Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malcolm Joseph Robbins, Jr. - California

Malcolm Joseph Robbins, Jr. - California

Facts of the Crime:

Sentenced to death in Santa Barbara County on May 12, 1983 for kidnapping and breaking the neck of Christopher Finney, 6, on June 15, 1980 in Isla Vista.

On March 23, 1992, the California Supreme Court affirmed Robbins' sentence on direct appeal.

http://scocal.stanford.edu/opinion/p...-roberts-30925

On August 3, 1998, the California Supreme Court denied Robbins' habeas petition.

http://scocal.stanford.edu/opinion/re-robbins-31786

Robbins seems to have completely dropped off the radar. I can't find anything at all about any federal appeals.

He was a serial murderer of children. Various police agencies across the country interviewed him in regards to missing or murdered young boys.

August 8, 1981

DRIFTER GIVEN LIFE IN DEATH OF BOY, 9

BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) — A young drifter from Maine, described by a Dallas detective as ''one of those double-bad people,'' received a life sentence yesterday for the rape and murder of a 9-year-old Vineland boy.

The defendant - Malcolm Joseph Robbins Jr., 21, of Rockland, Me. - received a life sentence with no chance of parole for 30 years in the sexual assault and death of Evan Bailey, who was abducted from a Vineland parking lot on Nov. 17, 1980. He pleaded guilty to the charges on April 27.

Judge Steven Z. Kleiner of Superior Court also sentenced Mr. Robbins to two consecutive 15-year terms, concurrent with his life term, for aggravated sexual assault and kidnapping. The judge said he hoped Mr. Robbins would never be released.
    Last edited by Helen; 02-01-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Junior Member Stranger
    Robbins is on death row in CA. I don't understand how a news article said he was given life. He is the longest resident of death row in CA. He killed children but also a teenaged boy that I know about in WVA. He disposed of the boy's body in ME.

justthisguyincolo
    Robbins was charged with murdering my brother John in 1980. My brother John is the 15-year-old Sunnyvale, CA teen that was found murdered just over the California border in Douglas County, NV.

Robbins was only charged & convicted in 2 states; California & New Jersey.

You will see mention of 4 or 5 boys that he murdered but if you dig deeper it appears he murdered more. He drove from Maine to California & back in 1979/1980.

You hear of boys from West Virginia, Maine, etc. These are not the 4 or 5 boys you see mentioned.

Robbins is still alive on death row at San Quentin. From my research; he is the longest serving inmate on death row.

I suspect, by the extreme nature of the murders, that these 4 or 5 boys are only the tip of the ice burg.

I believe that a national level task force needs to be formed to find out how many more victims we might have out there.

Technology has advanced.

You do not start out murdering by mutilating your victims. Cutting their heads off. Lighting their bodies on fire. Raping their corpses.

This was no amateur. Robbins was seasoned.

Senior Member Member
    I'm sorry he did that to your brother.

Flttrbye
    The teenager that was killed in WVA was my brother. They found his remains once the ground thawed in Maine. He is now buried in WVA with his maternal grandmother.
    Last edited by Flttrbye; 02-27-2015 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added more text

Senior Member Frequent Poster joe_con's Avatar
    This guy has lived too long, and he needs to be put down. I don't support every execution that takes place, but I would gladly put this monster to death myself.

Junior Member Stranger
    Your brother has not been forgotten. He was a good young man who was a victim of a monster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information