Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frozen Out: 98% of Stories Ignore That Ice-bound Ship Was On Global Warming Mission

Member Member

Frozen Out: 98% of Stories Ignore That Ice-bound Ship Was On Global Warming Mission

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mike-ci...-warming-missi

The Russian ship, Akademic Shokalskiy, was stranded in the ice while on a climate change research expedition, yet nearly 98 percent of network news reports about the stranded researchers failed to mention their mission at all. Forty out of 41 stories (97.5 percent) on the network morning and evening news shows since Dec. 25 failed to mention climate change had anything to do with the expedition.

In fact, rather than point out the mission was to find evidence of climate change, the networks often referred to the stranded people as “passengers,” “trackers” and even “tourists,” without a word about climate change or global warming.

Selective reporting is a wonderful thing if you are on a mission to push your agenda but it would be nice to identify yourself as a crusader and a zealot rather than a reporter.

I fail to see your point. The Northeast where I live is still horribly damaged by Hurricane Irene. If you think you are funny because a global warming team (really studying CLIMATE CHANGE) was stuck in ice, you aren't. Big yawn. Please post this on Accuweather.com or TWC.com instead.

Member Member
    I will be happy to explain.

The purpose of my post is the same as the linked article's: To show that the MSM American reporters are not reporters anymore. Instead, they are zealots that use the informational black hole to hide what they perceive as inconvenient truth. They knew very well that the stranded were not just "passengers" but researchers on a mission related to global warming.

My post is not about global warming and I have no intention to debate it. It's about the ethics of the American media that deliberately hide from you what is even remotely not in synch with their agenda. In this case, they would not even let us see the irony of the event - being stuck in ten-foot ice - which in itself does not prove or disprove anything about global warming and its causes. To the "reporters" with an agenda, that irony was too much to tolerate because to them, the debate is over and anyone who claims that global warming is not caused my us, is called a "denier" and is not allowed into the room.

What the heck does this have to do with crime and punishment..mmnnnn..let me think...nothing!!!

Member Member
    ...as much as Rugby Rant by SoupDragon and Have we become too politically correct? by Heidi.

Always glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...as much as Rugby Rant by SoupDragon and Have we become too politically correct? by Heidi.

Always glad to help.
    I find you intensely irritating.

Lots of love,

JT
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

Heidi, if you don't want random topics then why do you have an Off Topic area?

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    I find you intensely irritating.

Lots of love,

JT
    JT you are a peach...lol

This thread needs to be deleted. The purpose of this site is crime and punishment, not a rant for global warming theorists. Take this garbage somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKindExecutioner View Post
    Heidi, if you don't want random topics then why do you have an Off Topic area?
    I've said this a few times myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information