Thread: Newbie

cindyaoh

Smile Newbie

Hello all:

Completely entranced by the site with all the banter and thought provoking convos!

And just as an FYI - I am pro DP; however, consider myself a liberal! I'm sure that comment will engender some serious commenting!

Senior Member CnCP Addict Stro07's Avatar
    Welcome to the site, cindyaoh.

Hi Cindy, and welcome to the site! You'll find that there are actually a surprising number of liberals here, including yours truly (basically), who just aren't liberal about certain things such as murder.

Liberal is perhaps the most debased word in history — particularly after it was adopted in American politics to mean "anything even mildly left of centre." At heart I am in many ways an unrequited leftist, yet on other matters I am a staunch right-winger. What does that make me? Frequently do I resist any effort to pigeon-hole me into a single category as it is simply inapposite. You are not misplaced on this forum.
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    Liberal is perhaps the most debased word in history — particularly after it was adopted in American politics to mean "anything even mildly left of centre." At heart I am in many ways an unrequited leftist, yet on other matters I am a staunch right-winger. What does that make me? Frequently do I resist any effort to pigeon-hole me into a single category as it is simply inapposite. You are not misplaced on this forum.
    Really? What issue is slightly to the right for you in American Politics?
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

cindyaoh
    Thanks for the welcome! I too, find myself on the left side with regard to some issues and on the right side on others, such as murder and a strong armed services (the latter could be because I am an Air Force brat). I have long stated that there needs to be a "middle of the road" party for those of us who don't really fit completely into either democrat or republican categories! On another note, did the TX execution go down last night?

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    There is no middle ground, just grey areas when it comes to politics...No side is perfect, and that is done by design, because as Americans we all have our own core believes, so no side will fit all the things we believe in, you just vote for the side who will support and fight for the most important issues you believe in. No matter what it comes down to picking the lesser of 2 evils....

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Really? What issue is slightly to the right for you in American Politics?
    Huh?
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

Thread Information