Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geoff the hangman

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff the hangman View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    As for the taxi test, it's called "the knowledge" in London and it took me 4 years and 7 months to pass, and it's the hardest thing I've ever done.
    Looking forward to joining the X night chat later this week
    Woah! My PhD didn't even take that long!

Plus driving in London certainly requires a degree of driving skill above the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKindExecutioner View Post
    Welcome Geoff! We are the 2 executioners on here!

Can you please post a link to a study that shows the majority of Britain favor the death penalty?

Thanks
    I think it would be an exaggeration to say the British public is overwhelmingly in support of the death penalty. In fact, the closest thing to a poll I can think of were a pair of Downing Street regarding the reintroduction of and opposition to the death penalty and the opposition to petition had significantly more support.

On the other hand the point is somewhat moot since any debate on the death penalty here is purely academic, since the left wing and the EU has managed to shut down all debate on the subject. However, anecdotally speaking, I don't know many people who are absolutely opposed to the death penalty (and I work at a university which is a pretty left-wing environment), even if for the most part they oppose it, when questioned they'll usually carve out an exception or two to their general opposition, and I find most people start pondering when they learn that Japan has the death penalty, since they consider Japan to be an advanced society but consider the US to be a backwards one.

Junior Member Stranger
    Hi Richard, I agree, with hindsight I wish I had spent that time studying a subject more rewarding, but it does give me the opportunity to speak to loads of ordinary Londoners most of which want hanging restored, but you're right, it will never happen.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/266...g-back-hanging

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    Welcome to the community, Geoff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information