Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfred Bourgeois - Federal Execution - December 11, 2020

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    From the last paragraph of the reversal:

One final matter: At oral argument, the government requested that we issue our mandate immediately. We decline that request. Instead, we exercise our authority to expedite the issuance of the mandate and adjust the rehearing deadlines. Fed. R. App. P. 35(c), 40(a), 41(b); see, e.g., Boucher v. Sch. Bd. of Sch. Dist. of Greenfield, 134 F.3d 821, 829 (7th Cir. 1998). The mandate shall issue seven days after the date this opinion is issued. A petition for panel or en banc rehearing must be filed within seven days after the issuance of this opinion. A petition for rehearing shall stay issuance of the mandate until disposi-tion of the petition. If the petition is denied, the mandate shall issue immediately upon denial.
    So it seems this may still take a while.

I came here to post that. It'll probably be a December or January execution date. I doubt he'll make it to January 20, but it's ridiculous they didn't immediately issue it. Judges need to start smacking these fake retards instead indulging their fishing expeditions.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

There won’t be an execution if Biden is elected. It’s definitely possible the en banc goes past January.

I doubt en banc will take past the end of November.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by Neil123 View Post
    There won’t be an execution if Biden is elected. It’s definitely possible the en banc goes past January.
    I wouldn’t worry. It’s being reported that Biden made pedophilic comments and gestures at a recent rally. People are waking up
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    The Seventh Circuit has reversed the district court’s ruling that Bourgeois is intellectually disabled. His stay of execution has now been lifted.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...020-10-06.html
    The panel was made up of Judges Kanne (Reagan), Hamilton (Obama) and St. Eve (Trump).

Senior Member Frequent Poster Alfred's Avatar
    Bourgeois has an execution date: December 11.

Alfred Bourgeois abused, tortured, and beat to death his young daughter. After a paternity test identified Bourgeois as the father of a two-and-a-half-year-old girl and a court ordered that he pay child support to the mother, Bourgeois took temporary custody of his daughter and brought her with him on a trucking route. While on the trip, Bourgeois systematically abused and tortured her — including by punching her in the face, whipping her with an electrical cord, and burning the bottom of her foot with a cigarette lighter. In July 2002, Bourgeois arrived at the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station for a delivery. While backing his truck up to a loading dock, his daughter tipped over her training potty. Bourgeois became enraged and repeatedly slammed the back of her head into the truck’s window and dashboard, killing her. On March 16, 2004, a jury in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas found Bourgeois guilty of murder within the special territorial jurisdiction of the United States, and unanimously recommended a death sentence, which the court imposed. His conviction and sentence were affirmed on appeal, and his requests for collateral relief were ultimately rejected by federal courts. In July 2019, his execution was scheduled for Jan. 13, 2020, but legal impediments prevented the government from proceeding at that time. Bourgeois is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection on Dec. 11, 2020, at the Federal Correctional Complex, Terre Haute, Indiana.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/execu...many-years-ago
    Last edited by Alfred; 11-20-2020 at 07:24 PM.

More details on Bourgeois' long and almost cartoonish history of violent behavior and depravity, as stated in the 5th Circuit's denial:

Bourgeois beat Robin repeatedly, including while she was pregnant.

Felony charges were pending against Bourgeois as a result of an incident that occurred while Robin was in the hospital giving birth to AB2001, in which he punched his mother-in-law in the mouth and beat her with a lamp, in the presence of AB1994 and other children.

At his and Robin’s wedding, Bourgeois fought with Robin’s brother when the brother warned him not to beat Robin.

Bourgeois terrorized Robin’s adopted brother, who was nine or ten years old and could not swim, by holding him by his feet over the side of a high bridge and over a pier at a boat launch. On another occasion, Bourgeois repeatedly dunked the boy in the water at the beach until he threw up from swallowing water. On yet another occasion, Bourgeois grabbed the boy by his ankles and
    swung him around until his head hit Bourgeois’s sleeping dog, which woke up and bit the boy.

Bourgeois pushed, choked, and argued with his first wife, Sheila Bourgeois, during their four-month marriage and while she was pregnant. She left him after he pushed her over a chair and she “busted up” her nose. Their daughter, SB1988, did not want to be alone with Bourgeois.

Ex-wife Cynthia Bourgeois’s daughter shook with fear every time Bourgeois was in her presence. When the child was three years old, Bourgeois took her to a family gathering and when she returned, she had a “big knot” on her head, walked with a limp, and had a bruise on her back in the shape of a footprint. She said that Bourgeois had pulled her hair out and put her head in
    the toilet.

After divorcing Gaynell Belvin James, Bourgeois took their three-year-old son for the day, and the boy returned very shaky, nervous, and withdrawn, with a large bruise on his thigh. The child was too afraid to go with Bourgeois again for many years. When the boy was thirteen years old, Bourgeois took him for what was supposed to be a day but kept him for a more than a month.

While Bourgeois was married to ex-wife, Gaynell Collins Bourgeois, he had a bad temper and shoved and choked her.

While incarcerated before trial, Bourgeois told a deputy United States Marshal, “If I was going to hit somebody, I would hit you.” A couple of weeks later, Bourgeois lunged at the officer.

Bourgeois’s cousin, Isaac Bourgeois, III, got into a fight with Bourgeois over insults to Isaac’s mother. Bourgeois bit Isaac’s little finger to the bone. The next day, Bourgeois and his brother, Lloyd Ferdinand, confronted Isaac and his mother with guns and threatened to kill them. Then they got in Lloyd’s truck, circled around Isaac and his mother, and told them they “could die today.”
    Bourgeois was convicted of disturbing the peace as a result of that incident. Lloyd later apologized, but Bourgeois never did.

On June 28, 2002, Bourgeois asked an FBI agent who was transporting him from the Nueces County Jail “how that girl [JG] made out.”

Four inmates testified about Bourgeois’s incriminating statements and threats he made while they were incarcerated together before trial. Bourgeois knew that Adam Longoria was a member of the Texas Syndicate prison gang. Longoria represented that he was a “hit man.” Bourgeois communicated to Longoria that he wanted his cousin, his ex-wife, and his wife killed and gave him their telephone numbers and addresses. He promised that his brother, Lloyd, would give Longoria a $100,000 18-wheeler truck and the names of people for drug runs. Longoria said that Bourgeois told him that he beat JG with a bat and extension cords. Orlando Campos testified that Bourgeois told him that he beat up his wives and ex-girlfriends and that he was going to kill Robin when he got out of prison. Wiley Taylor testified that Bourgeois told him that he was trying to have Robin killed so that she could not testify against him and that he and his brother made most of his money running drugs and illegal aliens. Taylor and Darrick Moore testified that Bourgeois told them he beat his wives and girlfriends. Robin testified that Bourgeois admitted that he did not have a conscience. She read a letter that Bourgeois had written to her uncle, intending that she see it, in which he stated: “in the name of God, Robin[’s] days will be short. That niece of yours will have a short life.” The letter also stated: “All this shit about extension cord beatings, biting this child, brutalizing this child, your niece told those people all this.” On cross-examination, she testified that Bourgeois could not handle the knowledge of her extramarital affair. She also testified that in the summer of 2002, they were having financial problems and he was stressed by finding out that he had another child to support.

The opinion also states that Bourgeois wanted to have the trial judge and prosecutor killed, that he was inappropriate with his 7-year-old daughter, that he attempted to commit perjury to get out of child support, and that, among the litany of abuse already listed in this thread, Bourgeois frequently duct-taped her mouth shut and forced her to drink urine.

https://cases.justia.com/federal/app...?ts=1376338302

Petition for En Banc Rehearing denied by the Seventh Circuit.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...0-12-01-0.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Judges Rovner (G.H.W. Bush) and Wood (Clinton) dissented from the denial of en banc. But no matter, the mandate has now issued immediately and Bourgeois' best chance to escape what's due is gone.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information