Thread: What a difference.......

Member Member

Talking What a difference.......

Got an Android phone. Much better functionality with this site. My smart phone had some issues. Don't know why. Platform maybe? Yes......I'm a tad bored. Sorry for the stolen minutes of your life. Nice to get away from all the murder and mayhem for a second tho, right? :0)
    “Ninety-nine percent have made peace with their God. Their victims didn’t have that choice.”

“You're not entitled to a pain-free execution.”

I use an Android phone too for this site and the forum works well but I don't think chat works.

We don´t have active support for a mobile device. Whenever we upgrade to vBulletin 5 it´s possible to support the mobile devices. Actualy it´s just a low percentage of the members who visit the site with a mobile device.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

It grows more every day. More and more people access the internet ONLY through mobile. Would be nice if chat worked with Android.

It´s a matter of money TKE.

We use a free chat-addon modified for our site. An external hosted chat which works on a mobile device too is about $50-$100 per month. The mobile addon for the site is about $150 (one time price). This is too expensive. The hosting fees increased during the last two years. Actually we´re on the highest shared server level. Actually the site has some downtimes due to the high traffic. A semi dedicated or dedicated server or a server in the cloud would quadruple (and more) the monthly costs. The whole site is paid for by the team and the donations of the members.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

For what it's worth, chat works on my Android phone.
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It´s a matter of money TKE.

We use a free chat-addon modified for our site. An external hosted chat which works on a mobile device too is about $50-$100 per month. The mobile addon for the site is about $150 (one time price). This is too expensive. The hosting fees increased during the last two years. Actually we´re on the highest shared server level. Actually the site has some downtimes due to the high traffic. A semi dedicated or dedicated server or a server in the cloud would quadruple (and more) the monthly costs. The whole site is paid for by the team and the donations of the members.
    I see what you're saying. All I'm saying is the chat doesn't work on my phone but I'm not blaming you or Heidi. As cell phones get more advanced it should work.

Jan
    I use my iPhone sometimes and I don't have any problems with it. Chat works fine!

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    I've only just got myself an android phone and am still getting used to all the things I can now do that I didn't know I would ever need to do. This site works fine on it although I'm sure that it would be even easier with a dedicated app like Facebook uses. I guess I'll just have to see where this new gadget takes me.

One thing I really like though, I can dictate my posts to my phone, love the voice recognition

I've been using an android since I joined and everything on the site works great including chat. A big thanks to Heidi and all the moderators for the great job you do

Thread Information