Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

For more than a century. And corruption is not just in Crook County.

My grandfather had plenty of tales to tell about when my great-grandfather was mayor of Naperville (in Will and DuPage Counties).

So what do you guys think? The GOP will likely win the senate?

Eventhough I am more liberal I want the GOP to win because of Obama ' s planned unconstitutional executive amnesty. Unfortunately I don't see how a GOP majority of 51 or 53 seats will change much except MAYBE slow down or curtail some of Obama's executive actions.

There is a story dated yesterday in the NY post that the NY Democratic party sent out mailers threatening registered Dems if the did not go out and vote. The Dems are on the way out. I think the kids in there 20's are starting to see how badly the democrats have handled the economy and national defense. Its nice to be a tree hugger, but $4 gas is hard to swallow.
    "I am the warden! Get your warden off this gurney and shut up! You are not in America. This is the island of Barbados. People will see you doing this." Monty Delk's last words.

But no NY senate race is being contested so why would they threaten them to go and vote?? Since mostly red states are in play the GOP has the advantage right off the bat.

TKE, New York State has a bunch of statewide offices (governor, etc.) on the ballot, as well as 27 representatives, some of which may be close races. The Democratic Party whipcrackers want to make sure all the registered Democrats vote — or else! Fine way to run a party, IMO.

Passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMetfan View Post
    There is a story dated yesterday in the NY post that the NY Democratic party sent out mailers threatening registered Dems if the did not go out and vote. The Dems are on the way out. I think the kids in there 20's are starting to see how badly the democrats have handled the economy and national defense. Its nice to be a tree hugger, but $4 gas is hard to swallow.
    Here is the letter being discussed.

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    I happen to be a registered NY voter and a Democrat and have not received anything like a letter you are referring to. Tuesday will be interesting as far as the race for Governor. Astorino is the County Executive where I live and I have met him several times. Since he was reelected County Executive he has yet to be performing his job full time in fact since he was sworn in for his second term he as actively sought out higher office neglecting cting the people of Westchester and in his first term cut vital services. Cuomo also lives near me and I see him from time to time. I think he is just another seasoned politician and like his father an anti death penalty person. At this point I have no idea who I am going to vote for I like Cuomo but not his stance on the death penalty but I loathe Astorino even more.

Trudie, don't you wish New York State had a "none of the above" option on the ballot?

Senior Member CnCP Addict TrudieG's Avatar
    Boy do I ever MC lol.

Do you guys think Cuomo will lose? I hate that wimp because he is against the death penalty.

Even Hillary Clinton is a fairly strong DP advocate. Stronger than Obama!

Heidi or someone why don't you do a poll on here if people lean Dem, lean GOP, or are independent? Or ask if conservative, liberal, or right in the middle?

Many people have some liberal and conservative values. I am mostly socially liberal but am anti amnesty and VERY pro DP yet anti gun.

I want to bring back the electric chair, gas chamber, and everything in between but I also want to BAN & CONFISCATE all guns!

Why don't the smileys work anymore??

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information