Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you against illegal immigration...

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillydust View Post
    The worst thing is when you run into an immigrant and then they start bitching about your country. I always tell en you can go back to where you were from if this country's so shitty.
    There is something even worse than that.

It is when your government conspires with the invaders against the natives by taxing the natives to pay for the magnets to attract even more invaders. The reason I posted my comment above is that I and others like me are now the new slaves who have to toil to support the protected classes, including the invaders.

We are the only country in the world with sanctuary cities and the local police under strict orders not to ask about the immigration status. If you suggest that such policy is insane or suicidal, you are immediately labeled a xenophobe, or extreme idiot and told to shut up. As with global warming, no fact-based discussion can be tolerated.

To see how well multiculturalism works all we have to do is look at Canada, Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union. In the meantime, Japan has zero-immigration policy and the last time I was there, they were not starving because they have no cheap immigrant farm labor. The Japanese were smart enough to even close that loophole we proudly call a political asylum, our invaders from the south just discovered and happily abuse as we speak.

I live in Canada. I recently moved to Alberta from Nova Scotia. And I must say I feel like the minority here. There defiantly seems to be more middle eastern and Asian people here then I've ever seen in my life.

Member Member
    Why do you want them in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Would you be kind enough to explain what high cheek bones have to do with a discussion about illegal "immigration"? Are high cheek bones a prerequisite to posting here?
    Heidi, high cheek bones in Canada are usually indicative of being mixed with the Native Indian population..you see it a lot in Quebe.

York U student’s refusal to work with women sparks rights debate

By Staff
    Torstar News Service

A York University student has sparked a brouhaha after he was granted permission to be excused from some course work because he did not want to work with women for religious reasons. A York University student who refused to do group work with women for religious reasons has sparked a human rights tug-of-war between a professor and campus administration.

While the professor wanted to deny the student’s request, a university dean ordered him to comply.

Professor Paul Grayson is now blowing the whistle on what he sees as a hierarchy of freedoms at York — religious rights trumping women’s rights.

“In order to meet an instance of a religious requirement we have tacitly accepted a negative definition of females,” Grayson told Torstar News Service. “That’s not acceptable.”

The brouhaha began in September when a student in an online sociology class emailed Grayson about the class’s only in-person requirement: a student-run focus group.

“One of the main reasons that I have chosen internet courses to complete my BA is due to my firm religious beliefs,” the student wrote. “It will not be possible for me to meet in public with a group of women (the majority of my group) to complete some of these tasks.”

While Grayson’s gut reaction was to deny the request, he forwarded the email to the faculty’s dean and the director for the centre for human rights.

Their response shocked him; the student’s request was permitted.

The reasoning was apparently that students studying abroad in the same online class were given accommodations, and allowed to complete an alternative assignment.

“I think Mr. X must be accommodated in exactly the same way as the distant student has been,” the vice dean wrote to Grayson.

The professor argues that is not a valid comparison — there is a major difference between accommodating someone who can’t physically meet class members versus someone who refuses to interact with women, he says.

Grayson’s reply was scathing.

“York is a secular university. It is not a Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, or Muslem university. In our policy documents and (hopefully) in our classes we cling to the secular idea that all should be treated equally, independent of, for example, their religion or sex or race.

“Treating Mr. X equally would mean that, like other students, he is expected to interact with female students in his group.”

A university provost, speaking on behalf of the dean, said the decision to grant the student’s request was made after consulting legal counsel, the Ontario Human Rights Code and the university’s human rights centre.

“Students often select online courses to help them navigate all types of personal circumstances that make it difficult for them to attend classes on campus, and all students in the class would normally have access to whatever alternative grading scheme had been put in place as a result of the online format,” said Rhonda Lenton, provost and vice president academic.

The director of the Centre for Human Rights also weighed in on the decision in an email to Grayson.

“While I fully share your initial impression, the OHRC does require accommodations based on religious observances.”

The professor argued that if a Christian student refused to interact with a black student, as one could argue with a skewed interpretation of the Bible, the university would undoubtedly reject the request.

“I see no difference in this situation,” Grayson wrote.

The student’s religious identity is unclear because human rights rules bar a professor from asking a student their religion. However, based on the student’s name, Grayson surmised that he is either an Orthodox Jew or Muslim.

Jewish and Muslim scholars from York told Grayson that neither religion instructs a man to avoid interacting with women in public.

“Unless he is asked to be physical with a female student, which I assume he isn’t, there is absolutely no justification for not interacting with females in public space,” an Islamic scholar wrote to the professor.

The professor took the dean’s ruling to a department meeting. Other professors agreed with Grayson and passed a motion refusing any student accommodations if they marginalize a student, faculty member or teaching assistant.

The following day, Grayson used this justification to reject the student’s request.

The professor insisted that the student at the centre of the controversy is not a zealot. In fact, he later agreed to work with his assigned group, many of whom were women.

“I cannot expect that everything will perfectly suit what I would consider an ideal situation,” the student wrote. “I will respect the final decision, and do my best to accommodate it. I thank you for the way you have handled this request, and I look forward to continuing in this course.”

Regardless, Grayson may face consequences for defying the dean’s decision and creating a new departmental policy to justify his stance.

“My union has told me that under the circumstances I could be subject to disciplinary measures,” Grayson said.

He doubts that will happen.

“It would open such a can of worms for the university trying to sanction someone from, basically, expressing them self.”

The university did not answer Torstar News Service’s questions as to whether Grayson will be reprimanded.

The incident is the latest clash between religious values and Ontario’s secular education system.

Catholic schools resisted a call by Queen’s Park to allow so-called gay-straight student clubs because of the Vatican’s historic stand against homosexuality. But the government insisted such clubs be permitted as a tool against bullying — and a nod to Ontario’s commitment to freedom of sexual orientation.

Similar debate erupted in 2011 when a Toronto school in a largely Muslim neighbourhood allowed a Friday prayer service in the school cafeteria so that students would not leave for the mosque and not return.

However fewer cases have taken place at the post-secondary level.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/903...rights-debate/
    Last edited by Helen; 01-10-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Member Member
    It is an outrage that a student's mere declaration is a factor in anything.

Accommodating on the basis of objectively testable characteristics like gender, handicap, or race makes sense. Claiming religion is like claiming sexual orientation: them are just words without proof so anybody can claim whatever they want because it's beneficial to them. A guy could be a raving lunatic atheist, claim that he is a muslim and he would still have to be accommodated under their insane way of looking at civil rights.

With more companies providing insurance benefits for "partners", two perfectly normal hetero buddies who share an apartment can claim to be homosexuals and play the system, with the rest of us paying for it. But, as some claim, miracles happen and two gays may one day produce a gorgeous, healthy baby.
    Last edited by Richard; 01-10-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Member Member
    The following is from a GAO report:

Warrants for murder:
    Phoenix: 83% of warrants are for illegal immigrants
    New Mexico: 86%
    California: 89%

Inmates:
    25% of inmates in California are Mexican Nationals,
    40% of inmates in Arizona are Mexican Nationals
    49% of inmates in New Mexico are Mexican Nationals

Property crimes:
    53% of burglaries in CA, N.M., Nevada, Arizona and Texas are committed by illegals
    71% of stolen cars recovered in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and California were stolen by illegals

And this is why we want to put them on a quick path to citizenship or at least give them green cards so we won't have to debate if they should be called ILLEGAL or just UNDOCUMENTED.

And when we are done with this, we should open welcoming centers for the 30 million of their relatives and hope that, once they are re-united with their loved ones, they will mellow down and live happy and peaceful lives just like you and me.

Itīs just stupid to privilege the illegal ones over the ones who respected the law.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

Member Member
    I am not sure if your comment is in opposition to my recommendations. Just in case, and in a way of clarification, there is a gallon of sarcasm in my post. This is how I make sure that nobody can accuse me being mean.

I think I found he sarcasm in your post before I replied.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information