Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joshua Young Found Not Guilty in 2011 KY Slaying of Trey Zwicker

AUDIO: Police interview with Joshua Young

We're learning new details about the teenager who was murdered behind Liberty High School.

Joshua Young and his father Joshua Gouker are charged with Trey Zwicker's death. The police interview with Young was just released, along with transcripts from other police interviews.

For the first time, we're hearing from Young. In a police interview Young says he remembers his father Gouker with a gun back in May or June of 2011. Young says, "It was a silver gun. It wasn't a revolver. It was a pistol. It had the clip and when he cocked it, it slided back. You could cock it with your hand."

In a recent interview with WDRB News, Gouker claims he's the only one responsible for his step-son's death. But he won't say what weapon he used. Gouker says, "I'm not going to say right now. They don't have it."

But when Gouker was interviewed by police after Zwicker's murder, he told a different story. Gouker says Young told him he and Zwicker went to go smoke and after Zwicker put away his cell phone to check the time, Young hit him at least 15 times with a wooden baseball bat.

Click HERE to listen to the police interview.

Gouker says Young hit Zwicker fast and the teen went down and was shaking. He says Young continued to hit him because he said he hated his step-brother.

But Gouker is now coming to the defense of his son saying, "Josh is not a violent kid. He's not going to beat something to death with a bat."

Gouker says he was struggling with the fact his wife aborted their baby and was upset with Zwicker for stealing marijuana from him.

Young tells police they would all smoke together. He says, "It started off with my first home visit Christmas Eve. Then, ever time I visited him we smoked and then when I moved in, it was every day."

Young and Gouker are expected in court Friday morning to get ready for their trials.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19534888/n...f-trey-zwicker
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Teen murder suspect's attorney wants separate trial from father

As a father and son inch closer to trial for the murder of a teenager, one defendant's attorneys are asking for separate trials.

Joshua Gouker, 33, and Josh Young, 17, are accused of beating Trey Zwicker to death with a baseball bat outside Liberty High School in May 2011.

Young's attorney, Pete Schuler, wants the cases separated.

Schuler also said he will introduce some mental health records for his client at trial, not as part of his defense, but as a precaution.

"We're hoping there's not a conviction, but we have to plan for a penalty phase anyway. In any juvenile case, matters concerning a juvenile's past, his mental health and all that, would be relevant at sentencing,” Schuler said.

A judge will hear arguments about separating the trials at a hearing next month.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/...#ixzz2ILclHSOs

Teen murder defendant and father to stand trial together next month, judge rules

Mar. 22, 2013

A Jefferson Circuit Court judge ruled Friday that Joshua Gouker and his 17-year-old son Joshua Young will be tried together next month for the murder of Young’s teen step-brother.

Judge Barry Willett denied a motion from defense attorneys for both Gouker and Young to try the father and son separately. And Willett also rejected a request from Gouker’s attorney, Mark Hall, to postpone the April 15 trial.

Hall argued he needed more time to investigate evidence Young’s attorneys want to introduce at trial they say proves Gouker acted alone in bludgeoning Trey Zwicker, 14, at least 15 times with a baseball bat before leaving him to die in a creek bed behind Liberty High School on East Indian Trail in May 2011.

Willett set a March 29 hearing date, in part to determine what evidence Young’s attorneys will be able to put on against Gouker.

The teen’s defense wants to tell jurors that Gouker had "abnormal control" over several women who told police Young had confessed to the murder.

They accuse him of using "threats, sexual intimidation, actual violence and other diabolical means in an attempt to totally control their lives, do his bidding and parrot Mr. Gouker's false versions of the circumstances surrounding" the crime, according to court documents.

Hall declined to comment Friday on the evidence against Gouker or whether his client would testify.

Attorneys for Young also did not comment.

The trial is expected to last about two weeks. Neither defendant is facing the death penalty.

Gouker initially told police his son admitted sneaking out with Trey and without warning struck the boy on the head with a baseball bat.

Young, however, has blamed his father for the murder.

Gouker has repeatedly changed his story and now says he killed Trey in a fit of anger, acting alone, and his son had nothing to do with the crime.

Prosecutors have said they believe Gouker put his son up to the murder and helped him plan it.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...th-judge-rules

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    the father shouldnt be on trial as ordering a killing is speech hence protected by the 1st amendment
    Probably the most idiotic comment I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffects View Post
    James claimed to be a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. He is an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    James claimed to be a member of Westboro Baptist Church. He is an idiot!
    Ahh, now his stupidity makes sense. We all know about Westboro. Like you say Heidi, I wish stupid was painful, they all deserve it!

Senior Member Frequent Poster elsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffects View Post
    I agree!!!!!

Senior Member Member
    Hi,

This probably isn't the best thread to introduce myselfon. I've been lurking for years, and signed up months ago. I just wanted to chime in and say that I agree, that this was perhaps the most idiotic comment I've ever seen.

Thank you,

Derrick

Welcome to the site Derrick.

Family of teen murder suspect hold protest, asks for his release

Family members of a teenage murder suspect want him set free as he awaits trial.

Loved ones of Josh Young held a demonstration outside the judicial center Tuesday.

The 17-year-old and his father, Josh Gouker, are charged in the beating death of his step-brother Trey Zwicker in 2011.

Last week, the judge delayed the trial until July, but did not rule on a new motion to release Young on bond.

“He's helpless. He just needs to be back out here with us and he can still go to his trials. He can still do all this. But he can be out here with people that love him and can be there for him and help him. And it's just not fair. I don't think it's fair at all,” said Young’s aunt, Linda Lanham.

Another hearing in the case is scheduled for next week.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/...#ixzz2PPD6NyLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information