Thread: Should executions be more painful?

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar

Should executions be more painful?

I have often wondered if i would be satisfied with watching a person put to death, or watch someone put to sleep, and actually hear them snoring to their death make me more angry...We follow the execution calendar with great anticipation that justice will be served, only to be disappointed how humane they are put to death...

Junior Member Stranger
    I'm an human being, not a beast. I don't take delight seeing another person tortured. They are put to sleep, they die, they pay, that's enough for me.

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    The whole point of the DP is that the condemned pay with their life in an act of justice. However that said nothing in life is ever pain free. So what if the inmate has a little pain? their pain is nothing compared to what most victims suffered in the minutes before theirs. So I can't understand the Anti's making such a big deal as in the case of Dennis McGuire who victims suffered far more then he did and by victims I included her unborn child.

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    I'm an human being, not a beast. I don't take delight seeing another person tortured. They are put to sleep, they die, they pay, that's enough for me.
    spot on
    Justice should not depend on the size of your bank balance or colour of your skin !

Obviously not.
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    All good responses, and it makes my point to all the antis who think we are out for blood...but...having said that, i still think death by electrocution, or by hanging should still be the method of execution used by all states...

Junior Member Stranger San Quentin's Avatar
    I think it would be simplest, and cheapest, to go Belarus' route and fire a single bullet into the brain. It might actually be painless; I have no clue. But it's painful to think about, and I think the scare part of the DP is important to an extent.

Thread Information