a violent uprising against our lawful government. Maybe, if we ask nicely, the UK will let us back into the Commonwealth. But then you'd have to curtsy to another queen.

Quote Originally Posted by JimKay View Post
    But he succeeded! He got rid of apartheid. Heidi, you're gonna have to stop using dollar bills and quarters, because they contain images of a traitor who led a violent uprising against our lawful government. Maybe, if we ask nicely, the UK will let us back into the Commonwealth. But then you'd have to curtsy to another queen.
    I might as well stop using the five dollar bill and pennies since they contain images of America's Greatest War Criminal!

Apartheid is/was wrong. Mandela was the power in the regime change who ensured that there was no place for hate crime. I think everyone has to show respect for this.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

SEAL Team Six, you may have heard of them, they killed Osama.
    Proof?
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

The only reason the rest of the world gave a crap about what was going on in South Africa is because of it's natural resources. The region needed to be stabilized so everyone could get their piece of the pie. Violence is a natural instinct for Africans. Apartheid was the chosen method of the colonist (who shouldn't have been there) to tame the savage. They have been offing each other since the beginning of time.

List of conflicts in Africa

Mandela was a terrorist as was President Andrew Jackson, and President Harry S. Truman.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information