Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Politics

Is anyone else completely sick to their stomach of the mean twisted political commercials being run on TV 24/7 this election year? My mail is stuffed with political mailings like I have never seen before. The USA is in rapid decline. The actions of the people who are supposed to represent us in like a schoolyard fight. I watched the Gubernatorial debate the other night between Rick Scott and Charlie Crist. Every question asked of the two candidates spiraled out of control and instead of answering the question they BOTH used the time to bash the other. It was very bad to watch. This bickering between the parties is causing this so much bitterness and angst, that the electorate is making choice of which candidate is less bad. I am very scared for our great country. We need another Reagan to bring us together again. 9/11 and the death of Bin Laden brought every American together with pride and unity. The twisted reporting in the media drives a wedge between Conservatives and Liberals. I know I am ranting, but is there anyone else that sees this as the beginning of the end for America?

P.S How about press one for English press 2 for Spanish? Really? Isn't English our national language? Political correctness is turning us into France UGH.
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

English SHOULD be our national language but I don't think it is.

I just change the channel when I see stupid political ads. I haven't gotten much in the mail though. The GOP will likely take the senate. I just hope they can do something to stop Obama's ILLEGAL amnesty!

Obama should be deported if he tries to give MILLIONS of illegals residency!

Senior Member Member OperaGhost84's Avatar
    I so don't care what the ads have to say, I'm voting for Scott. Florida was in free-fall under Crist and all he said was "No Mas! I'm going to D.C.!" For everyone that hates Scott, nobody points out that if Crist didn't leave us high and dry, Scott never would've never run for Governor. Now he wants us to take him back? Screw that noise. I couldn't help but notice in that debate that all Crist could do was talk about what he's going to do while Rick Scott talked about he's already done.

PS: I'm voting for Scott because he signed 20 Death Warrants.
    I am vehemently against Murder. That's why I support the Death Penalty.

I already voted. For Scott and all the republicans on the ballot.
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

Why don't the members on here make predictions on who will win and who they WANT to win?

Eventhough I am mostly liberal I'm very upset about Obama ' s planned amnesty so I hope the GOP wins and they have the advantage and will likely win!

I voted by mail already: Cook County picks up the postage both ways, and I don't have to drive to the polling place and then try to find parking. My Republican/conservative vote doesn't count for much, anyway.

For 20 years I was an election judge in Cook County. I did it as my civic duty, sort of like serving on a jury: the hours sucked, and the pay worked out to about minimum wage.

In one off-year, "dogcatcher"-type election, things were slow, so I flipped through the voter rolls just for something to do. My polling place was in our precinct, with which I am thoroughly familiar. Our precinct has a lot of what are called "two-flats." These are small apartment buildings containing two apartments. And we have a fairly transient population. The City of Evanston also has strict maximum-occupancy laws. I found several two-flats with more than four registered voters. In one, I found 14 registered voters! Since it was only five doors down from us, I knew for sure there were only three voters living in that building (an unmarried mother with her four young children upstairs, and a married couple downstairs).

After that election, I called the county to point out the rampant voter over-registrations. They said they had no funds to deal with this problem. I then offered to help Cook County purge its voter rolls on my time with no charge to the county. My offer was declined. I resigned as a poll judge.

Several studies of voter fraud in Cook County have been done by watchdog groups. The consensus is that between 2% and 3% of the votes cast in Cook County are fraudulent, and sometimes as much as 5% in hotly-contested presidential election years. Since Cook County is about 40% of the population of the whole State of Illinois, there's no way a Republican can win a close election.

That is truly disgusting. They Libertards accuse Conservatives of voter fraud. I always get a kick out of democrats that try to let people vote without identification. Then they accuse us of being biased against minorities if we want photo ID required. This country is going to hell in a handbasket

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    I don't get the voter ID argument at all. Surely it's really simple to just tell the electorate in advance what forms of ID are accepted to vote (we get polling cards over here posted to your address months in advance, do you get those? They could say exactly what you need to vote) and anyone who doesn't have any such ID can simply be given one after applying? Then you just do sensible things like ensure that name changes (such as those caused by marriage) don't disenfranchise people, and voter fraud is solved without disenfranchising anyone.

With the proliferation of computers this has got to be really easy to implement. Sadly you appear to have one side using voter ID laws to disenfranchise demographics who vote against them and the other side opposing voter ID laws because they benefit from the types of fraud the system is currently susceptible to. It would be easy for someone non-partisan to sort this out, but no, everyone just wants to be in power.

Richard86, it would be relatively simple to set up a computerized voting system that's more or less immune to fraud.

But here in Cook County, if the Cook County Clerk (Richard Orr, Democrat) is to believed, their system can't even sort by street address!

Passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard86 View Post
    I don't get the voter ID argument at all. Surely it's really simple to just tell the electorate in advance what forms of ID are accepted to vote (we get polling cards over here posted to your address months in advance, do you get those? They could say exactly what you need to vote) and anyone who doesn't have any such ID can simply be given one after applying? Then you just do sensible things like ensure that name changes (such as those caused by marriage) don't disenfranchise people, and voter fraud is solved without disenfranchising anyone.

With the proliferation of computers this has got to be really easy to implement. Sadly you appear to have one side using voter ID laws to disenfranchise demographics who vote against them and the other side opposing voter ID laws because they benefit from the types of fraud the system is currently susceptible to. It would be easy for someone non-partisan to sort this out, but no, everyone just wants to be in power.
    The argument put forth here in Kansas was that "minorities" could not A) Afford the ID (even though the State conceided on this and is offering a free ID for voting purposes if you cannot afford it ((14 bucks for a 6 year ID)) B) That "minorities" had a harder time getting the proper docs for an ID (SS card, birth certificate)((I have no idea why it would be harder for blacks and hispanics to get these documents, then again, personal responsibility has alot to play in this)) and C) That old folks, senior citizens, usually do not have the needed documents and cannot get them. (They do a case by case review of "senior citizens" and if they can find a marriage record, property record, siblings, etc, they would provide them with a ID to vote with.)(This does not make sense, hell my grandmother had a valid drivers license into her 80s)

You need an ID for a library card, to cash a check, to open a bank account, to set up utilities, and a whole slew of other reasons. My thinking on why certain "minorities" do not have a valid ID is because they do not want one for legal reasons (warrants, child support, etc) or are simply illegal. THAT is the voting base that the Dems rely on, and why they fight so hard against voter ID laws. Remember that.

Election day is Tuesday and I too am sick of the ads, just want them to go away. Got 3 separate mailers including one from the Republican Party (I'm registered repub) reminding me in a "voting guide".

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyclassics View Post
    Richard86, it would be relatively simple to set up a computerized voting system that's more or less immune to fraud.

But here in Cook County, if the Cook County Clerk (Richard Orr, Democrat) is to believed, their system can't even sort by street address!
    There is a good reason it has been known as "CROOK COUNTY" since at least 1940 when my Grandparents were there for work on the railroad.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information