Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Craig Michael Wood - Missouri Death Row

Nah this is his direct appeal. He still has to file a habeas appeal at the trial court which will eventually go to the Missouri Supreme Court. Hes got a few years before he exhausts his state appeals.

High court declines to hear death row appeal for Springfield's Craig Wood

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear appeals from two death row inmates, including Springfield's Craig Wood.

Lawyers for both asked whether juries must find all facts necessary to impose a death sentence or whether judges can play a role. The high court, as is usual, didn't comment in turning away the cases.

Wood is on death row after being convicted of kidnapping, raping and killing 10-year-old Hailey Owens in 2014. The jury that convicted Woods couldn't decide whether to sentence him to death or life in prison without parole. That left the decision up to the judge who oversaw Wood's trial.

The other case involves a Nebraska death row inmate.

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Hig...569790631.html
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member Member
    He should have his post-conviction relief pending at the Missouri Supreme Court right?

I just looked him up on the MDOC website and he is nearly 400 pounds, 392 to be specific.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    How the hell does this happen?

Probably his parents sending him money, and he's spending all on junk food.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Speaking of which, after the death of Donald Bess, the most obese death row inmate in Texas is Gary F Green who is 365 pounds.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

On March 2, 2023, Wood filed a habeas petition in federal district court.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/mi...mc09002/168383

Craig Wood is in Greene County Jail again, awaiting hearing to fight his death sentence

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - The convicted killer of Hailey Owens, Craig Wood, is back in the Greene County Jail as he awaits a new hearing this week.

According to the Greene County Jail website, Wood was transferred to the jail on Friday afternoon.

Court records show Wood is scheduled to have a three-day evidentiary hearing starting Monday to try and vacate his death sentence.

Wood was sentenced to death in 2018 for the 2014 death of Hailey Owens. The 10-year-old was walking on the sidewalk near Westport K-8 School on her way home from a friend’s house.

She was kidnapped by Craig Wood. He took her back to his house on E. Stanford Street, six miles away, where he raped and killed her in his basement.

Since his sentencing, his attorneys have tried to overturn his death sentencing, but the Missouri Supreme Court has ruled against it.

https://www.ky3.com/2024/03/24/craig...eath-sentence/

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information