Thread: Hello from South Carolina

PalmettoPatriot

Hello from South Carolina

Hello to all, I have been lurking as a guest for quite some time and figured it was time to join up.

I am a 41 year old male born and living in South Carolina. I am very happily married to the most beautiful and wonderful woman on the planet. We have a daughter who just turned one year old in May.

I have been interested in the death penalty since I was a young fellow. I remember watching the news here and seeing the reports of inmates being executed in CCI in the early 1980's. The images of the whole thing are very vivid to me, the recap of the crime, interviews with the various figures, and then an artist's sketch of the condemned in the electric chair. Once I stayed awake after hearing an execution was to occur. I remember thinking "ok they should have him in the chair by now.... ok they have probably taken his last statement....".

Being from South Carolina means I am most familiar with South Carolina killers like Larry Bell and Donald "Pee Wee" Gaskins. In fact when we visit Myrtle Beach every year we drive through the areas that Gaskins did his infamous work.

A few years back I worked in a hospital. Part of my duties were handling the bodies being brought into and discharged from our morgue. I was able to see the carnage that violence can cause first hand. I have seen many murder victims, and have seen from my vantage point in the emergency department the horrors that occur every day.

I'm certain by this point you are all wondering my position on the death penalty. I'll not keep you waiting any longer. I am pro death penalty and am proud of it! At any rate I hope you all have a good evening and thanks for having me on board.

Welcome to the site Palmetto.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!

Hello and welcome to the site.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Jan
    Welcome Palmetto!

Senior Member Frequent Poster elsie's Avatar
    Welcome!
    Proverbs 21:15 "When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evil doers."

PalmettoPatriot
    Thank you all for your warm welcomes.

Hopefully I can contribute and be an asset to the forum.

Welcome to the site. I´m looking forward to your posts.
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

Thread Information