Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Unsub - new guy on the block

Senior Member Frequent Poster PATRICK5's Avatar
    You are always spewing your propaganda and getting your panties in knots when it is challenged. Makes me glad.

No, drugs will not run out and don't try to walk back what you meant. You don't fool people. There are no benefits in switching.
    Obama ate my dad

My exact words: Lets say for arguments sake that the drugs run out. Where do i say something else?
    On the shortage: You hope for the best but plan for the worst.

I know that i am on a Pro site, i do my best to treat everyone with respect and have interesting discussions. I see no reason why these discussions cant proceed in a civilized manner.

PS: I really dont see how my post can be seen as propaganda. It was informative with possibly a fun documentary for those interested.

Senior Member Member nmiller855's Avatar
    Unsub, I happen to think that lethal injection is way too easy on these murderers. Their victims didn't get to pick a quick & relatively painless death. In the case I'm so passionate about, he robbed, kidnapped, raped then shot 2 women with a shotgun while he had them kneel. I wish he had suffered greatly when he was put to death. I think they should go out the way they took their victim(s) out.

nmiller855,
    Your position is interesting, and in truth for CP to be a true deterrent that would be the best way. Murderers would think twice before torturing and killing someone.
    However we are better then criminals, our conscience prevents us from actually punishing someone in that way. Who could you find to torture and execute someone in that way?

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsub View Post
    nmiller855,
    Your position is interesting, and in truth for CP to be a true deterrent that would be the best way. Murderers would think twice before torturing and killing someone.
    However we are better then criminals, our conscience prevents us from actually punishing someone in that way. Who could you find to torture and execute someone in that way?
    You are correct most of us are better than criminals, but the victims families have a totally different mind set from us who are sitting on the sidelines, and not having to go through the life long living nightmare they have to take to their graves......I really have no problem having a open discussion with those who do not believe in the DP...but....the issue i have with most is they feel when murders of the worst kind get sentences like LWOP, they feel justice was served, but when they get the DP they are up in arms....you can't have it both ways, you have to accept the justice system we have, or not at all.....Many of us feel justice isn't always served when some don't get the DP when they truly deserve it, yet we vent accept it and move on, because that is how the justice systems works.....And i think what makes it tough for a lot of us who believe in the DP, is when the execution date for a DR inmate is coming up, all the anti's go all out making the condemned look like the victim, which can be pretty sickening once you go over the case and see what crime they committed, that lead them to the death chamber.......

Quote Originally Posted by stixfix69 View Post
    You are correct most of us are better than criminals, but the victims families have a totally different mind set from us who are sitting on the sidelines, and not having to go through the life long living nightmare they have to take to their graves......I really have no problem having a open discussion with those who do not believe in the DP...but....the issue i have with most is they feel when murders of the worst kind get sentences like LWOP, they feel justice was served, but when they get the DP they are up in arms....you can't have it both ways, you have to accept the justice system we have, or not at all.....Many of us feel justice isn't always served when some don't get the DP when they truly deserve it, yet we vent accept it and move on, because that is how the justice systems works.....And i think what makes it tough for a lot of us who believe in the DP, is when the execution date for a DR inmate is coming up, all the anti's go all out making the condemned look like the victim, which can be pretty sickening once you go over the case and see what crime they committed, that lead them to the death chamber.......
    I can agree on that last part, almost everyone that is sentenced to death is a bad person. And making them out to be saints is a terrible strategy for anti's. The argument should be that it is simply wrong to kill anyone, no matter how bad the person is. That is a question to be answered by the people. My hope is that enough people will eventually agree on this.

On a side note i think lwop is a terrible sentence. When i look at jail reality shows i get shivers thinking just how bad things are in prison. In thruth if offered the choice to live my life out in an american prison or a humane death like nitrogen gas i might actually choose death. So i do think that lwop is a sentence that can fit the most terrible murder.

I can agree on that last part, almost everyone that is sentenced to death is a bad person. And making them out to be saints is a terrible strategy for anti's. The argument should be that it is simply wrong to kill anyone, no matter how bad the person is. That is a question to be answered by the people. My hope is that enough people will eventually agree on this.

On a side note i think lwop is a terrible sentence. When i look at jail reality shows i get shivers thinking just how bad things are in prison. In thruth if offered the choice to live my life out in an american prison or a humane death like nitrogen gas i might actually choose death. So i do think that lwop is a sentence that can fit the most terrible murder.
    Well...Actually it isn't people killing people it is the condemned killing themselves, they know the laws of the land, and they know that once they cross that line, then by law, the DP can be handed down.....Not like don't know the consequences, as that is the purpose of the DP to make people think twice before they cross that line....

On your second counter point, you and many law abiding citizens can watch those shows and think LWOP is worse than death,but in reality for a lot of these repeat offenders function better in prison than they do in the outside world....So LWOP is nothing to them, seeing most have spent most of their lives in the Prison system....Laws are in place for a reason, and if people decide to break the ones that could land them on DR, then as they have to accept it, so should the law abiding citizens, even the anti's......

Well...Actually it isn't people killing people it is the condemned killing themselves, they know the laws of the land
    An interesting point, i hadnt considered it before. The problem with this aproach is that society sets the punishment. By setting the punishment as death it takes an active part in the taking of a life. I admit that the offender takes the risk when he commits the crime. But by setting the punishment as death, society takes the life of the offender and that is wrong i think.

On your second counter point, you and many law abiding citizens can watch those shows and think LWOP is worse than death,but in reality for a lot of these repeat offenders function better in prison than they do in the outside world....So LWOP is nothing to them, seeing most have spent most of their lives in the Prison system....Laws are in place for a reason, and if people decide to break the ones that could land them on DR, then as they have to accept it, so should the law abiding citizens, even the anti's......
    Oh i will never advocate the breaking of any law that isnt unconstitional ( the DP in principle is not against the constitution, maybe current practice might be but that is a different topic ). But there is no law against disliking it and there is no law in trying to get it changed

An interesting point, i hadnt considered it before. The problem with this aproach is that society sets the punishment. By setting the punishment as death it takes an active part in the taking of a life. I admit that the offender takes the risk when he commits the crime. But by setting the punishment as death, society takes the life of the offender and that is wrong i think.

Oh i will never advocate the breaking of any law that isnt unconstitional ( the DP in principle is not against the constitution, maybe current practice might be but that is a different topic ). But there is no law against disliking it and there is no law in trying to get it changed

Never meant to give you the impression that it is against the law to dislike or advocate for new laws to abolish the DP, but until then i was just suggesting, and not specifically towards you that some of the anti's should sometimes just look more into cases, before automatically thinking the DR inmate that is about to be executed is either innocent, or is undeserving......When you think about it most of the DR inmates kill, then try to run, or hide in hopes of never being caught, and until they are caught they continue their crimes.....They have already abused he laws of freedom, and have made their choice of which path they wanted to take in life, so to end my book report here i will say....Karma can be a bitch.....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information