Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak

You guys have no idea what fear of a virus is. I lived through SARS which was way worse.

After Hong Kong, Toronto was ground zero and out of 375 people sick 44 died and they weren't old with underlying health conditions, they were young; a lot of them doctors and nurses.

I went to the grocery store today. Not surprised about the absence of hand santitizer and lysol wipes, but its a little weird seeing barely any toilet paper on the shelves.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

The fatality rate for people under 40 is 0.2% for Coronavirus. 23 and in perfect health here. My cousin, on the other hand, is under 40 (36) but has a shot liver. I'm sure he's quite worried about it.

Shep young children are safe; there are no confirmed deaths of those under 10.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by Shep3 View Post
    This whole thing is just stupid media fear mongering it’s literally nowhere near as deadly as the flue and unless you are an elderly person, young child, or some with prior medical ailments/autoimmune disease you are going to be perfectly fine.
    The fact that China a country notorious for not valuing human life. Was willing to shut down a majority of their cities after only a few thousand infections, tells me this is far worse than the "flu". Death rate is triple of the common flu.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-09-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Here is the John Hopkins live interactive map on coronavirus world wide. I think given the amount of people dead in Italy and Iran there must be way more cases not reported.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."

- Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

The percentage of deaths from “regular” flu are a fraction compared to this virus. And it’s spreading like wildfire. 11 hospital personnel here in Houston have been asked to self-quarantine after they were unknowingly exposed to a patient who later tested positive. That’s the danger. A person feels rotten and goes to the ER and exposes everyone who is already in a compromised condition. I’ve heard this Covid-19 is a “relative” of SARS and MERS.

-Dawn

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Now that you've jogged my memory I do recall you posting that you had a grandmother in her 80s. In that case it must be worrisome.
    Yeah, it was Ruben Gutierrez's thread. I've been raised by my maternal grandparents because my parents were always at work, so I've always loved them very much, more like a son than a nephew, and the same was for them. I still remember the grief when my grandfather, who was a retired Colonel in Italian Army, died back in 2005.

Here is a really great article about the under reporting in Iran and how they are responsible for the spread worldwide.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-seems/607663/

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by DStafford View Post
    The percentage of deaths from “regular” flu are a fraction compared to this virus. And it’s spreading like wildfire. 11 hospital personnel here in Houston have been asked to self-quarantine after they were unknowingly exposed to a patient who later tested positive. That’s the danger. A person feels rotten and goes to the ER and exposes everyone who is already in a compromised condition. I’ve heard this Covid-19 is a “relative” of SARS and MERS.

-Dawn
    Yes someone tested positive the other day and it was reported he rode the public transit. Next thing you know gov. workers are in hazmat suits spraying down the inside of buses. Apparently this virus can live on glass surfaces for up to 96 hours.

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

We are implementing new emergency measures in New Rochelle, which has the biggest cluster of Coronavirus cases in the state. Starting on Thursday for 2 wks, there will be a containment zone with a 1 mile radius around the site of the most cases in New Rochelle.

Large gathering places & schools in this area will be closed for 2 wks, starting Thursday until March 25. NY is partnering with Northwell Health to open a satellite testing facility there. We will deploy the National Guard to deliver food to homes & help clean public spaces.

These new emergency measures come at the recommendation of Health Commissioner Dr. Zucker. The State will work with impacted schools to ensure any child who currently depends on food assistance programs will continue to receive those benefits during this 2-week period.

- Andrew Cuomo

- Rev. Richard Hawke

- Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The fatality rate for people under 40 is 0.2% for Coronavirus. 23 and in perfect health here. My cousin, on the other hand, is under 40 (36) but has a shot liver. I'm sure he's quite worried about it.

Shep young children are safe; there are no confirmed deaths of those under 10.
    All the more reason to ignore the fear mongers

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information