Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustavo Tijerina Sandoval - Texas Death Row

Gustavo Tijerina Sandoval - Texas Death Row

Javier Vega, Jr.

Gustavo Tijerina (left) and Ismael Hernandez (right)

Two Men To Be Charged With Capital Murder In Killing Of Border Patrol Agent

Two men are facing capital murder charges in the shooting death of an off-duty Border Patrol agent Sunday night.

Related:

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/st...5#.U-EbuxEsKUk

The two were tracked down and taken into custody near Sebastian early Monday morning, several hours after agent Javier Vega Junior was shot and killed, and his father wounded.

It happened around 8 Sunday night as Vega and family members were fishing off the levee east of Santa Monica in Willacy County.

Sheriff Larry Spence says the suspects drove up in a maroon SUV, and with weapons drawn, tried to rob the family. Vega reportedly pulled his weapon, and one of the suspects then opened fire. There was an exchange of gunshots, Vega was struck in his chest, his father in the hip.

The 36-year-old Vega died on the way to the hospital. His father is still there and is recovering. The two suspects are to be arraigned on the capital murder charges today.

Vega, who works as a Border Patrol agent in Kingsville, had been in the Valley with his wife and three sons visiting his parents in La Feria.

http://www.kurv.com/local/3856
    Last edited by Helen; 08-05-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

​Edited

Border Agent Murdered by Illegals Who were Repeatedly Deported

Two illegal immigrants from Mexico who were charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of an off-duty U.S. Border Patrol agent in front of his family in Texas have been arrested and deported numerous times, police sources told FoxNews.com.

One suspect has been arrested no fewer than four times for entering the U.S. illegally, according to federal court records. The other has been deported twice after entering the U.S. illegally, sources said.

Gustavo Tijerina, 30, and Ismael Hernandez, 40, were arraigned Tuesday afternoon inside the Willacy County jail library. They were ordered held without bail after being charged with capital murder of a peace officer, attempted murder, and a variety of lesser charges.

The pair, who have been living in Texas illegally, confessed after being interviewed multiple times Monday to killing Border Patrol agent Javier Vega Jr. in front of his wife and two kids and his parents Sunday night while they were fishing in Santa Monica, Sheriff Larry Spence told FoxNews.com.

They finally confessed to the robbery and indicated they knew they had killed someone, but did not know it was an off-duty Border Patrol agent, Spence said in an interview in his office Tuesday morning.

The sheriff said the two suspects were likely connected to cartels or other criminal gangs.

Time and time again Tijerina came to the attention of the police and was found to be in the country illegally. He was given trivial fines and put in jail for periods ranging from 30 days to 9 months. Then he was sent packing across the border, but since it is undefended, he bounced right back again.

Finally he got caught killing someone. With luck he will be locked up for a little longer this time or better still executed.

http://moonbattery.com/?p=48843
    Last edited by Helen; 08-06-2014 at 03:54 PM.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

I say these two are going to Polunsky in a few years. Anyone else agree?

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    I hope they are found guilty. They wanted to be in the U.S. so bad they can stay at Polunsky and and face Texas-style justice. How is that for their American dream?

Jan
    Why do you hope this? If it was capital murder and they committed it, a jury will find them guilty. If it wasn't capital murder or others committed the crime, they will be acquitted.
    I don't judge until a court of law finds someone guilty!

But when you say you hope there will be a guilty verdict it indicates that you hope they get a tougher guilty verdict than the state can prove. If there is enough evidence you should just lean back and follow the news/trial.

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    OK, Jan, here are my reasons. First, they confessed though they claim they didn't know he was a border agent. Unless the confessions are suppressed there is a good chance they will be found guilty. Second, our country is having many problems with Mexicans coming across our borders shooting and killing innocent property owners so they can transport their illegal drugs. These people have no regard for human life whatsoever. Hopefully, this will send a message that the U.S., especially the border states, will no longer put up with criminals jumping the fence when they feel like it to commit their crimes.

Texas Family Unknowingly Helped Murder Suspects

By Sarah Figalora
    ABC News

A Texas woman says her family is still recovering from the shock of learning that the two strangers they let into their home were on the run from authorities who allege that the men had fatally shot an off-duty border patrol officer.

“They just knocked on the door and they asked for some water and to charge their phones, that was it,” the woman, who requested anonymity, told ABC affiliate KRGV-TV in southern Texas of the two men who she said knocked on her door just past midnight early Monday morning.

Little did the Willacy County family know at the time that Gustavo Tijerina, 30, and Ismael Hernandez Vallego, 40, were reportedly fleeing the cops after allegedly slaying off-duty U.S. Border Patrol Agent Javier Vega Jr. while attempting to rob the agent and his family, who were reportedly fishing at the time.

Authorities say they received a report of a shooting around 8 p.m. Sunday, and that the vehicle in which Tijerina and Vallego were traveling broke down along the road, which is when the two murder suspects reportedly walked over 3 miles to the family’s home, according to KRGV.

“They looked harmless, they didn’t look like they had just committed a crime or anything,” the woman told KRGV, also adding that her son had first opened the door.

“They just said they just got into a fight with some family members, and that was basically it,” the woman added. “They weren’t rude, they weren’t mean.”

The woman told KRGV that the men then asked for a place to stay, which is when she said she showed them to her backyard shed.

After reportedly hearing police helicopters in the area and seeing law enforcement patrolling her neighborhood, the woman asked one of the officers whether they were searching for anyone in particular, which is when she said she led the officers to the two men in her shed, according to KRGV.

Tijerina and Hernandez have been charged with capital murder, attempted capital murder, four counts of aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence, according to KRGV.

Both were denied bond, the station reported. It’s unclear whether the men have entered a plea or have lawyers. The Willacy County court referred questions to the Sheriff’s Office, which declined to provide details to ABC News.

A Sheriff’s Office representative told ABC News that the case was under investigation and that no other official information could be released.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-famil...ry?id=24868892

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Media, Family Barred From Arraignment Of Illegal Aliens Suspected Of Murder

By Robert Gehl
    downtrend.com

The media and family of a murdered border patrol agent by Mexican Nationals were denied access to their arraignments by the county sheriff.

Willacy County, Texas, Sheriff Larry Spence said he feared a jailbreak at the arraignment and denied the media and family for “security reasons.”

The arraignment was held Tuesday afternoon in the Willacy County Jail.

Tijerina, who is believed to be the shooter, reportedly asked for a Bible during the arraignment and to call his family.

Hernandez said he didn’t understand what he was being accused of and said through a translator he didn’t “have any money for food, much less pay for anything”

While both men are illegal aliens, they each gave local addresses.

Vega was a Marine Corps veteran and served on the Border Patrol for six years. He was married with three children.

During the encounter, Vega was able to return fire, disabling the suspects’ vehicle, which was found a few moles away.

Vega’s sister -in-law Natalie Gardere Vega mourned the loss of the young man on Facebook.

‘I will never understand why we have such heartless people in this world! An amazing man was taking (sic) from his family way to soon! Please keep my family in y’all’s prayers! Especially his 3 boys and wife!

‘And my father in law who is still in the hospital! We love you and will forever miss you Javier Vega Jr.!!!’

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/medi...Downtrend.com)

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Funeral Held For Javier Vega Jr.

KINGSVILLE - A funeral services were held for the Kingsville border patrol agent killed over the weekend.

Javier Vega Junior was laid to rest near Harlingen.

Family, friends, and law enforcement officers from across the state attended the funeral.

Investigators in he was killed during an attempted robbery that also left his father injured.

Two Mexican nationals, Ismael Hernandez and Gustavo Tijerina are charged with capital murder in connection with his death.

http://www.kztv10.com/news/funeral-h...vier-vega-jr-/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

'I will not rest until these worthless pieces of s**t are dead': Anguished vow of mother who watched two illegal immigrants - who had been deported SIX times before - gun down her off-duty Border Patrol son

By Will Payne
    The Daily Mail

A mother who watched her cop son gunned down in front of her, his wife and his children allegedly at the hands of two illegal immigrants has vowed not to rest until his 'worthless piece of s**t' killers are dead.'

Heartbroken Marie Vega was on a family fishing trip with her husband Javier, son Javier Jr., his wife Paola and their three children when they were ambushed by two armed Mexican illegal immigrants who have been deported SIX times before in total.

Javier Jr and his father bravely tried to fight them off, but the off-duty Border Patrol Agent was fatally shot in the chest and Javier Sr was blasted in the hip.

Mexican nationals Gustavo Tijernia, 30 and Ismael Hernandez, 40 fled the scene and were arrested hours later after a huge man hunt.

The ruthless killing has again highlighted the border crisis plaguing the Obama administration which is struggling to contain a huge wave of illegal immigration across the border with Mexico which has stretched authorities to breaking point this year.

On Tuesday devastated Marie posted an emotionally charged message on her Facebook page alongside a picture of her beloved son.

Marie, who works as a photographer, wrote: 'My sweet sweet baby. I failed you oh sweet child of mine. I was supposed to protect you and keep you safe. I failed to save your life. I wish a million times I had died and not you. You are my life, my heart was ripped out when I lost you. I will not rest until these worthless pieces of s*** are dead.'

Hundreds of law enforcement officers turned out for Javier Vega's mass, held at St. Francis Xavier Church in La Feria on Thursday. The car lot was packed with State Trooper Vehicles, local police cars and SUV's from Javier's colleagues in The Border Patrol.

His devastated family, including his injured father, Javier Snr arrived in a white limousine, behind a hearse.

As his coffin was carried out at the end of the ceremony, officers held up the flags of The Border Patrol, The US Marine Corp and The Stars and Stripes.

Javier was a Border Patrol veteran of six years and had previously served in the U.S. Marine Corp, like his brother Jordy.

On Sunday he travelled to his favorite fishing hole around 20 minutes north of La Feria with his mother, father, wife and three boys Javier Vega III, Jiovanni, and Jarod.

Tijernia and Hernandez pulled up to the secluded spot in a car and tried to rob them at gun point.

When Javier bravely reached for his weapon, they shot him in the chest. TheBlaze reported that his last words were 'keep shooting, dad'. It is believed Javier Sr then grabbed the gun and shot at the robbers, but was blasted in the hip. He has now been released from hospital.

Willacy County Sheriff Larry Spence told TheBlaze that Marie even picked up an AR-15 rifle and shot at the suspects' vehicle as the suspects fled.

They eventually crashed their car and took refuge in a neighbor's house. The home owner alerted Border Patrol officers to their location and scores of agents moved in to arrest them.

They were arraigned on Tuesday and charged with capital murder, attempted capital murder, four counts of aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence.

Fox News has reported Tijernia - who is the alleged gunman - could also face charges in connection with a string of similar attacks in Cameron County over the last six weeks, believed to be linked to the infamous Gulf Cartel.

The ruthless crime syndicate is one of the oldest, most established in Mexico and is based out of the suspects' home town of Matamoros, directly across the border from Brownsville, Texas.

Its primary business is drug smuggling, but it also operates through protection rackets, assassinations, extortions and kidnappings. It is believed it has recently branched out into robbing U.S. citizens, before smuggling their belongings back across the border.

Fox News claims sources have informed them Tijernia is expected to be charged with four counts of aggravated robbery and one conspiracy organized crime charge.

They state one of Tijernia's earlier victims was another off-duty Border Patrol agent who was also out fishing when he was robbed.

The crew would fire warning shots at fishermen, before ordering them to hand over jewelry, cash and keys to their cars, Fox News states.

On Tuesday the station also reported both Tijernia, 30 and Hernandez, 40 had been arrested and deported numerous times.

According to court records, Tijerina, who also goes by the name Tijerina-Sandoval, pleaded guilty to entering the U.S. illegally on July 9, 2007. He was given a 30-day sentence with credit for time served and charged a $10 fee.

Three months later, on Oct. 4, he was again found guilty of entering the country illegally and was sentenced to 60 days in jail and $10 fee. In a criminal complaint, he said he entered the U.S.on Sept. 1 and was confronted by border patrol agents near Weslaco, Texas, on Oct. 3. He had waded across the Rio Grande River near Progreso, Mexico, court records show.

A year later, on Oct. 25, 2008, he again entered the U.S by crossing the river. On Nov. 18, 2008, he was given 90 days in jail and another $10 special assessment fee.

On Dec. 15, 2009, Tijerina was indicted by a grand jury on charges of entering the U.S. illegally yet again.

The indictment says he 'had previously been denied admission, excluded, deported and removed, knowing and unlawfully was present in the United States having been found near Edinburg, Texas.'

Court records say he had not obtained permission from the U.S. attorney general and the secretary of homeland security to reapply for admission into the U.S.

A warrant was issued for his arrest stating he faced up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

He was held without bond on Jan. 26, 2010 and was given nine months in jail and fined $100.

Sources confirmed to Fox News that these cases involved the same Tijerina who is accused of slaying of Javier Vega.

The sources also said Hernandez, the second suspect, has been deported twice for entering the U.S. illegally.

These shocking revelations come at a time when the government is under intense scrutiny over its immigration policy and control of the U.S. border with Mexico.

President Obama faces a growing humanitarian crisis as more than 57,000 children have arrived unaccompanied at the border. Lawmakers have expressed concern that gang members and criminals have slipped in as authorities struggle to deal with the flood.

Obama has called on Congress to quickly approve his request for $3.7 billion in emergency funding to deal with the crisis amid calls from some Republicans to deploy the National Guard at the border.

Javier Vega's murder has sent shockwaves through the local community.

Yesterday Border Patrol's Chief Patrol Agent Kevin Oaks said: 'Words cannot express our sorrow for the loss of our brother, when we lose one of our own, it feels as if we've lost a beloved member of our own family.

'I wish to express to his family and friends my deepest condolences. May the peace that comes from the memories of the time you shared together, comfort you now and in the difficult days ahead.'

'The Kingsville Station is at a loss,'said Kingsville Station Acting Patrol Agent in Charge Arnold Perez.

'Not only did Javier strive to be the best agent and K-9 handler, but he also made it a point to develop and truly care about his friendships.'

The National Border Patrol Council has set up a memorial fund for Javier's widow and his three children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz39lvu8ann

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information