Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Jack Sully - California

Anthony Jack Sully - California

Anthony Jack Sully

Last mugshot before death

Facts of the Crime:

Former police officer Anthony "Jack" Sully, convicted of murdering six people at his Burlingame warehouse on February 7, 1983, was sentenced in San Mateo County to die in the gas chamber on July 15, 1986. Sully was arrested in August 1983 in connection with the slaying of Barbara Searcy, 22, of Oakland, who had been found shot in the head. A week later, he was accused of the slayings of three people found stuffed into steel drums discovered on the outskirts of San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.The nude bodies of a man and two men had been shot to death were found inside the drums. He was later accused of killing two young women whose bodies were found dumped along roads in San Mateo County. Prosecutors said Sully murdered his victims during orgies of sex and cocaine held at his Burlingame warehouse.

On June 26, 2008, Sully filed an appeal in the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit over the denial of his habeas petition in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cir.../ca9/08-99011/

A. Oakden
    Anthony Jack Sully has been on death row longer than my daughter lived. My daughter is Brenda Oakden and was 19 when she was murdered in 1983. has there been a date set?? any info on him and has there been a date set for death??. Thank you, my name is Alana Oakden:disgust::

Hello Alana and welcome to the site. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Apparently there has not been any progress in this case since the filing in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Roy W. Searcy Sr.
    Sully murdered my daughter Barbara Searcy. I would appreciate being contacted if there are any updates on Sully. May he burn in Hell...soon.

I am so sorry for your loss Mr. Searcy. I checked the Ninth Circuit last night, they still have not ruled on the case.

Shelley
    Jack was a family friend when I was young. He and my father both were peace officers in Millbrae ca. I visited him frequently at his warehouse on Rollins Road. Camped with him and his girlfriend beverly before he became a crazy man. He drove me home from my elementary school. I trusted him. I am blessed to have never been hurt and am horribly sorry for the loss of these people. I am saddened he is still alive and hope soon justice will be served.

July 16, 1986

Ex-Officer Sentenced to Death in 6 Killings, Tells Court: 'I'm Not a Monster'

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) — Former policeman Anthony (Jack) Sully, convicted in six gruesome 1983 murders, was sentenced on Tuesday to die in the gas chamber despite his plea for a new trial.

"I'm not a monster, a maniac nor am I subhuman," Sully, 41, said during a 40-minute courtroom speech. "I can and will say that I did not kill six people, but who will believe me?"

Superior Court Judge Gerald Ragan upheld the sentencing recommendation of the jury that convicted Sully on June 3 for the murders of five women and one man.

Sully's attorney, John Balliet, said his client didn't ask that the sentence be changed to life in prison because, "if he doesn't get a new trial, he would rather be on Death Row and be executed."

Six deputies lined the courtroom walls to guard against an outburst from the defendant during the sentencing. When he was convicted after a seven-week trial, Sully shouted obscenities at the jury and at court officials.

Sully, a former Millbrae policeman, was running an electrical contracting business from a Burlingame warehouse when he was arrested in August, 1983. Assistant Dist. Atty. Tom Stevens said Sully killed the six victims at the warehouse and disposed of the bodies "in a notorious fashion so he could dote on newspaper stories of their discoveries."

Sully was convicted in the slayings of Kathryn Barrett, 24; Barbara Searcy, 22; Gloria Jean Fravel, 24, and in the killings of three people who were shot in the heads and sealed in drums before being dumped in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. They were identified as Brendan Oakden, 19; Michael Thomas 24, and Phyllis Melendez, 20.

Source
    No murder can be so cruel that there are not still useful imbeciles who do gloss over the murderer and apologize.

ANTHONY SULLY V. ROBERT AYERS, JR.

In today's opinions, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals AFFIRMED the district court's denial of Sully's habeas corpus petition challenging a murder conviction and capital sentence.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

What is it with ex-cops turning into serial killers?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information