Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steven Alexander Hobbs Sentenced to 2 Life Sentences in TX Cold Case Murders of Patricia Pyatt and Sara Sanford

I’m sure DeSantis would be signing warrants if it wasn’t for COVID-19. Also Rhoades is the first warrant Ogg has signed since 2019, both of which were stayed. Robert Jennings was given a date in July 2018
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

“Covid” isn’t an excuse. 2 years is rather ridiculous for a “conservative” like DeSantis. DeSantis at this point has a silent moratorium on executions. If Trump executed at a time when COVID was in far worse shape DeSantis can do so too. Covid’s just an excuse to stop executions.

Wilso
    My thoughts exactly. Also he had a period before COVID where he signed no death warrants.

Steven Alexander Hobbs sentenced to two life sentences after pleading guilty to capital murder charges

The former security guard was accused of preying on sex workers in east Harris County

By Jaime E. Galvan
    KHOU News

HOUSTON — It's a case that goes back more than a decade, but on Monday morning, a former security guard accused of preying on sex workers in east Harris County pleaded guilty to two murder charges.

Steven Hobbs was sentenced to two life sentences to be served consecutively as part of the plea agreement. He will not be eligible for parole until the age of 101.

It was 2011 when investigators finally put the pieces together and arrested Hobbs. He's been waiting for his trial ever since.

Jury selection was actually set to start Monday morning for the trial but he instead agreed to the plea deal. Just before he took the plea deal, prosecutors said Hobbs changed his mind after what appeared to be an emotional moment with his family. Hobbs will hear victim impact statements on Friday.

“While I can’t speak to his exact mindset, I think he recognized how much pain and embarrassment was going to come to his own family when we brought all of the evidence to light,” prosecutor Sarah Seely said.

Hobbs was charged in connection with the shooting death of Sara Sanford, a sex worker whose nude, handcuffed body was found in October of 2010.

In 2011, he was charged also with murder in the cold case of another sex worker, Patricia Pyatt, whose body was found on the banks of the San Jacinto River in November 2002.

Pyatt, a mother of five who was also from Crosby, was strangled with such force that there were broken bones in her neck, investigators said.

Investigators said the cases were linked by DNA evidence.

“This defendant terrified and brutalized the women he attacked, but now families will be spared enduring a trial and he will be locked away until he is nearly 100 years old,” Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said. “He avoided being sent from county jail to state prison as long as he could, but with this sentence, justice has been served and Steven Hobbs will never again set foot in Harris County.”

Hobbs had been jailed since his arrest in 2011, making him the longest-serving inmate of the Harris County Jail. Under the terms of his plea agreement, Hobbs gets credit for the 10 years he has already been jailed.

"Steven Hobbs is a predator, and he’s been a predator for at least a decade," HCSO Homicide Lt. Rolf Nelson said back in 2011.

Hobbs was already in jail when he was charged with murder. He had been charged in connection with the sexual assaults of three prostitutes in Pasadena. That is when Harris County investigators linked him to the murders.

Prosecutors said the deal will allow them to focus trial resources on other cases that have been waiting.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...6-68ec1f585deb
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information