Thread: Way back when the U.S. used to have death penalty...

Member Member

Way back when the U.S. used to have death penalty...

Thanks to the liberals and the lawyers, what we have today is a joke. The system is so screwed up that it is impossible to claim with a straight face that we actually have death penalty. If you feel the same, this post will remind you about the good times when we really had a very effective death penalty and that - contrary to what the antis claim - it really is a deterrent.

Here is the timeline of one case in 1942 that should bring a tear to any pro dp person:

June 12 Landing
    June 22 Arrest
    July 8 Start of trial
    August 3 Verdict
    August 8 Execution

The case involved two groups of Germans who landed to commit sabotage. In less than two months, they were decomposing. Germans never tried to do it again.

Any antis here who want to debate if the dp is a deterrent?
    Last edited by Richard; 01-05-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Very nice! What were their names or were they collectively known as a group?

I agree with you but you have to realize we have to make sure we got the right person. There is NO WAY it should take 20 years. Maybe a few years. Even during the Dillinger era people were executed quite quickly after committing murder.

I guess the bright side is we will ALWAYS have the Federal death penalty due to terrorism. I know that's not much of a bright side but state death penalties aren't going anywhere soon either!

Member Member
    I hope you are right. In the meantime, this from Wikipedia:

The U.S. Government has declined requests from survivors and family members of the slain to categorize the Fort Hood shooting as act of terrorism, or motivated by militant Islamic religious convictions. In November 2011, a group of survivors and family members filed a lawsuit against the government for negligence in preventing the attack, and to force the government to classify the shootings as terrorism. The Pentagon has argued that charging Hasan with terrorism is not possible within military justice and that even having the government classify the shootings as terrorism would harm the ability of the military prosecutors to sustain a guilty verdict against Hasan.

Some are predicting it will years before they execute this follower of the religion of peace. Yet another proof that political correctness can be deadly.

Member Member
    From Wikipedia:

Recruited for Operation Pastorius were eight German residents who had lived in the United States. Two of them, Ernst Burger and Herbert Haupt, were American citizens. The others, George John Dasch, Edward John Kerling, Richard Quirin, Heinrich Harm Heinck, Hermann Otto Neubauer, and Werner Thiel, had worked at various jobs in the United States. All eight were recruited into the Abwehr military intelligence organization and were given a three weeks of intensive sabotage training in the German High Command school on an estate at Quenz Lake, near Berlin, Germany. The agents were instructed in the manufacture and use of explosives, incendiaries, primers, and various forms of mechanical, chemical, and electrical delayed timing devices. Considerable time was spent developing complete background "histories" they were to use in the United States. They were encouraged to converse in English and to read American newspapers and magazines so no suspicion would be aroused if they were interrogated while in the United States.

Inadvertently, I am very close to a subject that often gets me going real bad, as they say. which is immigration. I think that with 90 million Americans not in the labor force, we should reconsider the entire concept of being the dumping grounds for the world's surplus people. I got that number from this site:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...another-record

Weidmann1939
    A comedy of errors from start to finish

George John Dasch (February 7, 1903 – 1992) was a German agent who landed on American soil during World War II. He helped to destroy Nazi Germany’s espionage program in the United States by defecting to the American cause, but was tried and convicted of treason and espionage.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_John_Dasch
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Pastorius

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    From Wikipedia:

Recruited for Operation Pastorius were eight German residents who had lived in the United States. Two of them, Ernst Burger and Herbert Haupt, were American citizens. The others, George John Dasch, Edward John Kerling, Richard Quirin, Heinrich Harm Heinck, Hermann Otto Neubauer, and Werner Thiel, had [B]worked various forms of mechanical, chemical, and electrical delayed timing devices. Considerable time was spent developing complete background "histories" they were to use in the United States. They were encouraged to converse in English and to read American newspapers and magazines so no suspicion would be aroused if they were interrogated while in the United States.
    Inadvertently, I am very close to a subject that often gets me going real bad, as they say. which is immigration. I think that with 90 million Americans not in the labor force, we should reconsider the entire concept of being the dumping grounds for the world's surplus people. I got that number from this site:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...another-record
    If you are against illegal immigration you need to join the site below!

www.numbersusa.com

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKindExecutioner View Post
    If you are against illegal immigration you need to join the site below!

www.numbersusa.com
    Everybody should be against illegal immigration. I wish our government would. I am against all immigration, just like Japan, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Everybody should be against illegal immigration. I wish our government would. I am against all immigration, just like Japan, for example.
    I started a separate thread in on this in Off Topic where we can discuss it.

Thread Information